• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Stellar euros for him... He didn't concede a goal or have a bad game

I really don't get the hype behind him at all. He hasnt had one solid season and yet he is talked of as the messiah of England's defence!!!
If you don't dwell on the mistakes that he has made and instead look at his attributes then you see why several clubs are prepared to spend big money on him.

If you don't dwell on the mistakes that he has made and instead look at his attributes then you see why several clubs are prepared to spend big money on him.

His actual defending isn't a combination of mistakes.... Its for me a case of him actually not being a good defender

His actual defending isn't a combination of mistakes.... Its for me a case of him actually not being a good defender
Fair enough.... Our opinions differ here. I guess time will tell which of us is right. Don't get me wrong I don't think he is worth anything like £40 or £50 million right now, but in 2 or 3 years he could be worth more than that.

Fair enough.... Our opinions differ here. I guess time will tell which of us is right. Don't get me wrong I don't think he is worth anything like £40 or £50 million right now, but in 2 or 3 years he could be worth more than that.

I don't disagree that he could develop but that's not a development fee

That makes him the most expensive defender in the world I think yet he isn't even the best at the club selling him

He wouldn't be the first £50m defender for whom the fee was a joke. I remember when it was announced that David Luiz was moving for £50m to PSG. I'd prefer Stones, at least the potential is there with him.

I think Guardiola wants Stones not primarily as a defender. In his previous teams, he has liked playing a defender who is capable with the ball at his feet. A defender who can step up to midfield, when the team has possession and not look out of place is the kind of player that Guardiola is likely to want. And there is not a truck load of young centre backs capable of doing that, whilst still having some ability to defend. So suddenly yes, the fee is high but with potential, and for the skills that Guardiola specifically requires from his player then perhaps the fee is more understandable, even if still too high.

Not that I would usually want their cast-offs however Januzaj and Fosu-Mensah might be worth picking up if available at the right price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36921706

I said at the start of the summer that we should be targeting Fosu-Mensah and Rashford (before we went for Wanyama and Janssen). Their careers will be ruined by Mourinho.

Fosu-Mensah is a DM or CB primarily I think.

I said at the start of the summer that we should be targeting Fosu-Mensah and Rashford (before we went for Wanyama and Janssen). Their careers will be ruined by Mourinho.

Fosu-Mensah is a DM or CB primarily I think.

From what I've seen of him, I agree that he's a CB long-term, not a RB. Bring him in and use him and CCV as 4th choice CB

Would be a good move for Grant I think and represent another success story for Tottenham with us being right up there in terms of producing academy graduates that go on to play professional football in England.

To add to this, it is why if I were an academy player in England at the moment, I wouldn't want to be at any academy ahead of ours at Spurs. Very, VERY few players will make it at a club of the level of Spurs and there will only be limited numbers who can make at any level in the PL, but we have consistently shown that we develop our graduates to a level that means they are equipped to make a living playing the game.

I think moves such as this one for Grant Ward are just as good an advert for young players to join/stay as the examples of academy players that have broken through to our first team. Well done to John McD and all of the talented, hard-working, youth coaches at Spurs.

Last edited:
Rotherham will be gutted to miss out on him (I play alongside a fan of theirs). I think he'll become a very good championship player, and may even return to the top flight with a yo-yo team Dean Marney style

Back