• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Arsenal were lucky. They got the early goal that they desperately need because Alba slipped. Then they were played off the park for over an hour, hardly had a shot while Bayern had plenty of shots and chances. Yes they restricted Bayern to mainly efforts outside the box, but most days you'd see either Robben or Kroos take one of those outside the box chances that they got. And of course it's always very marginal when you're defending like that.

Of course as the game wears on and Arsenal had no choice, but to pour men forward Bayern would get a bit nervous. But that only happened after Arsenal had been really lucky, and even when they got another goal, this time somewhat flukey from a set piece they weren't able to build on that and put pressure on Bayern.

Very average looking Arsenal side I thought. Gave the ball away incredibly easy most of the game and created fairly little. They defended reasonably well, but they had nothing else for most of the game.

Would have been lucky on par with some of the Chelsea ties last season if Arsenal had gone though after those two games.

I have to agree with all of that. I thought Arsenal were crap but managed to score twice whereas Bayern were profligate with their chances to say the least. The media spin that plucky Arsenal were so close to defeating the nasty German team really was stretching the truth. I thought body language of the Arsenal players at the end of the game they showed they were rather deflated. I don't think this will be the confidence boost to Arsenal some are predicting.

One player who I thought was excellent was Jenkinson.

I wonder if Arsenal's performance today was the same as against Bayern (performance not scoreline). It will be interesting when they are next at home. Not sure the current set-up is applicable in their home games...

I wonder if Arsenal's performance today was the same as against Bayern (performance not scoreline). It will be interesting when they are next at home. Not sure the current set-up is applicable in their home games...

Thought they were deserved winners against Swansea.

Difficult to judge their performance, Swansea didn't seem at their best (as feared after their cup win), but either way it was a good, solid away performance by the scum. Unfortunately.

Like I said after the Liverpool loss, the win over Arsenal meant absolutely NOTHING except bragging rights with Arsenal fans. We simply didn't capitalize. They are the ones now laughing at us, 4 points behind us and a game in hand to make it 1 point behind us with an easier run in then we have. In fact speaking to a few of them the only game they are worried about is West Brom away :lol:

We have Swansea, Stoke and Chelsea away as well as hosting Everton and Emirates Marketing Project. If we do it, we probably deserve fourth place based on results but we won't. Sure you may see this as knee jerk of negativity, well you can say that and I'll just reply with a big fudge you. In fact no I won't, I'll let Spurs do that to you instead. We do it time and time again, we did it last year, we did it the year before.

Like I said after the Liverpool loss, the win over Arsenal meant absolutely NOTHING except bragging rights with Arsenal fans. We simply didn't capitalize. They are the ones now laughing at us, 4 points behind us and a game in hand to make it 1 point behind us with an easier run in then we have. In fact speaking to a few of them the only game they are worried about is West Brom away :lol:

We have Swansea, Stoke and Chelsea away as well as hosting Everton and Emirates Marketing Project. If we do it, we probably deserve fourth place based on results but we won't. Sure you may see this as knee jerk of negativity, well you can say that and I'll just reply with a big fudge you. In fact no I won't, I'll let Spurs do that to you instead. We do it time and time again, we did it last year, we did it the year before.

Feel exactly the same way. People thinking we can get 2nd when we never finish above Arsenal for a start.

Forget the run ins of the two teams, everyone plays the same teams twice. You finish where you deserve to finish.

Spot on about the last line btw.

'Three in a row, the spurs wobble now in full flow!!! as much as i would love to win the league i have to admit not trying for a season then creeping up and breaking spurs hearts is almost as fun!!!'

'Tell me how selling Berbatov and getting Adey is working out for you? Hehehe'

Gooner mate's trolling. Don't hear a peep from them all season and then this. I feel sorry for them that their whole season is now based on finishing above us and trying to consolidate top 4. They haven't progressed at all whilst we are catching them up rapidly.

Let them troll, they deserve to, we have ourselves to blame. If we were in Arsenals shoes we'd be doing the same thing.

Stop it. Stop the fudging laughing. Stop it. Stop laughing at fudging Arsenal.

Are you happy, football gods? Are your cruel ,sadistic tendencies sated by the way you fudge Tottenham around every single year? Hmm?

I legitimately think Harry sacrificed a goat at Stonehenge in August 2009, to get them to stop persecuting us, if only for a year.

Thing is with Arsenal this year is that when the summer comes, there wont be any offers for any of their players for once. There are no stars there anymore which top teams will be after whether they finish top 4 or not. We on the other hand are different so its far more important to us to finish top 4 than them.

if Utd sow up the title by the time they face the scum, i can see Fergie throwing the Arse game to boost their top 4 chances and thus we finish out of the top 4. Bale will want to leave and Fergie will swoop with a 60 mill offer 8-[

It only "means nothing" other than bragging rights if we finish behind them. The fight to finish ahead of them is far from over yet.

"Means nothing" in quotes above as those 3 points could also secure us finishing above some other team like Chelsea or Everton even if Arsenal finish ahead of us. At the end of the season the win over Arsenal means 3 points, nothing more, but also nothing less.

It's embarrassing when most of the teams we come up against have better strikers than us. Even the likes of Aston Villa do at the moment.

Its bizarre more than embarrassing as we could have got someone in. We tried for Leandro showing that we knew we had a problem but had no other choice available in world football either on a loan or cheap stop gap to cover us for this situation. Hopefully all these non paid goal bonus' arent going towards our scouting team.

I hate these gooner cvnts and the realisation that yet again we are going to resign our Champions' League spot to them via an end of season collapse makes every fibre of my being quiver with disgust.

the Arsenal win, which makes us 3 points better off than if we had lost, means nothing because we lost to Liverpool

gonna have to break that down for me lads because im struggling to get it

the Arsenal win, which makes us 3 points better off than if we had lost, means nothing because we lost to Liverpool

It's the weird, twisted logic of football supporters. Like the old adage of a "six pointer". I wonder if people would've been saying "it means nothing" if we'd lost to them?

Anyway, like I said elsewhere, this isn't terminal for us. Yet. But it pretty soon will become so if we don't get to winning ways very quickly.

Gooner fans getting ****y now. We could implode and we could bottle it. But if that happens we have the whole of the summer to be reminded of such and also get laughed at.

So perhaps we should enjoy a little laughing AT THEM NOW! Hell, why not? There might not be a chance later.

Got a few puns jokes to post now.

Who's with me on this??

Better remove this thread now. It is really embarassing the way we let Arsenal close the gap on us yet again. Until we actually finish ahead of them or win a trophy or two, there shouldn't be any thread about them. I normally go to Arsenal forum to read their reactions whenever we win. But it is too embarassing to go there now.

Nor me. In fact as stated above we would be six points worse off had we lost to Arsenal. 51 to their 53 and they would have the game in hand. So the Arsenal victory means a hell of a lot!

Back