• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

livermore is much better than luongo

Interesting to see how opinions can vary so widely :)

I have no idea which side is right. I'm normally inclined to trust that the club is making good decisions with a lot more information available to them than even the best informed fan. I will for that this time too :)

in what sense?

tackling, passing, strength and fitness. considering they play in the same position jake is just a better player. i wont bring up the fact that jake has england involvement or that hes playing currently playing 2 leagues above luongo.

i think livermore is trash btw

I don't think we knew much about his contract situation or what he wanted himself.

If he didn't want to sign a contract extension and felt that he was settling well at Swindon for example it might have been the best option even if he's as talented at some think.

Without more details it's impossible to compare this situation with Dawkins, Falque and Livermore for example. For Falque and Livermore at least I think their loan moves make a lot of sense.

My comparison with Falque, Livermore and Dawkins was more the basis that in my view Luongo has a much better chance of making it at a higher level than the other three

Going by Levy previous transfer dealings i can assume that Luongo deal will include a buyback clause/first refusal clause in there.

Feels like 3 year loan than full permanent deal, i am sure we'll watch his progress through the leagues and if he excels we'll look to bring him back. I can see the same deal happening with Ryan Mason and lesser extent Pritchard.

Mason looks like he has baulked up at last, liked his goals just seen them on the bbc. Hope he can put his injuries behind him and finally get to the level we all thought he could.

Kasim played very well for them swindon today, weird how football goes when he could not get a game at Brighton last season, my mate the brighton season ticket holder watched him in some reserve matches and did not rate him.

Massimo Luongo

Joined Swansea for £400k according to the Guardian transfer blog.

Re: Massimo Luongo

Yea this happened a couple of days ago I think. Guess he was never going to really get a look in here. Good luck to the guy, looked a decent player

U21s v Norwich City at White Hart Lane tonight (KO 19:00)

Lewis Holtby is back in action as our Under-21s face Norwich City in the Barclays U21 Premier League at White Hart Lane tonight.

The midfielder turned on the style as the team turned around a 2-0 deficit to beat West Ham 3-2 at Upton Park last time out on August 23.

Lewis scored a belter from 30 yards that night and followed with another sweet strike for his first goal in first team colours against Dinamo Tbilisi on Thursday.

The lads have picked up where they left off last season – so far it’s three wins out of three, with 13 goals scored in a total of 20!

Chris Ramsey, our Senior Professional Phase Coach, is looking forward to playing on the main stage again – and expects a test against a club whose youth team won the FA Youth Cup last season.

“It will be great for the lads to play in front of the fans who supported us so well last season,” he said.

“Norwich had a very successful youth campaign last season and won the FA Youth Cup against Chelsea. That shows they could be provide a tough test tonight.

“For us, it’s all about the level of performance, to make sure we’ve learned from the first half last week and try to take it forward again.”

Squad:

Miles, Vigouroux, A McQueen, Lancaster, D McQueen, Ball, Gallifuoco, Ward, Stewart, Dombaxe, Holtby, Veljkovic, Bentaleb, Lameiras, Coulthirst, Dawkins.

Spurs U21: Vigouroux, A McQueen, Ward, Veljkovic, Ball, Stewart, Dombaxe, Bentaleb, Coulthirst, Holtby, Dawkins

Subs tonight: Miles, Gallifuoco, Lameiras, D McQueen.

Norwich U21 team to face Spurs: Matthews; Norman, McNeil, Gafaiti, Barker; Hodd, McGeehan; Jacob Murphy, Eaton-Collins, Hall-Johnson; Loza

Late change in the line-up for Spurs U21s against Norwich: in goal tonight is Jonathan Miles. Spurs kick-off here at the Lane.

BTLgDTdIAAAZP-i.jpg

Second-half kicking of at WHL now: Spurs U21 0-1 Norwich U21

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 8m

85 - GOAL Holtby! Spurs U21 1-2 Norwich U21. Played in to Lewis inside the box and he slotted home. Good pressure from Spurs now.

Back