• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be shocked if AVB wants to play with a false number 9, and have VDV as the lone forward. However I did put this to someone who has followed his career very closely and he said that AVB is too proud and stubborn to try and copy someone else's system and is determined to prove that his style and system is the way forward, so that would contradict that theory.

Imagine your reaction if somebody said that about Harry..

Can anyone actually tell me why we bought Khumalo in the first place?

To get some press in South Africa. To get a bofana bofana player in a Spurs shirt in the news. To get into the market.
Apart from that, it is quite common for big clubs to buy players that will never be good enough for the team cheap and resell after 2-3-4 seasons of loans across Europe. A million here, a million there in profit I suppose.

Obviously not the greatest of players, I don't even know if it was/is worth it, but I would say that is the reason.

He says something about Keith.. Could he have got his info from Keith Mills, a Non-Executive Director of the club?

'according to keith he's staying put'
'Keith?'
'Well does Keith have a---'
'Keith has fingers in pies'
'So you think Modric is wha?'
'Apparently Modric is staying, Van der Vaart's staying, Adebayour's com---'

Allegedly

Fantastic if Modric stays, but what on earth is that recording? How could they possibly fudge up just those few seconds as that guy was saying that? I don't believe it, PR-stunt or something, it's just bs. Who is that guy speaking anyway? Haha, so fudging ridiculous, seems like an obvious wind up from SSN. The URL linking to the clip is fishy as hell too. Did anyone catch this live? Could just as easily be some recording from last year dubbed over the video from today, or someone recording it in their living room or whatever. I simply refuse to believe that this is valid and has any value - sorry for the negativity. :p

Last edited:
What is everyone's opinion on this then? I want to believe it there's just something in my head that doubts it but, then again it seems an awful lot of trouble for someone to have to go to the troll us :-k

Back