• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I think it was in his 'the spurs show' interview , he talks about how his injuries were mismanaged and how the welfare of the player was not always the priority.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/jun/05/theknowledge.sport:

"Throw international caps into the equation and Anderton shoots even further ahead, bringing his average number of senior appearances for club and country to a whopping 40.9 matches per season."

That's not too shabby, I'd say. He had a spell of three years, from 95-95, where he only played 43 games for us. Apart from that I don't think his injury problems were very extraordinary.

The media never let facts get in the way of a story or a silly nickname. Never see all this crap about Wheelchair or Walcott that might cost them their freebies at the Emptycrates!!!

This could have gone in any one of three threads but I'll put it here

The Secret Footballer said:
I met up with my friend, an Arsenal scout, last week.

We talked through players and clubs and he noted that Chelsea’s problems are all being caused by in-house feuding among the players, who are all pointing fingers at one another.

The worst, he told me, is Cesc Fabregas.

I pointed out that Tottenham Hotspur’s summer recruit, Son Heung-min, is one of the most impressive players I’ve seen at White Hart Lane since Gareth Bale.

Immediately, the scout took his phone out of his pocket and showed me a scouting report from last season. This is how it read …

* Scares the life out of defences. Feet are scarily quick, can turn in any direction.

* Keeps his shape, good discipline, counters quickly, carries the ball a long way up the pitch, aware of team-mates in better positions.

* Scores goals from great positions in the box that others don’t take up (Ljungberg). Hard to pick up and track.

* Fit, doesn’t stop working.

* Different to anything that we have in the building.

* CAN PLAY FOR US ALL DAY LONG!!

That was one of several reports he showed me that got better and better.

Arsenal watched Son almost 30 times last season, with all the scouts in agreement that the player would be a fantastic addition.

So what happened?

“It’s Arsene [Wenger],” the scout said. “He’s so indecisive it’s frightening. We had [Morgan] Schneiderlin done and dusted last January and, by the summer, the gaffer had changed his mind. Son was 100 per cent perfect for us.”

As somebody who can spot a player in a Category 5 hurricane, I’m telling you that Arsenal should have signed Son.

Arsenal watched Son almost 30 times last season

He was, indeed, perfect for them and, before he sustained a foot injury, he was the standout performer for Spurs.

At £20.7 million, he may well prove to be the bargain that got away where Arsenal are concerned.

Incidentally, I asked the Arsenal scout about Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus, who I know the club have watched extensively for two years.

“Not for us now,” the scout said. “We’ve got enough of those players.”

Reus scored two goals in Dortmund’s 5-1 win over FC Augsburg on Sunday, by the way.

Sorry, Arsenal fans.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...heung-min-tim-sherwood-phil-jagielka/#slide-2

I agree to a point, all clubs have their share of bitchers but it does seem we have a lot some times.

I think it comes from unrealistic/unreasonable expectation expectation... Noisy neighbours... And costs of attending

Combine that with recently much more successful clubs that were so far beneath us in the huercahy like city and Chelsea and we have that stigma if it's the right word

We also have a lot fountains who focus massively on one individual (not the same one each time) and feck me they moan... Even if that player walks on water they still would complain that he contaminated it

I think it comes from unrealistic/unreasonable expectation expectation... Noisy neighbours... And costs of attending

Combine that with recently much more successful clubs that were so far beneath us in the huercahy like city and Chel53a and we have that stigma if it's the right word

We also have a lot fountains who focus massively on one individual (not the same one each time) and feck me they moan... Even if that player walks on water they still would complain that he contaminated it
Probably that he should have taken his shoes off and washed his feet first. o_O

Tottenham Hotspur attacker Heung-Min Son is expected to play this week.

Speaking to the Yonhap News Agency, South Korea head coach Uli Stielike has given an update on Heung-Min Son’s fitness, claiming that he is expected to play for Spurs in the Europa League this week.

Speaking after the announcement of South Korea’s international squad, Stielike said: “We heard Son Heung-min is back to full strength with his club, and we expect him to get some action during the week at Europa League.”

This is great news for Mauricio Pochettino and Tottenham’s fans, with Son highly impressing at White Hart Lane prior to suffering his injury.

The 23-year-old played just five gams following his move from Bayer Leverkusen, scoring three goals, and acting as a real livewire in the final third.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/11/0...-on-heung-min-son-which-should-please/page/1/

Excellent news

Fantastic news if true! However I'm not going to get my hopes up til he's back on the pitch....things can easily get lost in translation or mis-reported by the press

Back