• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if we've simply said you can't sign Modric until we have a replacement ready to sign

Or I wonder whether this new "information" is complete gonads.

What's the source? How trustworthy is it?

Has the deal really hit a new stumbling block? If so, how do we know that it isn't Madrid or Modric who have moved the goalposts?

Or is there no new stumbling block at all but merely, as you say, a delay that was always possible under the terms of the original agreement (assuming that that, too, had been reached as reported)?

But isnt Levy shooting himself in the leg with this Bulls--t.

Next time we want a superstar to sign a 4-5 year contract he will be reluctant because he will know how Levy does his bissnes

Next time we want a superstar to sign a 4-5 year contract he will be reluctant because he will know how Levy does his bissnes

We'll never sign a superstar til we have the new stadium and by then we can pay big wages

Alternatively, if we cave in to Madrid and accept their low offer, every predatory club out there will know that they can wear us down and get our players on the cheap.

Or I wonder whether this new "information" is complete gonads.

What's the source? How trustworthy is it?

Has the deal really hit a new stumbling block? If so, how do we know that it isn't Madrid or Modric who have moved the goalposts?

Or is there no new stumbling block at all but merely, as you say, a delay that was always possible under the terms of the original agreement (assuming that that, too, had been reached as reported)?

No, it most probably is but if it is real, I just wonder if that was the case.

Rubbish. Bale just signed an extension and he saw what happened last summer and this. Naughtiness, Walker could be hot property. You put a nice pay rise under a players nose the greedy qunt signs. End of.

Great news, stay strong Daniel and fight them all the way.

na na na naaaaaa
na na na naaaaaa
hey hey heyyyyy
Luka Modric \o/

i'm not ready to blame Ade, for all we know he has committed a large part of his contracted wages from City to charity projects (like Craig Bellamy), he signed a contract in good faith, he should get every penny thats due to him

Why are Spurs fans willing to give a scrote the benefit of the doubt when he is moving from one massively overpriced contract to another which by the ridiculous standards of modern football is regarded as "modest," over our Chairman who has the best interests of the club in mind trying to bring in a striker. Frankly it's amazing Levy doesn't just think I can't be arsed with this and buggers off to make money in a less stressful way.

Why are Spurs fans willing to give a scrote the benefit of the doubt when he is moving from one massively overpriced contract to another which by the ridiculous standards of modern football is regarded as "modest," over our Chairman who has the best interests of the club in mind trying to bring in a striker. Frankly it's amazing Levy doesn't just think I can't be arsed with this and buggers off to make money in a less stressful way.

because i don't know all the facts, this money might be promised to someone else already, expecting the guy to take a 100k a week pay cut is what amazes me

because i don't know all the facts, this money might be promised to someone else already, expecting the guy to take a 100k a week pay cut is what amazes me

Ade must be an angel. He would still be getting a brick load of money plus a sign on fee, bonuses etc, he will still be rich beyond our wildest dreams. But by not signing for Spurs and no one else it is clear he could n't give a brick about playing football just the money.

There was a Spanish journo on twitter yesterday who tweeted quite an update on the modric deal and how it has unfolded. One thing he said was that Spurs and Madrid agreed a deal worth 40euro in July only to see Levy change his mind and ask for 5m more. Hence the deal collapsed. Cannot speak for his credibility but fits with the AVB explanation of a deal which was stalling and now back on track. Wouldn't be surprised if true, but cannot know for sure. Whatever the case this window has been a disaster. The silly 'in Levy we trust' BS is getting boring.

Last edited:
There was a Spanish journo on twitter yesterday who tweeted quite an update on the modric deal and how it has unfolded. One thing he said was that Spurs and Madrid agreed a deal worth 40euro in July only to see Levy change his mind and ask for 5m more. Hence the deal collapsed. Cannot speak for his credibility but fits with the AVB explanation of a deal which was stalling and now back on track. Wouldn't be surprised if true, but cannot know for sure. Whatever the case this window has been a disaster. The silly 'in Levy we trust' BS is getting boring.

What AVB said could mean anything and there's no knowing who or what is responsible for how long it has taken.

In truth, the likelihood is that all parties - Spurs, Madrid, Modric and maybe even Porto - have contributed to the complexity and difficulty of this deal.

What AVB said could mean anything and there's no knowing who or what is responsible for how long it has taken.

In truth, the likelihood is that all parties - Spurs, Madrid, Modric and maybe even Porto - have contributed to the complexity and difficulty of this deal.

You are right of course, but nevertheless there could be real credibility to the idea that Levy decided to alter the terms. But to be honest who knows, and as you say the issue of Porto (if we are pursuing Moutinho as his replacement) is a factor which requires consideration. Either way the inevitable departure of Modric has gone on too long, just need it ended asap so we can allow AVB to get the squad (or nearer too) he wants.

Someone else on twitter once mentioned that the up front fee was agreed on long ago and it's been about the addons ever since. Only Levy and whoever else is dealing with this will ever really know.

Thing is I am not sure signing superstars fits the Levy business model.

We should have signed an up and coming striker two or three years ago, he would be the star man now. I have my suspicions as to why we didn't, but not going to reignite that debate.

We should have signed an up and coming striker two or three years ago, he would be the star man now. I have my suspicions as to why we didn't, but not going to reignite that debate.

Yeah probably best not to reignite that one ;). But regardless of that debate, and the issue of to what extent we can compete in the market for top players (somewhat limited in my view), the biggest issue is allowing the squad to develop in the way it has. AVB deserved better, and while there is enough time to turn it around we need to be proactive to ensure the system he wants to adopt can draw upon the players necessary to achieve it.

Back