• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

It's mental isn't it? I've been so positive this whole window, and even went for lunch with my girlfriedm excited boring her to death about our new goalkeeper and we've got mouthino sorted and hopefully the fight will be spent getting a winger and a striker... 3 hours to go and we haven't got one of them yet... And it's just the familiarity of it all. Transfers windows have been baaaaaaad for us.

I think she posts in random...

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Cant see Jenas going far as he Mrs is pregnant and due any day. It will be a local loan..

Ah right didnt know that. His missus is silly fit as well.

Maybe Fulham. QPR are always after another player.

Didn't gio play in Europe? Kranjcar played. Pienaar. And also, it was not having enough cover (even thou we had more than now) that fudged us over when Lennon got injured.

Make you mind up, fella! You asked for cover for our wingers. Neither Kranjcar nor Pienaar are wingers. At least, no more so than Dembele or Sigurdsson.

It's mental isn't it? I've been so positive this whole window, and even went for lunch with my girlfriedm excited boring her to death about our new goalkeeper and we've got mouthino sorted and hopefully the fight will be spent getting a winger and a striker... 3 hours to go and we haven't got one of them yet... And it's just the familiarity of it all. Transfers windows have been baaaaaaad for us.

Indeed mate indeed...I genuinely, GENUINELY thought that at 45 years old I was done with this sort of brick. Instead Sir, here I am, the saddo stuck on the net being a sad do...BTW, scored a belter in my game yesterday, one-two into the box and decisive arrowed-drive into far corner which flew past the advancing keeper and at speed. Fat gut or not, I should tout myself to Levy and AVB as striker coverage for the last 10 mins. He might be able to afford me (500 quid a match, Spurs shop credit and fish and chips for me plus three friends plus beers after every match)...

Ledley was, sadly, a spent force last season anyway. You might have missed it - we've replaced him with Vertonghen.

Modric - hate to sound like a stuck record but there are still a few hours left. Dembele already signed. Maybe Moutinho too. Pretty good replacement package, I reckon.

VDV - Sigurdsson and Dembele is also a reasonable replacement package.

Absolutely and probably the best we can do, but they're weaker replacements. King was a spent force second half of last season but was amazing the first half. But this is just us breaking even (well not even that tobe honest), what about the wing cover we've needed for years? The left back we've needed? The striker? Last year we had pav and then Saha. This year Harry fudging Kane.

Indeed mate indeed...I genuinely, GENUINELY thought that at 45 years old I was done with this sort of brick. Instead Sir, here I am, the saddo stuck on the net being a sad do...BTW, scored a belter in my game yesterday, one-two into the box and decisive arrowed-drive into far corner which flew past the advancing keeper and at speed. Fat gut or not, I should tout myself to Levy and AVB as striker coverage for the last 10 mins. He might be able to afford me (500 quid a match, Spurs shop credit and fish and chips for me plus three friends plus beers after every match)...

I thought you were female?

Aqkayid posted something short about 'Bentley's gone' about 5 hours ago now but nothing seems to have been reported yet!?? dammit

Remember, players out of contract can still be signed after the deadline passes. *cough* Owen, Heskey *cough*

Didn't gio play in Europe? Kranjcar played. Pienaar. And also, it was not having enough cover (even thou we had more than now) that fudged us over when Lennon got injured.

Oh, and I meant to repeat.........cover for Bale and Lennon might not be as crucial under AVB as it was under Harry. We won't necessarily play with traditional wingers.

Make you mind up, fella! You asked for cover for our wingers. Neither Kranjcar nor Pienaar are wingers. At least, no more so than Dembele or Sigurdsson.

But our squad is still thinner. Dos santos was only used as a winger. Dembele sigg playing there would be like when we moved modric out there. What if we need both of them in the centre, then who do we play? I love your optimism, I just don't see how were not incredibly bare.

Oh, and I meant to repeat.........cover for Bale and Lennon might not be as crucial under AVB as it was under Harry. We won't necessarily play with traditional wingers.

True (and that would help Defoe), but we still need the extra players to cover them. Saying our central midfielders can play there doesn't give us the depth we need, it just means we have some (admittedly great) versatility in the squad.

Still, another player would be good for those positions. Wouldn't mind Dempsey, but just someone who can cover some of those 3 attacking midfield positions to give us a few options.

have we put any bids in for some of the younger wide players out there??

Originally Posted by Rossi22
Last update.

3 deals being worked on. GK, CM and the last one in a CF. There is a possibility of us going in for player 4 if one of 2 and 3 don't come to fruition.
Be advised we are fully aware of the situation if these deals don't come off. This is the risk we have taken. This will either be a spectacular last few minutes tonight or a major problem. Taking that on board you can make your own mind up what we are doing behind the scenes.

COYS.

POTL

Willian or Llorente for number 3, Dempsey is number 4

Why bother speculating, POTL talks brick.

Back