• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

How the F*** does Dernbach get picked to play for England he must have the worst stats of any bowler in the world, he can't bat and is a poor fielder

Trott
Swan
Flower
KP

Anyone else's career that we've ENDED!!!???!!

where shall we start??? since I have lived in Oz from 2006, here is the answer to your question:

Ponting
Hussey
Katich
Hughes
Khawaja
Agar (still a chance to resurrect)
Hauritz
Beer
Doherty
Cowan
Johnson (then he resurrected himself and only got picked when Starc, Pattinson and Cummins all got back knack)
Krejza
White
Jaques
Bollinger
North

obviously some of these have made it is the short game, but as that doesn't count as cricket I am ignoring it.

And don't give me the Ponting/Katich/Hussey were retiring, they have all made it clear they would have carried on if they had been given the opportunity.

more to the point, they were all past it years ago and were still good enough to beat the Aussies for a few years

LOL nice try guys. How many of that list retired from their sport at the peak of their career after being humiliated in an Ashes?

Trott and KP still have games in them. Flower is your coach, greatest in decades, gone.

Swan had a cry and left mid-series after the result was beyond doubt. What an embarrassment he is.

edit: actually, did you just list a random bunch of players? Ponting retired after South Africa. Hussey after Sri Lanka. Katich's last test was against England but he pulled out due to injury when he was on form. The rest (apart from Johnson who I'm pretty sure hasn't been ended) aren't worthy of an end.

So that's 12-1 in the cricket (or 5-0 for the purists) and 4-0 in the endings. When Cook loses the captaincy, that'll make it another 5'fer.

Last edited:
Is Trott's career ended?

There's been question's over KP for a while now, so I'm not particularly surprised by that.

LOL nice try guys. How many of that list retired from their sport at the peak of their career after being humiliated in an Ashes?

Trott and KP still have games in them. Flower is your coach, greatest in decades, gone.

Swan had a cry and left mid-series after the result was beyond doubt. What an embarrassment he is.

edit: actually, did you just list a random bunch of players? Ponting retired after South Africa. Hussey after Sri Lanka. Katich's last test was against England but he pulled out due to injury when he was on form. The rest (apart from Johnson who I'm pretty sure hasn't been ended) aren't worthy of an end.

So that's 12-1 in the cricket (or 5-0 for the purists) and 4-0 in the endings. When Cook loses the captaincy, that'll make it another 5'fer.

Either you deliberately missed the point of my post, or you are indeed actually Australian and just didn't understand it.

You asked the question "anyone else's career that we've ended" and I have given you a list (not exhaustive as I can't remember all of them) of players that have been deemed the best available to your selectors, have been picked for your test team and have subsequently had their careers ended by their own people, cast into the wilderness, never to play for their country again. The exceptions in that list are Johnson, who as you will agree, would never have been in the test squad if Pattinson/Cummins/starc had been fit. His selection was greeted with derision over here until he actually bowled. Hughes may well get another game now that Marsh has been injured, and Agar is still in nappies, should never have been picked in the first place but still may come good.

Basically your selectors have been instrumental in ending significantly more Aussie careers than your team has of English careers.

Flowers, I'll give you that one. Directly attributable to the thrashing by the Aussies in this series.

Swann, retiring half way through was very poor but if you seriously think being carted for a few runs by the Aussies made that decision for him then you ar deluded. That decision was made after he was told he was dropped for the last tests, his reaction was very poor but that was down to the selectors decision.

K.P , walking timebomb, his performances were poor but ultimately I doubt the beating by the Aussies was the deciding factor, this came down more to moving forwards and stability. It is obvious he is no longer in his prime as his scores proove.

Trott, if the Aussies think you had anything to do with his returning home then you are either ignorant or arrogant (or potentially both). This was a culmination of many personal and emotional factors, not a bouncer from Johnson. He removed himself from the squad as he admitted he could not give 100% to the team, the right thing to do in any circumstance.

After the '15 Ashes let's see if you think anyone has "ended" the careers of Rogers, Haddin, Watson, Johnson, Harris and maybe Clarke. Or maybe, just maybe, they might make decisions for other reasons !

So your point was selectors ended the careers of some has beens and a few never will be's? Isn't that their job?

I think we both agree that Johnson, Hughes and Agar still have a test career either currently or ahead of them.

So your point was selectors ended the careers of some has beens and a few never will be's? Isn't that their job?

I think we both agree that Johnson, Hughes and Agar still have a test career either currently or ahead of them.
Right, so your selectors are doing their job by deciding that some "has beens" or "never will bes" will not play again, but you then decide that the same doesn't apply to England ???

The England selectors decided Swann would not play, they decided K.P is no longer needed, Flower is obsolete etc etc etc but you in your infinite wisdom have pinned this on the Aussies !

Unreal

Piers Morgan is such an idiot. He has just tweeted stuff Prior allegedly said in the dressing room against Flower as revenge for the KP removal. Proof that KP deserved to go and Morgan is just pathetic.

Right, so your selectors are doing their job by deciding that some "has beens" or "never will bes" will not play again, but you then decide that the same doesn't apply to England ???

The England selectors decided Swann would not play, they decided K.P is no longer needed, Flower is obsolete etc etc etc but you in your infinite wisdom have pinned this on the Aussies !

Unreal

The selectors only made the call on KP and Flower and that was after such a poor series against us. It doesn't even compare.

Back