• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne
#Spurs still expected to make a bid for #Llorente according to an agent close to the club.

Its not about being nostalgic although I do like daws in particular. Both players have performed consistently well for Spurs. AVB has been at theclub five minutes as I said being single minded is great but it din't work for him at Chelsea and I would rather he gave players a proper chance before getting rid.

Like I said before when have they been consistently good? In both cases 2 years ago or more. That is like saying last season we should have kept Robbie Keane because he was consistently good for us before he went to Liverpool. I like both players but imo neither would be first choice and if we can get a decent return and reinvest in other areas of need it's not horrible business.

I agree mate, but 8m for a relatively injury-prone 28 year-old squad player is too good of a deal for DL to refuse. Plus we have Fryers coming in - supposedly!

Is he injury prone or just one bad injury? I can't remember now. Is Fryers CB cover or right back?

Everyone assumes that Dawson is 5th in the pecking order but I find that surprising considering that Caulker has hardly kicked a ball with the 1st team, nor has Vertoghen or Fryers for that matter. I'm not saying that Dawson is better than Vertoghen or anything like that but there is certainly room for 5 CB's at the club with the 25 man squad (is Caulker even counted in that number?). 2 senior pro's per position + 1 extra CB and 1 extra midfielder depending on the teams preferred system fills the 25 man panel. We're only a couple of injuries away from having no CB cover whatsoever with 4 CB's. And if you think this unlikely look at Utd last night playing Carrick in the back line, or even Spurs last season when a whole bunch of them were out together last season. For me 5 is the minimum number of CBs.

I am aware of Dawson's limitations but he has many strengths too. Anyway we would be hard pushed to pick up a CB of Dawson's quality for 8 mil. He loves the club. The fans like him. Mistake to sell in my opinion.

@hunners85: “@TransferNewsCen: Tottenham are locked in talks with Internacional regarding a £22mil move for Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao. @nad_THFC

@hunners85: “@TransferNewsCen: Tottenham are locked in talks with Internacional regarding a £22mil move for Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao. @nad_THFC

So, we have those saying we're in for Llorente, some saying the Ade deal is done (again) and there's been renewed talk amongst the ITKs and now twitter (both not exactly reliable as we know) that Leandro is back on the cards.

Interesting.

I love this phrase... like they are going to stay in that room until Levy actually pays what they want. They'll all be starved to death unless the meeting is in a Tesco distribution centre!

I think Dawson may be heading for the exit based on his lack of pace. AVB likes to play a high line and therefore needs the centre backs to be quick off the draw. Hid spell at Chelsea didn't work due to Terry being as slow as a racist. The Arsenal home game highlighted this.

Dawson doesn't have pace or acceleration in abundance. If he does go, I for one will be gutted. One of my favourite players, he loves the club and the fans.

It's strange him being linked with a move away as in the pre season AVB was mentioning he will sit down with Ledley and Daws to see who they think should be captain, as they were the most respected players in the dressing room

Everyone of the people that wanted Harry out was so we had a system of play, a style of play. Well having a system necessitates that you have the right kind of players for said system. I really like Dawson but he does not fit our new style, sadly he will move on but thats football.

Is he injury prone or just one bad injury? I can't remember now. Is Fryers CB cover or right back?

Everyone assumes that Dawson is 5th in the pecking order but I find that surprising considering that Caulker has hardly kicked a ball with the 1st team, nor has Vertoghen or Fryers for that matter. I'm not saying that Dawson is better than Vertoghen or anything like that but there is certainly room for 5 CB's at the club with the 25 man squad (is Caulker even counted in that number?). 2 senior pro's per position + 1 extra CB and 1 extra midfielder depending on the teams preferred system fills the 25 man panel. We're only a couple of injuries away from having no CB cover whatsoever with 4 CB's. And if you think this unlikely look at Utd last night playing Carrick in the back line, or even Spurs last season when a whole bunch of them were out together last season. For me 5 is the minimum number of CBs.

I am aware of Dawson's limitations but he has many strengths too. Anyway we would be hard pushed to pick up a CB of Dawson's quality for 8 mil. He loves the club. The fans like him. Mistake to sell in my opinion.

=D>And a naive one at that which imho would show AVB has not learnt from previous mistakes

=D>And a naive one at that which imho would show AVB has not learnt from previous mistakes

Massively disagree.

Dawson doesn't suit playing a high line as much as Terry didn't. Only we can move Dawson out where as they couldn't move Terry out. The more players we have that can play the way AVB wants, the more successful he will be.

We don't need to spend £8m on a back up if Dawson goes, it's great business all round. Caulker, Gallas, Kaboul and Vertonghen is a great selection of centre backs, and all of them will expect game time. We are well stocked as it is. For a 5th choice, we need a young guy who's willing to wait around and accept not getting much time. And someone who is suited to how we want to play. Dawson can go.

So, we have those saying we're in for Llorente, some saying the Ade deal is done (again) and there's been renewed talk amongst the ITKs and now twitter (both not exactly reliable as we know) that Leandro is back on the cards.

Interesting.

And Lewandowski, whom the oddsmakers lowered to 2/1
I just found an article from 5 days ago saying that Lewandowski has no intention of leaving Dortmund this summer so I'd be really surprised if he moved anywhere.

Massively disagree.

Dawson doesn't suit playing a high line as much as Terry didn't. Only we can move Dawson out where as they couldn't move Terry out. The more players we have that can play the way AVB wants, the more successful he will be.

We don't need to spend £8m on a back up if Dawson goes, it's great business all round. Caulker, Gallas, Kaboul and Vertonghen is a great selection of centre backs, and all of them will expect game time. We are well stocked as it is. For a 5th choice, we need a young guy who's willing to wait around and accept not getting much time. And someone who is suited to how we want to play. Dawson can go.

good post.

with caulker and verts, dawson is simply "surplus". doesn't mean he turned bad or isn't a good thfc man. just that we could use that £8m somewhere else right now.

I think Dawson may be heading for the exit based on his lack of pace. AVB likes to play a high line and therefore needs the centre backs to be quick off the draw. Hid spell at Chelsea didn't work due to Terry being as slow as a racist. The Arsenal home game highlighted this.

Dawson doesn't have pace or acceleration in abundance. If he does go, I for one will be gutted. One of my favourite players, he loves the club and the fans.

It's strange him being linked with a move away as in the pre season AVB was mentioning he will sit down with Ledley and Daws to see who they think should be captain, as they were the most respected players in the dressing room

At the end of the day the agents will go with whoever offers the most money, and the Italians don;t have the financial firepower they used too

Back