• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Defensive Midfielder

Where you genuinely impressed with anyone in the. Villa side yesterday?

No secret I am a massive Benteke fan. Also think that Delp and Mason play a similar game but Delph shades it for me - I cannot see Mason getting into the position Delph was when Vorm pulled off that wonder save.

Our AM three need to be more effective to help out Masaleb.

Vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine I would like to see Rose at LW, Dembele AM, Yedlin RW so we can see how effective it is when the CM get the ball forward and we actually get the opposition on the back foot rather than just playing it in front of them, letting them take shape, before our attack breaks down (usually on the oppositions terms)

No secret I am a massive Benteke fan. Also think that Delp and Mason play a similar game but Delph shades it for me - I cannot see Mason getting into the position Delph was when Vorm pulled off that wonder save.

He has done that this season a few times (Mason) like United at home for instance and the goalie scored the other week. Mason isnt perfect but is IMO better than Delph who has the passing accuracy of a turnip, and Mason will get better with experience

Benteke is a good player but yesterday I thought he was poor. Some of his touches were woeful, yet he scored a goal and almost assisted a second so he had a huge impact in the game. I'd like him for us along with either Berahino or Ings

Again it is obvious to me that out CM of Bentalab and Mason is a area we need to uprate, Bentalab is one who may go on and be a very good player but the more I see of Mason the more I see hype and not much else. He is a decent player but for me he will end up being a Livermore or Caulker, two players who came through the set up and got a load of hype talked about how good they are/were but moved on to teams in the lower reaches of the Prem.

Again it is obvious to me that out CM of Bentalab and Mason is a area we need to uprate, Bentalab is one who may go on and be a very good player but the more I see of Mason the more I see hype and not much else. He is a decent player but for me he will end up being a Livermore or Caulker, two players who came through the set up and got a load of hype talked about how good they are/were but moved on to teams in the lower reaches of the Prem.

they looked fine when we had dembele infront of them linking midfield and attack. But I agree. We need to upgrade central midfield, most definitely Mason. Like you say, Bentaleb may come good, but he needs some competition.

they looked fine when we had dembele infront of them linking midfield and attack. But I agree. We need to upgrade central midfield, most definitely Mason. Like you say, Bentaleb may come good, but he needs some competition.

Will agree with that, it would be great to see a young player come through and become a major player for us. However over the years I have seen many young players come through and receive over the top hype and the vast majority of them have ended up in the lower leagues. Kane has had a great start and I hope he can carry it into next season but for every Kane there is a Townsend, Houghton, Caskey Turner etc, etc etc.

I think Prichard and Dele Ali will both be in our squad next season, and not just warming the bench either...

The problem is that we are carrying 3 passengers in EVERY game.

The attacking 3, whoever they are. They don't penetrate, they don't retain possession, they don't score... they are awful.

Change to 4321 or 451 or 442 or just buy 'a three' that works... but don't keep trudging onwards with 4231 where the 3 do NOTHING helpful for the team.

People say Mason is tired and playing poorly and also that he should play further forward, why not try him instead of Chadli or Townsend?

Soldado has some fight but can't score, how about

Bentaleb Stambouli Eriksen
.........Soldado Mason
...............Kane

Yes I know it looks odd, but my GHod we have to get Chadli and Townsend out of that team asap.

I think Prichard and Dele Ali will both be in our squad next season, and not just warming the bench either...

Winks and Onomah possibly too

----Mason----Bentlaeb
-(Winks)--(Alli)--(Stambouli)

------------Eriksen
----(Pritchard)--(Onomah)

For the 3 CM positions gives us a lot better options than having Paulinho, Dembele and Capoue providing the back-up

Whenever we play a team we look down on and end up not having a decent shot on goal - whereas the opposition score, have a shot hit the post and miss another glorious opportunity thanks to a wonder save from our keeper and run riot every time they attack.

bbc:
Cesc Fabregas struck with three minutes to go...Chelsea had not registered a single shot on target until then but did enough to extend their lead at the top of the Premier League to seven points.

It would not have been undeserved if Chris Ramsey's side had taken all three points - Belgian keeper Courtois denying Charlie Austin and the impressive Matt Phillips twice.

Chelsea's pass completion in this game was 70%, their lowest in a Premier League game this season, and the leaders struggled to deal with some intense Rangers pressing.

...uncomfortable for Jose Mourinho's men, who looked like going an entire 90 minutes without forcing a save from Green.

Saw the game and that is a good description.

But you know what? Although Chelsea did not manage a decent shot on target before their goal, their build up was still coherent with players knowing where they needed to be, interchanging both positions & passes and in general still managed to look organised even though they were not getting shots on goal through thanks to some excellent last ditch defending by QPR (Sandro was brilliant BTW). You could see that Hazard, Oscar or Fabregas could get them a goal any minute.

