• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

Well done Murray did your country/group of countries proud, Federer is (even though this term is overused almost to the point of it having no meaning) amazing.

Fed express looked effortless. He lost the first set fine but Murray worked so so hard for that first set that Fed knew he was gonna get back into it easily.

Murray did miss out on some very good opportunities though

If that speech from Murray can't change people's minds about him then nothing will! Except winning of course, people love winners no matter what or no matter how big a prick they are see Tiger Woods, Mike Tyson etc.

He had chances but I thought Fed won it rather than Murray losing it. Superb tennis at the end. Murray needed his 1st serve today and it wasn't quite there

He's going to win one, I have no doubt. The end of the second set broke him today, and he was always going to struggle more under the roof. Federer's class really shone through in the end.

And man did I blub at Andy's interview, the git.

AxTDfNoCAAI6Kfs.jpg

:ross:

Leeds, do you think Murray will win a slam? I think he is getting closer.

Yes. Simply. He's lost 3 out if 4 to Fed and he's 31 next time round. He can beat Nadal on hard courts. And Djokovic has had his purple patch. He probably has 20 more attempts at slams in his peak. He's definitely the best player never to win one that's for sure. And a much better player than people who have such as Korda, Johansson, Muster and Del Potro.

Just read that Federer's win at #wimbledon will net Oxfam £101,840! Man who died in 2009 bet £1520 at 66-1 in 2003 that RF would win 7 times

Go Roger, you fudging beauty!!! Murray played very well today throughout, particularly in the first two sets. Hats off to him. But once again Federer showed why he is the king. I'm so pleased for him, it must be nice to silence all the doubters, what a fudging legend!

Just seen Murray's interview, he has done himself a lot of good for the future by showing some humility, good lad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18763335

Like I said earlier in the thread, really don't get the hatred for him. He conducts himself well off court, never gets into any trouble, in fact, you rarely see or hear anything about him in the press and he seems to be relatively well liked within the Tennis world and sport in general.

Perhaps people will get off his back now. He gave it his all, he just ran into a living legend who was too good!

I dont think people hate him... and if people do then more fool them.

I just think people dont think he is English and therefore support Federer. I understand that point of view.

Supporting a foreigner over a Brit. I can never understand

So let me ask you - Chelsea v Barca or whatever - we tend to always want a foreign team to win right?

I know I know football is different as some of them teams like Arse and Chelscum are full of ****s but a Brit is a Brit and a British team is a British team

Supporting a foreigner over a Brit. I can never understand

I think it's only because of the English v Scottish rivalry (which I think is a bit silly anyway) but I suppose it's no different to us not wanting Arsenal or Chelsea to do well in the Champions League. I wanted Murray to win.

Back