• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

9 hours ahead here in Australia and we still haven't signed anyone! Or have we?

;)

fudge you with your paltry 9 hours. I'm 11 hours ahead. And I'm 3/4's through a botle of Devil's Cut 45% proof.

Recognise, Bitch.

:ross:

I have this image in my head of Dan Levy and a bunch of masked men hijacking the car at a set of red lights with weapons

Not far from what Wenger did with Park last year. The French club he was set to sign for went on a car chase to try and stop him getting a plane to London.

So as we stand at this precise moment, assuming VDV is done, - with all the ins and outs do we have a better or worse squad than last season.

At this moment in time, and I stress the at this moment part, it has to be worse. Vertonghen, Dembele and Sigurdsson have a lot to do to live up to Ling, Modric and RvdV.

King ---------------------------> Vertonghen
Modric -------------------------> Dembele
RvdV ---------------------------> Sigurdsson
Corluka ------------------------> Naughton
Kranjcar------------------------>
Pienaar------------------------->
Bassong------------------------> Caulker
Adebayor (loan) --------------> Adebayor
Pavlyuchenko/Saha ----------> Kane

But one signing can shift the balance. For instance, Moutinho could become the Modric replacement, making it Dembele for RvdV and Sigurdsson for Kranjcar or Pienaar. Now its much closer.

The biggest question must be goal scoring. As it stands we're promoted Kane to replace Pavlyuchenko/Saha and lost a big-time goal-scorer in RvdV. Surely this points to where we need to and hopefully will make a signing.

The Berbatov idea is intriguing, but surely that is Fergie playing games with his kidnapping of Berbatov at Manchester airport and Berbatov's disappearance on route to Florence.

Bentley and Jenas for Kranjcar and Pienaar?

Berbatov would be a sign of regression imo. But we may be getting desperate who knows?

We would have gone from Ade, Defoe, Saha, Pav to Ade, Berbatov, Defoe, Kane as forwards. That's a massive improvement IMO.

A little line from Italy as Napoli complete the signing of defender Bruno Uvini on a five-year contract from Sao Paulo. He had also been linked with moves to AC Milan and Sampdoria.

didn't he train with us?

We would have gone from Ade, Defoe, Saha, Pav to Ade, Berbatov, Defoe, Kane as forwards. That's a massive improvement IMO.

Massive? But I meant not so much in quality terms (though Kane has done absolutely nothing yet) but in terms of returning to a player who had no respect for the club. Regression in that sense. Prefer we moved on from unprofessional well-paid players.

Massive? But I meant not so much in quality terms (though Kane has done absolutely nothing yet) but in terms of returning to a player who had no respect for the club. Regression in that sense. Prefer we moved on from unprofessional well-paid players.

So would I. But I'd prefer an unprofessional Berba to a professional Saha every day of the week.

Carrol will hit double figures for WHam. Bad feeling about that one.

A little line from Italy as Napoli complete the signing of defender Bruno Uvini on a five-year contract from Sao Paulo. He had also been linked with moves to AC Milan and Sampdoria.

didn't he train with us?

Yes, he was in our Academy squads at the back end of last season in preparation for Brazil's Olympic Games squad.

We had an option to buy, which we didn't proceed with.

So would I. But I'd prefer an unprofessional Berba to a professional Saha every day of the week.

I get you. I did say previously in this thread that I would be conflicted by this. I know how good he was but would find it hard nevertheless. But seems unlikely anyway.

Yes, he was in our Academy squads at the back end of last season in preparation for Brazil's Olympic Games squad.

We had an option to buy, which we didn't proceed with.

Napoli are no small-time club, nor are AC or Sampdoria.. makes you wonder why we didn't go ahead and sign him up...

jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ

Am hearing that despite SAF's comments, Dimitar Berbatov will be confirmed as #ffc player. #mufc #thfc

Carrol will hit double figures for WHam. Bad feeling about that one.

Will be interesting to see if him and Nolan can hit it off again...on the pitch I mean

Back