However look at us against Burnley and Villa - not to mention more games than I care to remember. We looked disorganised, incoherent and - when Eriksen is so much out of form - you are scratching your hand wondering how can we get a goal unless it's from a fluke or a worldlie....

----Mason----Bentlaeb

------------Eriksen

For the 3 CM positions gives us a lot better options than having Paulinho, Dembele and Capoue providing the back-up

Now i am all for youth but that is simply ridiculous. Play a team of under 21s? You must be joking! I think we have too many youngsters already as it is and for a team to be successful it needs at least 6 - 7 seasoned quality pros.

----Mason----Bentlaeb

------------Eriksen

That is just embarrassing. If that was what we played with next year we'd struggle for mid table. Luckily,, however inept Poch can seem to be, I don't think even he is that utterly bonkers.

Our AM three need to be more effective to help out Masaleb.

Vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine I would like to see Rose at LW, Dembele AM, Yedlin RW so we can see how effective it is when the CM get the ball forward and we actually get the opposition on the back foot rather than just playing it in front of them, letting them take shape, before our attack breaks down (usually on the oppositions terms)

Again, another embarrassing porch decision, townsend is a lazy fudger, never halps the defence, however irritating lamela can be, he works his arse off and battles for more. A bit more protection. but no, let's keep playing the utter useless gimp Townsend instead - I LOVE POCH!!!!

Now i am all for youth but that is simply ridiculous. Play a team of under 21s? You must be joking! I think we have too many youngsters already as it is and for a team to be successful it needs at least 6 - 7 seasoned quality pros.

I don't want us to buy a team to win the 3rd losers cup next season. I want us to build a side to compete to win the league and the CL in 3-5 seasons time. But to do this when we're only the 6th richest club in the country, we have to do it the Ajax/Dortmund way, which is to bring through wave upon wave of young hungry technical players

That is just embarrassing. If that was what we played with next year we'd struggle for mid table. Luckily,, however inept Poch can seem to be, I don't think even he is that utterly bonkers.

To me what's embarrassing is all the entitlement fans throwing tantrums like toddlers, demanding £30m signings because they only know instant gratification.

Building something of our own is not only the smart thing to do, but it will be so much rewarding.

Eriksen and Bentaleb are more than good enough. Mason I am unsure of,he can go either way. I think Chadli is our most overrated player, so lazy and never challenges the FB . He has an odd goal or two once in a while, other than that he is a decent backup at best .

Lamela is an excellent player , but he just doesn't fit the PL , I am sure he will be a sucsess if he leaves for Spain or Italy , that doesn't help us though.

What we really lack is a fast winger , a player that can create chaos and score a few goals , and also free up Eriksen . We are such a sloooow team it's frightening .
I think we need two new pacey winger, and I would love for us to go all in for Depay , even though I think it's highly unlikely and he will go to a better club . Konoplyanka (or whatever his name is) is a no brainer for me if we can get him for free, he is exactly the kind of player we need .

I also think Poch realises this and that is why Townsend is seeing so much game time , he is "fast" and can create problems even though he is brick 90% of the time .

I don't want us to buy a team to win the 3rd losers cup next season. I want us to build a side to compete to win the league and the CL in 3-5 seasons time. But to do this when we're only the 6th richest club in the country, we have to do it the Ajax/Dortmund way, which is to bring through wave upon wave of young hungry technical players

To me what's embarrassing is all the entitlement fans throwing tantrums like toddlers, demanding £30m signings because they only know instant gratification.

Building something of our own is not only the smart thing to do, but it will be so much rewarding.

To want to buy a couple of experienced players to balance out the squad is not representative of some petulant need for instant gratification, it is footballing common sense.

To want to buy a couple of experienced players to balance out the squad is not representative of some petulant need for instant gratification, it is footballing common sense.

IMO we've already got enough with Lloris, Verts and Fazio. That's a good core of experienced pros.

I just don't want us signing more high-wage deadwood like we usually do when we dip into the mature market - Pienaar, Saha, Nelsen etc.

IMO we've already got enough with Lloris, Verts and Fazio. That's a good core of experienced pros.

I just don't want us signing more high-wage deadwood like we usually do when we dip into the mature market - Pienaar, Saha, Nelsen etc.

We have the youngest team in Europe (tm) - based on the average age of the 10 players with the most starts or whatever the metric was. Saying that we could benefit from a bit more exposure is hardly controversial. And the players that are likely to leave in the summer are primarily older more experienced players.

Much more controversial to jump to "deadwood" signings just because someone calmly and rationally say they want us to buy a couple of experienced players. We've made plenty of excellent deals for more experienced players that has helped us a lot in the past. I don't think we would have gotten CL without Crouch for example... Very good signing, just what we needed at the time, good with with the style of play and squad, not too expensive, fee could be recouped. Other examples from Naybet and Davids to Parker and of course Hugo Lloris are actually at least as easy to find as our failed deadwood signings.

Back