• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Porto tried to shaft us.

We should have signed him up a long time before Aug 31 23:59. We wouldn't be talking about this now.....I blame Levy it's as simple as that

Why do people come back with this, "why didn't we do the deal earlier"? question

Two very simple answers

1. We needed to wait for the Modric deal to finalize to release the funds and/or not end up with Modric & Moutinho

2. Porto themselves was waiting to see if any of the big spenders was going to come shopping (e.g. City/Barca/PSG/etc.)

Sorry i don't believe this

We should have signed him up a long time before Aug 31 23:59. We wouldn't be talking about this now.....I blame Levy it's as simple as that

See previous answer

Why do people come back with this, "why didn't we do the deal earlier"? question

Two very simple answers

1. We needed to wait for the Modric deal to finalize to release the funds and/or not end up with Modric & Moutinho

2. Porto themselves was waiting to see if any of the big spenders was going to come shopping (e.g. City/Barca/PSG/etc.)

it was in Porto's best interest for the deal not to be done earlier in the window.

The later in the window it got the more we would be willing to pay because we got desperate.

Edit: Plus Aug 31st 22:59.

it was in Porto's best interest for the deal not to be done earlier in the window.

The later in the window it got the more we would be willing to pay because we got desperate.

Edit: Plus Aug 31st 22:59.

Not if u live in CET zone ;)

Liverpool were outbid for Clint Dempsey on Friday night, and they see the £6 million (Dh34.8m) United States international as a more dynamic version of Rafael van der Vaart - sold to Hamburg for £4m more.

Villas-Boas is said to regard Moussa Dembele as an ideal replacement for Luka Modric, with the Belgium international possessing a similar ability to create scoring opportunities and drive possession forward.

Okay, these two paragraphs just made me doubt the rest of the article is believable or not.

Levy managed to conclude a last minute deal with fulham for dempsey having already concluded the dembele business with them, suggesting to me he is actually pretty bloody competent and easy to deal with.

Levy managed to conclude a last minute deal with fulham for dempsey having already concluded the dembele business with them, suggesting to me he is actually pretty bloody competent and easy to deal with.

With Dempsey at least, I expect Fulham were inclined to let him go.

You guys really think Levy is gonna go and commit 24m quid for January? You dont know that AVB may still be here - who knows what may happen between now and January. AVB may get fired? who knows

After what's happened in the last few months, it'll take something astounding like a ten game losing streak for AVB to be sacked before January.

Back