• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forest fans' initial delight at a takeover could be waning soon. Two days in and they've sacked the manager, cancelled US pre-season tour and signed some completely unknown Middle Eastern player.

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen
BREAKING: Rennes manager Frederic Antonetti has said that. Arsenal have pulled out of thhe M'villa deal after all terms were agreed

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/160027.html#

Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed his admiration for Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric.
Reports in France have suggested that PSG have agreed to meet Tottenham's asking price for the Croatia midfielder, but Ancelotti was loath to reveal any details of the matter.

Am sure they are interested but cant believe that little luka would be interested in going to Paris. despite what some say about him, I do genuinely think that his rationale for moving is to step up rather than to simply get paid more...and I cant believe that PSG are a step up (yet) even though they're in the CL. They're still in a tin pot league

Who: ari gold
Where: SO
When: 12/07/12

ari gold said:
we've had a very, very big bid for Modric in the past 24 hours from Madrid. This should move quickly now. Bye bye Luka

breach of contract? or simply failed medical?

there was a rumour that WEnger wasnt impressed by M'villa's role in the dressing room bust up after one of the Euro games....he is apparently a bit of a nutter, can flip Barton style

Who: ari gold
Where: SO
When: 12/07/12

ari gold said:
we've had a very, very big bid for Modric in the past 24 hours from Madrid. This should move quickly now. Bye bye Luka

he read this mornings papers then...well done Ari

If PSG buy Zlatan and Silva, plus they already bought Lavezzi. Then I can see that Luka may be interested in a transfer, really good team on paper.

If PSG buy Zlatan and Silva, plus they already bought Lavezzi. Then I can see that Luka may be interested in a transfer, really good team on paper.

But playing in the french league? Appreciate that they're in the CL as well but Ligue 1 really is dross

there was a rumour that WEnger wasnt impressed by M'villa's role in the dressing room bust up after one of the Euro games....he is apparently a bit of a nutter, can flip Barton style

pity it got picked up. last time it was nazri and gallas, and it was pure amusement. i believe ade was caught up in some on pitch altercations too - wasn't it with gallas?

I just cant see players will be interested in staying there long term. The League doesnt exactly keep the interest going for long term

Isn't Hollande bringing in VERY high taxes on mega-earners? Sure pSG will find someway around it but that might hurt recruitment as well.

Isn't Hollande bringing in VERY high taxes on mega-earners? Sure pSG will find someway around it but that might hurt recruitment as well.

Yep he is - 75% on anyone earnings over €1m. Will really drive France into the ground and make it even more uncompetitive than it already is.

Money isnt really an object for PSG though so they'd just pay more in order that the post-tax salary is what it would have been using a more sensible tax rate

Back