• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Ok, let me put it this way

Pav and Saha offered more than Kane, imv - therefore our strikeforce on paper was stronger last year

If Kane has effectively become the 3rd striker those 2 were, and he's not as 'good' as them - we are effectively weaker.

Or in other words - our 3rd striker is 'weaker' than last year. I'm really not sure how else to explain that

As for the Caulker comment - that is my take on him, by contrary - how do you know he is going to feature? The signs have been underwhelming so far - hence the Gallas comments.

I don't know. I'm not judging his ability i'm comparing his age and pace to last years crop of Cb's and nothing else.

I have tried to explain this in the previous 4 posts

Assuming Vertonghen replaces King - Dawson and especially Gallas (who appears to be ahead of the former!) is 35, slower, older and in general - on his final lap, imv. I don't personally think Caulker will feature hence the exclusion from our CBs comparison.

ok so saying our cb's are slower and older than last seasons was a massive exaggeration and what you meant to say is that Gallas has aged since last season and he might have lost some pace. I get it now.

Why so negative? Hugo is a dead set cert. We'll get one of Remy, Llorente or A.N. Other. Moutinho. Will.I.An. Kaka. Happy days.

Serious ITK for you guys...

We will either be delighted, content or sad come 11pm tonight...

Can A.N. Other play as the false quarter-back behind the hidden 4 in AVB's reverse transition wing-back inverted diamond deployment?

Beyond that - as much as Corluka was what he was - we have no natural cover for BAE and Walker (assuming Rose leaves). Can Caulker cover at RB btw?

Yes we have... Kyle Naughton is a natural at both LB and RB (primary). For left back we also have natural back up in Vertonghen and Bale, if necessary. For secondary cover we all know that both Kaboul (too bad he's injured now, though) and Gallas can play RB.

:ross:

Can we guess who?

Wriggly and Arcy must be two prime candidates..

100% Arcy, ive not seen the forum for 90 mins and all I can see about 500 posts from him already, top meltdown ahead haha

AM glad im in a meeting all morning...

I was trying to think last night what cheapish prem quality striker can we get in. doesnt have to be a multi million pound by but just someone for the bench who can get a goal. the only person i could think of is owen. why the hell not even if it is only for a year. he has got more chance than scoring than harry kane, and thats even when injured

Yes we have... Kyle Naughton is a natural at both LB and RB (primary). For left back we also have natural back up in Vertonghen and Bale, if necessary. For secondary cover we all know that both Kaboul (too bad he's injured now, though) and Gallas can play RB.

It's like Arcspace is conveniently forgetting the good things we have.

I thought Naughton is to be loaned out?

Vertonghen is not a natural LB, btw

I was trying to think last night what cheapish prem quality striker can we get in. doesnt have to be a multi million pound by but just someone for the bench who can get a goal. the only person i could think of is owen. why the hell not even if it is only for a year. he has got more chance than scoring than harry kane, and thats even when injured

It's the injury record, mate - not the goal scoring return which would be a problem

It's like Arcspace is conveniently forgetting the good things we have.

Hehe, exactly! We also have some youngsters in absolutely worst case scenario... Adam Smith did feature once in the PL last season, as a RB. ;)

Adam having a medical at Stoke according to SSN

Does that mean Hudd's move is dead?

Back