• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

At least you're honest about it.

So how will you prepare your decks seeing as you have no spinner and our quicks demolished you in oz?

Last summer was a perfect storm for Australia with us losing Trott and Swann. Haddin and Johnson hit the best form of their lives while the England boys hit the worst of theirs. England were almost as bad in England the summer before but Bell almost single handedly carried us through.

Last summer was a perfect storm for Australia with us losing Trott and Swann. Haddin and Johnson hit the best form of their lives while the England boys hit the worst of theirs. England were almost as bad in England the summer before but Bell almost single handedly carried us through.

So many Aussies getting very old too, next summer will not be a 5-0 again thats for sure

This eng one day side; stokes, woakes and Jordan, all much of a muchness to me. Stokes is in the worst form so drop him and play Ravi at 3 or 4.

Still no idea why he got dropped, I'd even drop Morgan as well and bring in balance at 3 then put Ravi in Morgans batting position.

Nice ton from Raina, shame we couldn't do it in the tests. Utterly dominant in one dayers though, all that IPL finally paying off.

It's **** team selection, so many players are out of form and still picked, we've got 3 all rounders playing and I'd say only woakes is anything like the standard required and even that's debateable. There must be some decent out and out bowlers out there?

James Taylor not getting a look in, Ravi bopara mysteriously dropped in great form for county and country, Gary balance not selected despite being our current best bat. Morgan undroppable, Jordan and stokes playing.

Just so many things wrong, but I think we do have the players available to be competitive.

Would be interested to know what bowlers we think should be in this side? I don't know many other than the promising Essex boys who seem to be almost permanently injured.

Bresnan recalled for the T20 squad, seriously what is the point of that, pleased Roy of Surrey is in though

England T20 squad: Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, capt), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Ravi Bopara (Essex), Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Steven Finn (Middlesex), Harry Gurney (Nottinghamshire), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), James Taylor (Nottinghamshire), James Tredwell (Kent), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

Of to the one day match at Edgbaston tomorrow, the great thing about cricket is that it has very little to do with the enjoyment of the day meeting 4 old school friends for a big long drink and a catch up, cant wait.

Of to the one day match at Edgbaston tomorrow, the great thing about cricket is that it has very little to do with the enjoyment of the day meeting 4 old school friends for a big long drink and a catch up, cant wait.

Take your ear plugs for all those ****ing annoying screaming Indian fans

I'm liking this side a lot more than the others we have played in this series, Moeen Ali moving up the order and Tredwell back in

Stokes though? What's the point, in terrible form and not that good anyway! What's James Taylor got to do to get in to the side?

Cook
Hales
Balance / Taylor
Ali
Bell / Taylor
Root
Buttler
Ravi
Woakes
Broad (when fit)
Anderson (would ideally rest him for the tests but our bowling line up is so average!)

Would happily change Anderson and broad if there were any options out there? Would like Reece Topley to have a season without injuries, then I don't think he'd be too far away at all.

Bogged down by the spinners again, just look completely unable to score. 3 per over isn't going to get it done.

Morgan really was horrible in that innings, swinging and missing over and over at the spinners. He's averaging 22 in his last 12 innings, top score of 40.

Back