• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

That’s because 90% of the crowd was Pakistan:D….
Yes I know that.

It actually makes it worse given the fanatical reputation of their fans.

Both finalists, win or lose, deserve applause and respect for their great play throughout the tournament.

I just think people are so apathetic these days, especially if things haven't gone their way. It's a day/night out, an occasion, a final. Soak it in.

Of course, all excused if you had to 'beat the traffic':rolleyes:

Pretty pathetic showing in the one-day games. Definite World Cup hangover, and honestly seems like they just want it to be over with.

Pretty pathetic showing in the one-day games. Definite World Cup hangover, and honestly seems like they just want it to be over with.

This series has been used as a try out for fringe players, many have not taken their chance. Roy seems to have lost it and Willey is a conditions player and we have no spin threat, Stone looked good in one game but needs to get and keep fit.

This series has been used as a try out for fringe players, many have not taken their chance. Roy seems to have lost it and Willey is a conditions player and we have no spin threat, Stone looked good in one game but needs to get and keep fit.

Im with Moeen on this though in that the should have just packed up after the WC and had a rest. Again, an example of far to much cricket being played. Pakistan in the tests next, never ending

Let's just scrap first class cricket and play T20, each county side plays 72 games a season between June-August and international competions, lots of fireworks, loud music, sell lots of tickets and booze. If we must play test cricket make it 3 days, little tweak with rules batsmen is out if he doesnt score run in over, no 4's, 10 for hit over boundary, teams of 18 but only 11 can bat and field, 12 designated batsmen and 6 bowlers in team, bowlers dont bat. Teams must wear garish kits and have silly names.

Im with Moeen on this though in that the should have just packed up after the WC and had a rest. Again, an example of far to much cricket being played. Pakistan in the tests next, never ending
I totally agree with the sentiment, but I did read today that because he’s centrally contracted Moeen has only played 28 days of cricket this season ?

I totally agree with the sentiment, but I did read today that because he’s centrally contracted Moeen has only played 28 days of cricket this season ?

Yeh he might not be a great example of the issues, like a Stokes maybe but the sentiment is most definitely right, the schedule is utterly mental.

On another note, great to see Archer get Lions overs in today.

uturaj Gaikwad has become the first cricketer to hit seven sixes in one over in a limited-overs match.

The India batter, 25, broke the record in a Vijay Hazare Trophy quarter-final, playing for Maharashtra against Uttar Pradesh in Ahmedabad on Monday.

Left-arm spinner Shiva Singh was the bowler hit for seven sixes - the fifth of which came off a no-ball, earning Gaikwad an extra delivery.

The 43 runs conceded also equalled the record for most runs off an over.

That record was set in Hamilton, New Zealand in 2018 by Northern Districts batters Joe Carter and Brett Hampton, who hit Central Districts' Willem Ludingdong for six sixes, a four and a single in an over containing two no-balls.

Gaikwad, who plays for Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League, smashed 220 off 159 balls, including 16 sixes and 10 fours - going from 165 off 147 to 207 off 154 after his seven sixes.

The opener's unbeaten 220 helped Maharashtra to post 330-5 from their 50 overs, on the way to a 58-run win.

In 1990, former New Zealand captain Lee Germon hit eight sixes in an over which went for 77 during a first-class match, albeit in contrived circumstances.

West Indies legend Sir Garfield Sobers was the first batter to hit six sixes in an over in professional cricket, and Gaikwad is the 10th player to do so.

Gaikwad also equalled the record - held by three men - of hitting the highest number of sixes (16) in a single List-A (limited-overs) innings.

Have England got any chance in this series in Pakistan or are we expecting a whitewash?
I'm expecting a very hard fought series defo not a thrashing and I fancy us to nick it
As we know from last summer our test team is something else and never ever write them off
I really can't wait to watch, lots of early starts well 5am !!

Looking forward to it, they have a good attack, it will test Englands recent tactic, hope to see young spinner, we need to added that to our attack, I'm always surprised when Leach takes a wicket.

Was hoping to see the young leggie over Leach but still a very young talented, attacking team

England XI for first Test v Pakistan: Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes (wk), Liam Livingstone, Jack Leach, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson.

Looking like a Friday start instead of tomorrow too due to a virus most of our team has caught

Damn, I was toying with the idea of getting up at 5am to watch, but rumours of the game starting tomorrow because of illness in the England camp made me change my mind. I know what's going to happen in second session now I'm watching.

Back