• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I dont deny his record, but he has horrendous games at times, he doesn't always contribute TBF.

Not every single game no. More often than not he does though and that is more valuable that say Werner who plays ok but rarely contributes in terms of goals. I’m perfectly fine with Son being hooked if he’s having a poor game but he’s also the most likely source of goals in the side.

Not every single game no. More often than not he does though and that is more valuable that say Werner who plays ok but rarely contributes in terms of goals. I’m perfectly fine with Son being hooked if he’s having a poor game but he’s also the most likely source of goals in the side.
In his career though Werner does that though, probably a goal contribution every other game (taking into account the level I get it). But I'm more realistic on Werner and his role compared to Son. If fit Sons playing every game, we won't ever know what Werners full season contribution would be in that respect, I suspect it would be better than people think.

I am not comparing him to Son at all but that statement is not anywhere near being true TBH and I love Son BTW.
Has Son played well at any point this season? Despite that he has 3 goals and 2 assists. Saying he can perform on a bad day isn't a stretch.

At the same time I'm a chief proponent of the idea that Son is no longer suited to playing the wing role. Despite that I wouldn't have Werner ahead of him, I mean tbh I wouldn't have re-signed him for this season. What he provided last season was not enough imo.

Has Son played well at any point this season? Despite that he has 3 goals and 2 assists. Saying he can perform on a bad day isn't a stretch.

At the same time I'm a chief proponent of the idea that Son is no longer suited to playing the wing role. Despite that I wouldn't have Werner ahead of him, I mean tbh I wouldn't have re-signed him for this season. What he provided last season was not enough imo.
I don’t think he has played as well as we have seen before
But it’s a different role
His hall yesterday was poke only son would score like that in our team.
His shot on the post was him again
But there were several times first half where he didn’t come into the 6 yard box to get on the end of things which they then cleared easily.
Werner isn’t ahead of him on anyone’s eyes

I'm not disputing the fact Son is better, has a better record or is ahead in the order, but I dispute that he always contributes because he does not, thats not to sh1t on Son, just a response to the claim made in the original post.

Conversely with a record in his career of about 300 G/A in 500 games Timo is by nowhere near the donk people make out his is.

Its clearly a bad period for him now

I'm not disputing the fact Son is better, has a better record or is ahead in the order, but I dispute that he always contributes because he does not, thats not to sh1t on Son, just a response to the claim made in the original post.

Conversely with a record in his career of about 300 G/A in 500 games Timo is by nowhere near the donk people make out his is.

There’s broken then there’s Timo
The way he let the ball run out and the way he stumbled with the ball several times was a worry
He hasn’t no confidence and then some

There’s broken then there’s Timo
The way he let the ball run out and the way he stumbled with the ball several times was a worry
He hasn’t no confidence and then some

I absolutely agree, I don't dispute it, he looks head gone.

But he isn't the anti footballer people now love to make him out to be, its such an easy thing and troupes that people can throw about IMO. I feel for the bloke TBH

There are some great things we are good at as Spurs fans there really is, but as with Johnson and now proven with Werner at games and on socials, we are absolutely the worse thing for players in rank form, we are utter cnuts about it in general

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, I don't dispute it, he looks head gone.

But he isn't the anti footballer people now love to make him out to be, its such an easy thing and troupes that people can throw about IMO. I feel for the bloke TBH

There are some great things we are good at as Spurs fans there really is, but as with Johnson and now proven with Werner at games and on socials, we are absolutely the worse thing for players like that in rank form, we are utter cnuts about it in general
Has to be a figure for some to hate
I’ve seen and heard some surreal things from our fans before
Even seen players not okaying getting the blame for things

I think there is also a third element where its ok to say he is fine and not micro in on every mistake he makes like he is some exclusive club which seems to be where he is. If we start a game and he fails to trap a pass and Deki and say Madders did the same, the outcry towards Werners efforts would be deafening. He is in the stage where his mistakes are being treated differently to others.
It's because he rarely gets things right. People make mistakes. We get that. But as said....it's more often he doesn't deliver. We acknowledge when he gets a cross in the box. But for someone who is 27 or 28. It's not good enough. And I don't see him being treated differently to anyone else we cuss. At least others generally do more than not.

People cuss Son all the time when he has an off game.

Moore, Yang and Odobert are three young players who can provide wing threat (we hope) but just need that cover for this season to avoid over-exposure at this stage of their careers. Hopefully next season will see them stepping in and stepping up.

When I look at the realistic attacking talent in the squad that the club own, I see 18 names. This will be their ages next season.

Sonny 33
Richi 28
Solanke 28
Madds 28
Kulu 25
Solomon 25
Johnson 24
Gil 24
Veliz 22
Scarlett 21
Devine 21
Lankshear 20
Donley 20
Bergvall 19
Yang 19
Odobert 19
Ajayi 19
Moore 18

It's almost a 50:50 split of senior versus U21 players. Today I think Ange would have Son, Richi, Johnson, Solanke, Madds, Kulu, Bergval and Odobert in a PL match day squad.

Personally, I don't think we'll see the 5 kids - Moore, Yang, Odobert, Lankshear and Bergval - in the same squad until the 26/27 season. More likely, there will be more loans and another senior player signing to keep the balance. Not saying I agree with that, but think that is how it will play out.

4 years is not a bad period, it's the current equilibrium.

I must admit I was yelling for Son to pass to Johnson before he scored. I thought he was taking too long and making it more complicated than it needed to be. Then he reminded me why I should just trust his instinct. It was great to see him back on form. He does love giving it to the spammers though.

When I look at the realistic attacking talent in the squad that the club own, I see 18 names. This will be their ages next season.

Sonny 33
Richi 28
Solanke 28
Madds 28
Kulu 25
Solomon 25
Johnson 24
Gil 24
Veliz 22
Scarlett 21
Devine 21
Lankshear 20
Donley 20
Bergvall 19
Yang 19
Odobert 19
Ajayi 19
Moore 18

It's almost a 50:50 split of senior versus U21 players. Today I think Ange would have Son, Richi, Johnson, Solanke, Madds, Kulu, Bergval and Odobert in a PL match day squad.

Personally, I don't think we'll see the 5 kids - Moore, Yang, Odobert, Lankshear and Bergval - in the same squad until the 26/27 season. More likely, there will be more loans and another senior player signing to keep the balance. Not saying I agree with that, but think that is how it will play out.
A lot depends on richy
I think we would like a player who can play wide and central like he does but stays fit
If he does stay fit… no worries
Then it comes back to brave calls like gambling on Moore more and maybe bringing in next summer one of the youth CBS
The fans won’t like it but it would give us money to blow on a big signing

Back