• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Unbelievable wins again, lucky as the wicketkeeper take looked dropped BUT the style of cricket means we general get what we force and deserve now

It's very hard to judge how far this team have come, but after years of watching England teams scratch about batting on the sub continent it's great to see some selfbelief and aggression. The bowlers stick at it and we appear to have a plan, just wish we had a decent spinner, every wicket Leach takes comes as a complete surprise to me, he just doesnt seem to apply any pressure on the batsmen.

It's very hard to judge how far this team have come, but after years of watching England teams scratch about batting on the sub continent it's great to see some selfbelief and aggression. The bowlers stick at it and we appear to have a plan, just wish we had a decent spinner, every wicket Leach takes comes as a complete surprise to me, he just doesnt seem to apply any pressure on the batsmen.

As always the real test comes against the Aussies but the recent record is impressive all the same. Going to Pakistan and doing what we have done is hugely impressive

I was cursing our cat this morning at 4.30 when she was crying to go out, but what a favour she did me, watched a great days play in the test, down side I'm feeling sleepy now and looks like an early night for me.

Another brilliant all round display
This leggie looks a huge talent, we need to manage him the right way

Next summer will be brilliant as the Aussies will come at us just as hard as we will go at them

It has potential already to be one of the best series ever

Was trying to pick my 11 for the 1st Test (with no injuries and all in form) it's hard

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
Foakes/Bairstow
Rehan
Robinson/Woakes
Archer/Wood
Anderson/Broad

Do think they might try with Pope behind the stumps then you can get another batter/bowler in but Foakes is a supreme gloveman and a decent bat and you need your best players in against the Aussies
Archer/Wood can play 5 between them then they could go all out when they play
Jimmy/Broady too for me this will be their last series too so will want to go out with a bang

Another brilliant all round display
This leggie looks a huge talent, we need to manage him the right way

Next summer will be brilliant as the Aussies will come at us just as hard as we will go at them

It has potential already to be one of the best series ever

Was trying to pick my 11 for the 1st Test (with no injuries and all in form) it's hard

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Brook
Stokes
Foakes/Bairstow
Rehan
Robinson/Woakes
Archer/Wood
Anderson/Broad

Do think they might try with Pope behind the stumps then you can get another batter/bowler in but Foakes is a supreme gloveman and a decent bat and you need your best players in against the Aussies
Archer/Wood can play 5 between them then they could go all out when they play
Jimmy/Broady too for me this will be their last series too so will want to go out with a bang

I think you have it spot on Foakes for me as you need to snag the catches and like you say, he is a decent bat

Back