• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure I read somewhere that Moutinho had a buyout clause some way north of our offer that expired on August 30th, hence the late move on our part.

Heard mixed reports whether it's true or not, but Drogba has been released on a free. Give him a big signing on fee and get him in!

Heard mixed reports whether it's true or not, but Drogba has been released on a free. Give him a big signing on fee and get him in!

We still can't sign out of contract players till January.

I also don't think he and AVB particularly get on, and we'd never afford his wages (which is clearly what he is motivated by at this point in his career). Think he'll go to Qatar/UAE/USA.

Gomes & Cudicini to Championship on Loan

Spurs to offload Cudicini and Gomes to Championship after Lloris arrival

Tottenham will send goalkeepers Carlo Cudicini and Heurelho Gomes to the Championship after the arrival of Hugo Lloris.

The pair are well behind the French star and Brad Friedel in the pecking order and will be allowed to leave on loan with a view to permanent moves in the January transfer window, according to The Mirror.

Friedel shone in Spurs' 2-2 draw with Norwich on Saturday as he bids to keep the No 1 spot from Lloris.

And Andre Villas-Boas has warned the 25-year-old that he will have to battle hard to dislodge Friedel.

'When you transfer it’s not written in the contract that you have to play,' he said.

'He has to compete against three good goalkeepers and at the moment Brad is doing extremely well. He deserves to be playing and he’ll continue to do so.'

One of Norwich’s top performers on Saturday, Sebastien Bassong, was full of praise for his former team-mate.

'Uncle Brad was magic, I’ve never doubted his quality. He is one of the best in the Premier League,' Bassong said.

'He’s a terrific player and there’s going to be a tough competition between him and Hugo.

'They finished fourth last year and (Friedel) played a big part in that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197434/Tottenham-send-Carlo-Cudicini-Heurelho-Gomes-Championship.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Gomes & Cudicini to Championship on Loan

I'd be suprised if Cudicini is not just released from his contract, what's the point of loaning him?

Gomes may want to get a loan abroad before all transfer windows close however being injured is not helping him.

I'd be suprised if Cudicini is not just released from his contract, what's the point of loaning him?

Gomes may want to get a loan abroad before all transfer windows close however being injured is not helping him.

Loaning Cudicini (& Gomes) out would mean than another club is paying their wages and Spurs also get a fee for their services.

If Spurs simply released Cudicini from his contract, we would still have to pay the remainder of his salary.

I'm surprised

- Gomes didn't go out to Russia/Ukraine at least
- Cudicini is still on our pay-roll

That must have been a different game to the one i attended. The one i saw ended 1-1

Daily FAIL

I also don't think he and AVB particularly get on, and we'd never afford his wages (which is clearly what he is motivated by at this point in his career). Think he'll go to Qatar/UAE/USA.

I didn't know that. Why is there all this talk about owen joining Liverpool until Jan then?

Not true. Free agents can be signed whenever

To be fair mate, you'd have expected the due diligence to have been scouted ages ago, you'd have expected us to know a third party would be involved, you'd have expected us to know how Joorchabian works and you've expected Daniel to have got it done earlier knowing it could be tough. I have defended him often, and will probably continue to do so in many areas, but on this one it is my humble opinion that he royally fudged it. Letting VdV go for 10 mill sonly a great deal if you have his replacement/a replacement of equal or better quality in the bag. When he was sold I assumed this to be the case. Sadly, I was wrong.

Agree with this. I was worried about the risk when we sold VDV but thought I'd wait and see how it panned out against Norwich. Worst fears were confirmed as we struggled to retain possession. It really is a collossal fudge up not to get in a creative midfielder.

Re: Porto tried to shaft us.

With Dempsey at least, I expect Fulham were inclined to let him go.

They got Petric for free, and added Rodallega. Oh and they added Berbs at the death. So I think they kind of planned for Dempsey to leave.

They had Ruiz bedded in from the year before and that Alkninainindnzndjkkkaz bloke. So they weren't left too short, unlike Liverpoo and ArseAnal

Back