• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Slow 1st hour for England, not lost a wicket which is the important thing, hopefully can build on a solid start

57/1 off 27 Overs

Snoooooooooooozefest so far but its a marathon not a sprint, Trott looks in good touch though

Brought this for my ashes trip

£20

1621_12.jpg

155/4

Losing KP and Cook so close together was not good...

Relying on Bell yet again it seems, cant see Bairstow doing anything and Prior is horribly out of form

Bell out 1st over after tea trying to hit over the top, we can cut him some slack but these players are making some rash stupid shots..

155/5 now

This has been tough viewing today. Pietersen the only one who will take them on, even though he was a bit reckless. Even the crowd are taking the tinkle out of the slow run rate.

This has been tough viewing today. Pietersen the only one who will take them on, even though he was a bit reckless. Even the crowd are taking the tinkle out of the slow run rate.

I love cricket and can happily watch it all day, but wow today has been so tedious, fair play to the Aussies they have bowled well, but jeez....

Yawnsville

Commentators just said no team has scored over 250 in 1st innings at Chester Le Street this season...

In that case why on earth has the venue got a fudging test, especially an Ashes test

Valuable runs from Swann and Anderson. Was staring a sub 200 score in the face, now we've got it to 230+ since Aus took the new ball. Still expect it's a below par score but could be the difference

238/9 at stumps, Jimmy with 16 off 10 and Bresnan over 10 too, makes it not a total disaster today

Good bowling from Lyon today, why on earth didnt he play all 4 tests so far, seriously he bowled well in tests before too...

If England could get another 20 or so then take a few quick qickets, it could be very much game on

Just really negative from England. Even if we don't win this test, I hope we go out in the 2nd innings and actually try to play some shots, not just occupy the crease.

How embarrassing would it be if we ended up drawing 2-2?

Just really negative from England. Even if we don't win this test, I hope we go out in the 2nd innings and actually try to play some shots, not just occupy the crease.

How embarrassing would it be if we ended up drawing 2-2?

Based on how far below par we have batted, it might be the fair result. The fact that we have already secured the Ashes while playing pretty badly shows how much a better side England are IMO. Bell is the only player who has really batted consistently well.

Based on how far below par we have batted, it might be the fair result. The fact that we have already secured the Ashes while playing pretty badly shows how much a better side England are IMO. Bell is the only player who has really batted consistently well.

What? And we've played well?? Both teams have been poor.

Losing a test might be a good thing long term, if we take this attitude though the winter there is a very real possibility of losing the next series

Good day of sport to watch today, Ashes, the footie scores, Spurs vs Espanyol then the Golf...

Im not moving off my couch all day

Well that lasted a longtime this morning haha

Right get the Aussies in and see how they fare on this pitch, ball moving around a fair bit in the first 10 mins, Jimmy could get some early swing

Back