• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

It's digital crack that game - stay away!

Yeah, I feel guilty cos I've got this new tablet that can probably do a whole bunch of amazing things yet I'm addicted to a game which is basically Champ Manager for idiots lol..

Gonna have a proper google tonight and try and figure out some more geekier stuff to use the Nexus for!

You should download 'Pocket'

Great app. Whenever you find an article you don't have time to read, or want to read later you can send it to 'Pocket' and it will be ready for you when you get round to it.

It works with google currents too. As well as on the PC, I can send articles to pocket from my browser and it will shop up on my phone shortly after.

Also, you need to get Evernote.

Wondering about security on a tablet. I've registered my phone's IMEI number on immobilise.com but as a tablet doesn't have an IMEI number I'm wondering if there's any alternatives.

Basically if some little brick does steal it I'd like it to become worthless and easily recognisable as stolen to anyone who catches him with it.

[edit]Just went through some menus and found a serial number. Hopefully that's unique and not changable[/edit]

Last edited:
Asus-padfone-dock.jpg

Dockable tablet and keyboard from Asus with smart phone. The Padfone.

The Matryoshka. A complete set of nested tablets and phones of different sizes.

Considering getting the Nexus 7 after being very impressed with my cousin's, but does anyone know if it has TV out?

I don't think it does, sadly. Cost cutting measure as mhl chips cost a fair bit. Think that's why amazon went for the TI chip over tegra, as it supports hdmi out natively.

Guess that's why Google designed the nexus Q but a shame anyway.

They look decent

Also Blackberry Playbook 64gig is still £129 at Currys, gets a free upgrade to BB 10 next year too, makes it pretty decent value for a SSD tablet

As a Note owner I couldnt help but check out the Note 10.1. Its got alot of great reviews and for what I would want a tablet for its perfect!! It has a Photoshop app thats been addapted especially for the Note 10.1 and the S Pen so for designers or keen photoshoppers this tablets already ticking boxes.
Ive always wanted a Graphics Tablet but the draw on screen ones are a good 1k to 1.5k in price. This tablet can pretty much do what they do for 390 and has even been said to have Wacom like pressure sensing on the S Pen!
I love drawing and currently use Sketchbook Pro on my Note, but on this it would be brilliant. Not to mention Photoshop too. If I was to get a tab it would be this one

Auto desk sketchbook is 25p today as part of googles 25bn downloads = 25p apps celebration, good value.

Probably a stupid question but i'm still getting used to my Nexus.. What's the best way to read books and comics on it? Should I be downloading the Kindle app or any other specific apps? I don't really plan on paying for many books as I already have quite a few saved on my desktop and also plenty of Walking Dead ready to get through.

Not sure if it is on Android, but you can look at something like Stanza which has all of the commons lisence and public realm books listed easily. Basically all your old classics as well as self publicists and some forward thinking writers like Cory Doctorow all available for free and easy to search. Then just use Kindle for stuff you want to buy.

Back