• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm ok for him to be our manager from January onwards. Perhaps we can become the first club with alternating managers throughout the season.

This, don't want Moyes anywhere near Tottenham.

- Everton truely are brick to watch
- They get spanked everytime by their rivals (Pool)
- They bottle it big time anytime they have a snif of something more (Cup, CL qualifying round, etc.)

Point one I can get on board with. Our record is hardly any better with Arsenal is it? I wouldn't say they bottled their CL qualifier, they played a better team and had done well to get there in the first place! Moyes has them punching above their weight, losing to better teams doesn't make them bottlers at all.....

We do well against Liverpool.
Moyes does well against Arsenal.
Moyes does well against Man Utd.
Moyes does well against Chelsea.

WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Oh man GG is something today :ross::ross:

What do you have to back up your thoughts buddy?

Cleverly will not reach the height of Gibson in my opinion. He's done jack all.

Livermore actually did a fair bit for us this season and imo was underused, therefore could have done more.

fudge off with your rolling around laughing smileys and actually back up your opinion.

Still don't see why we're not trying to bring Berbatov back!?

Seriously. Prove. He can lead the line, score goals and hold up the ball on his on, doing it all in style.

Bring him back!

Haha you really don't want him do you. Whilst not my first choice I honestly believe we would still play good football under him despite the more mechanical style that he plays for Everton.....

Seriously - WHY?

In TEN YEARS with Everton he hasnt managed to form a "pretty" team, always "functional" (as well as seriously dirty. I hate playing Everton, one of our players always gets a knock).

How can anyone have the belief he will suddenly turn on the Champagne style? He has had a quality academy and enough time to build any sort of side he wants (and look at Swansea, sexy can be done on a shoe string - Moyes has no excuse) and not once has he taken Everton down a footballing route.

Even when he picked up Arteta, he didnt take that opportunity to really build some flowing stuff.

There is no evidence whatsoever (IMO, of course) to suggest if we hired him he would even WANT to have us playing good stuff let alone be able to.

Aside from that I dont trust him in the market. He does good business to get decent players on a shoe string, absolutely no doubt - but he doesnt spend big money well at all. Again, no evidence to suggest if Levy gave him ?ú40m he would come back with the next Modric and Berba. More likely a unit like Feilani and thats it.

A good mate of mine here is an Everton season ticket holder. He says Moyes has the bit between his teeth at Everton and is loving it again, hopefully its true. He has also said the faithful refer to him as "Dithering Dave" because of his lack of strong decision making.

I think, in all honesty, Moyes would be an outright disaster with us. Graham MKII. And, despite having a lot going for him (which indeed he does) I would prefer a total punt on the likes of AVB before even considering Moyes

Point one I can get on board with. Our record is hardly any better with Arsenal is it? I wouldn't say they bottled their CL qualifier, they played a better team and had done well to get there in the first place! Moyes has them punching above their weight, losing to better teams doesn't make them bottlers at all.....

They regularly bottle big games.

One of the big features of Harry with Spurs is the ability to go to the Emirates, Anfield and the like and get results.

Moyes Everton regularly roll over to have their tummy tickled against pool - as well as in big cup games

Harry hardly had Portsmouth playing world class football either did he? You can only work with what you have got at the end of the day (waiting for Brendan Rodgers and Swansea to be brought up now, yawn).

You get presented with the likes of Bale, Modric, Lennon, van der Vaart etc. and you have to play for their strengths and it's only a good thing. We know Levy will most likely go for Premier League proven and I can't think of anyone better and more gettable than Moyes if that is the case.

Hearing that Seydou Doumbia and Jan Vertonghen deals are done. And will be revealed on July 1st. #THFC #rumour -- Transferfootball (@TransfersCentre)

That would be a superb bit of business for me. Follow it up with the signings of Hoilett and Redmond to balance the cover for the wings as well as another forward a little later in the summer and it would be a great window.

That would be a superb bit of business for me. Follow it up with the signings of Hoilett and Redmond to balance the cover for the wings as well as another forward a little later in the summer and it would be a great window.

Hoilett has signed for Gladbach..

Quality player, a poor man's yaya toure at present, which is in no way a bad thing. Used to think he was a bit of a flop at Everton but last season changed my thoughts completely.

I used to think he was a flop. Still do. Unless "Big lump who runs around like a headless chicken" is the criteria you are looking for, in which case he is world class ;)

Harry hardly had Portsmouth playing world class football either did he? You can only work with what you have got at the end of the day (waiting for Brendan Rodgers and Swansea to be brought up now, yawn).

You get presented with the likes of Bale, Modric, Lennon, van der Vaart etc. and you have to play for their strengths and it's only a good thing. We know Levy will most likely go for Premier League proven and I can't think of anyone better and more gettable than Moyes if that is the case.

The Rodgers/Martinez point may be *yawn* but it is perfectly valid. It illustrates that footballing principles need not be compromised due to finances.

And while Harry may not have had Pompey playing amazing stuff the signs were there. His teams were always balanced, played with width and attacked wanting to score throughout games.

He didnt have the tools, but he still had a go. When Harry came in I had no fear of us not playing good football.

Wouldn't think Moyes would be good for us at all. Very good manager, but not for us. So often it is about getting the right man for the club, I'd say that's the most important thing. And while any manager would be a risk, I'd rather take that risk on someone like AVB who's philosophy would fit in with us, rather than someone like Moyes, who would be on the back foot from day one.

He'd be a great Chelsea manager. Or would have been if he took over from Jose, but it seems like now Roman wants the pretty football.

They regularly bottle big games.

One of the big features of Harry with Spurs is the ability to go to the Emirates, Anfield and the like and get results.

Moyes Everton regularly roll over to have their tummy tickled against pool - as well as in big cup games

There is little difference between them really, save Harry's sides are more attractive and when he wants to do his job to his full potential, he is a great man-manager...if you could get Harry Redknapp to somehow dissolve his outside distractions/interest/instinct to always look for more pies to shove his fingers into, in essence, if you could get him to focus, we'd have been 3rd, blah blah blah...but it will never happen. Thus why I personally don't trust him anymore.

Back