• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Articles like that can be countered by what he was showing on the pitch
I saw him boss games for Lyon against better sides … that’s the ability question ticked

He also had to come back form being dumped as a youth player. That’s testament to a mind set

It’s impossible for anyone to know things about mind set and dare I say when you question a player and they don’t speak the same language it’s possible things don’t land as they might.

I’ve seen articles also talking about Demebele of a simailr ilk. It’s speculation that can be flipped both ways

The comparison with Dembele is interesting. He'd struggled a lot under AVB and Timmeh, didn't really have a best position, and was a bit of a lost end. Poch them took him out of the team (for Mason and Bentaleb), and used him sparingly as a RAM sub. But then him mentally, and the coaching he was receiving, finally really clicked, and he went on to have 3 or 4 absolutely imperious years.

It kind of makes you think what might of happened if Ndombele had kept the manager who bought him. If he had a pat on the back rather than a succession of kick up the arse coaches. If Poch would have been a Venables/Walter Smith to his Gascoigne. Sliding doors.

He looked depressed from the minute he walked through the door looking back, at the time i tried to look past it but you look at those early interviews and the way he carried himself knowing how his time here played out and it seems quite obvious

Real strange one. Won’t be sad to see him go but I’m not going to speak ill of him on his way out. Just feels like there’s a lot more to his story than we know.

The comparison with Dembele is interesting. He'd struggled a lot under AVB and Timmeh, didn't really have a best position, and was a bit of a lost end. Poch them took him out of the team (for Mason and Bentaleb), and used him sparingly as a RAM sub. But then him mentally, and the coaching he was receiving, finally really clicked, and he went on to have 3 or 4 absolutely imperious years.

It kind of makes you think what might of happened if Ndombele had kept the manager who bought him. If he had a pat on the back rather than a succession of kick up the arse coaches. If Poch would have been a Venables/Walter Smith to his Gascoigne. Sliding doors.

Good GHod, gaza under Smith was a clapped out rolls Royce playing in a league for minis, in Europe, his proper level, he was a disaster because Smith gave him no boundaries.

It was exactly the type of signing Levy is criticised for never making.
I've never criticised Levy for this signing and never will. Like @Bedfordspurs has said it hasn't worked but not due to a lack of talent. He's exactly the type of player we should have gone for, that it didn't work was unforeseeable. So I think it would be really unfair to criticise the board for him not working out.

One of the most technically gifted players ever.

One of the mentally weakest would appear. Could be another who is a victim of the era. As an old skool #10 with no defensive responsibility he'd be lethal.
Way over the top imo, we big up players so much on here when they do something special but this is ridiculous. He is no where near one of the most technically gifted players ever, he is technically gifted don’t get me wrong but i bet if you tried, you could find hundreds of players with highlights doing things he done. Vastly overrated and isn’t fit to lace Moussa’s boots, he will always be looked at as a Temu version of Dembele.

Not sure how you can know that for a fact

We don’t know what is going on between someone’s ears and IMO it’s dangerous to assume things like that

But what we do know is his application on the pitch wasn’t good enough for a player earning that much money.

The money is irrelevant, I expect commitment from all our players even if they've only getting a cup of tea and a bun. We have 60,000 people at every home game who would pay to play and run through a brick wall for the privilege. The scout team must take the blame if they recommend him.

The money is irrelevant, I expect commitment from all our players even if they've only getting a cup of tea and a bun. We have 60,000 people at every home game who would pay to play and run through a brick wall for the privilege. The scout team must take the blame if they recommend him.
Im not defending him
He should have tried more IMO irrelevant of the money. That’s how you earn it

He looked depressed from the minute he walked through the door looking back, at the time i tried to look past it but you look at those early interviews and the way he carried himself knowing how his time here played out and it seems quite obvious
I think that came across in the Amazon documentary

wasn't he like 2.5m?

and Ndomble about 60m?
20 years apart, and Gilberto looked like someone who had never played football!
Apart from that scam bloke Souness signed, Gilberto is probably one of the worst player ever to play in the premier league.

Good for both parties. Lord knows I hope we don’t play against him at his best in the next few years.

20 years apart, and Gilberto looked like someone who had never played football!
Apart from that scam bloke Souness signed, Gilberto is probably one of the worst player ever to play in the premier league.

it was actually only 10 years apart

Gilberto got a lot more international caps than Tanguy too

the Brazilian was brick for us granted, but was basically free and quickly moved on, Tanguy has been eating 200k a week for 5 years

Back