• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Nice win today, Morgan came up trumps, fair play to him.

What was nice though was winning after the Indian commentator on sky had said that they(India) should win with about one over to go when there were still 10 overs to go and they needed 9 an over at the time. The Indians are soo arrogant when it comes to cricket, just reading the feedback on cric info during an India game makes your blood boil!!

I genuinely think we should give up playing ODI's, we are worse than pathetic

We are quite dour/negative when it comes to most sports. Even Glenn Hoddle, people focused on what he couldn't/wouldn't do rather than his unbelievable skills. We tend to go for efficiency e.g. Alaistair Cook, James Milner.

Windies always in turmoil

"BCCI shocked and surprised at WICB's decision to cancel the ongoing tour of India

"The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has informed the BCCI of its decision to cancel the rest of its ongoing tour to India because of a dispute with its players, and has advised the BCCI that its players will return home immediately.

"The BCCI is shocked and extremely disappointed at the decision taken by the WICB. The WICB's inability to resolve internal issues with its players and allowing the same to affect an ongoing bilateral series does not reflect well on any of those involved. The withdrawal gives little thought to the future of the game, the players and the long standing relations between the BCCI and the WICB."

India batsman Rohit Sharma has become the first man to hit 250 in a one-day international.

His 264 in the fourth ODI against Sri Lanka beat the previous record of 219 made by fellow Indian Virender Sehwag against West Indies in 2011.

In taking his side to 404-4, Rohit, 27, also became only the second player to hit two double centuries in ODIs.

The right-handed opener's 173-ball knock included 32 fours and nine sixes as India won by 153 runs in Kolkata.

He was caught at long-off from the final ball of the innings, looking for the boundary that would have levelled the List A record of 268, set by Ali Brown of Surrey against Glamorgan in 2002.

"I'm not really tired. I was ready to bat another 50 overs," said Rohit. "Once I got to 50, I knew I had to convert because it was a good batting wicket.

"We wanted to get a big score and that made me stay there as long as possible.

"Kolkata is a very special ground to me - I made my first-class debut and Test debut here. I also got an IPL hundred here, so it's very special."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/89583

Good to see Steven Finn back playing for England, is a very talented young bowler, hopefully he is over his little blip and can help us get the Ashes back next summer

Shocking stuff. They were apparently performing CPR at the side of the field. He's currently undergoing surgery.

Fingers crossed all okay.

In intensive care at the moment, after surgery. Ball struck him in the fleshy part of the neck apparantly. Match has been abandoned. How horrible for everyone involved. Feel for the bowler too.

Ashes 5th Test @ The Oval purchased today

Brought 1st, 4th & 5th days, going 2nd and 3rd days corporate too

Buzzing already, £75 for all except day 5 which was £25, £13 dearer than same seats in 2013

Last edited:
Holy ****

Statement on Phillip Hughes from Australian Team Doctor Peter Brukner
November 27, 2014

It is my sad duty to inform you that a short time ago Phillip Hughes passed away.
He never regained consciousness following his injury on Tuesday.

He was not in pain before he passed and was surrounded by his family and close friends.

As a cricket community we mourn his loss and extend our deepest sympathies to Phillip’s family and friends at this incredibly sad time.

Cricket Australia kindly asks that the privacy of the Hughes family, players and staff be respected.

Back