• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

M'Vila? :lol: he isn't THAT dark.

Niang could be a good shout though

Wouldn't say no to that. The guys a beast at breaking play up and he's tidy with the ball as well.

Except we have Sandro, Parker and to a certain extent Livermore for that.

I can't see the pic again, but is this going to be another Doumabia or however you spell it /Ronny Rosenthal episode??

btw i'm thinking it's Niang who's come with his parents/family members.

No doubt we all want the best for Spurs but I seem to be in the minority in thinking that the cheap and personal abuse of Modric has gone too far.

The "little rat" has been our best player for the last four years. Four years is a long time time when the average career span is 10-15 years, particularly when you are undoubtably one of the best players in the world in your position.

Some people don't seem to live in the real world and the hypocrisy is breathtaking at times. 99 out of 100 people that post on here would drop their current employer in a heartbeat if offered the chance to treble their wage and work for the most prestigious company in their field of work.

Klinsmann is hero worshipped by Spurs fans but he fudged off after one year!
I'm just glad to have witnessed such a great player wear the lilywhite shirt and I wish him all the best.

I love Spurs to bits and I spend more time and money on Tottenham than a sane man should do, but perspective is needed. As much as I crave it to be the case, we are not in same league as Real Madrid, and we never have been.

Sorry for the rant. It's not aimed at you personally; more the abusers of Modric generally.

I actually agree with everything you have just said. I don't agree with how he has handled things but at this point I am just mentally fatigued over the whole situation just want it to be done with already.

It's ridiculously hard as the picture is grainy/blurry. But his hair could potentially breathe similarities of Niang's

Im not convinced he'll be in AVB's plans to be honest, I'd give him until this time next season at best before he's sold....

That's Adebayor. Similar hair cut and sort of thing he would wear going with previous pics (like the avb one).

I'm only playing along with the game, it's not Tiote. But in a hypothetical world I'd have him in a Spurs team.

Nah, you can't make it clearly but you can tell thats certainly not Ade

Looks like Niang to me - first thought that looking at the picture without seeing the rest of the thread.

Luka Modric's long-protracted move from Tottenham to Real Madrid is set to be rubber-stamped in the next 48 hours - after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy finally ratified a transfer that has rumbled on all summer.

Madrid officials, who have grown tired of their exhaustive wrangling with Levy, privately suspect he was using rumours of Chelsea's renewed interest in Modric as a tool to raise the selling price of the Croatia playmaker.

Yet Modric is preparing to fly to the Spanish capital to complete his medical and finalise a move that was mistakenly flagged up on the official Real Madrid website in an embarassing error earlier this week.

Bernabeu officials quickly removed the post suggesting Modric was aready part of their first-team squad, but they should be able to re-publish the article in the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, Shakhtar Donetsk star Willian could still end up at Tottenham in the next few days, even after Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas claimed he would not be signing a player.

The Spurs boss claims "he is closed on the attacking situation" after securing the services of Emmanuel Adebayor earlier this week, but sources have confirmed talks are still on-going between Shahktar and the Premier League club.

Willian's £20 million price tag is a sticking point that has yet to be resolved, but Modric's imminent move to La Liga may free up funds for Villas-Boas to embark on a final flourish in this transfer window, with fellow Brazilian hit-man Leandro Damiao also on the club's summer wish list.

Tottenham's chase for a striker has fuelled speculation about the future of Jermain Defoe and, even though Villas-Boas insists he will stay at White Hart Lane, QPR and Aston Villa are among the clubs ready to pounce England striker.

Anyone seen much of Niang, can he lead the line as a lone striker in an AVB formation?

Range Rover height is 1m 78cm

Niang is 1m 84
M'Vila is 1m 82

\o/

Back