• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

If wesomehow do finish level on points Arsenal would have to beat Villa by around 12-14 goals. If that happened on the last day I would insist on an inquest

... and could they do it with 9 yellow cards ?

Can't find the video but I know about 5 years ago in Brazil's Seire B a team needed to win to stay up. They knew that if another team playing another game won they would need to score something like a dozen goals to stay up on goal difference. News came with 10 miniutes left that they would need a dozen goals to stay up and they managed to do it. The opposition were strolling about, sticking their legs out every now and then to make it look like they were trying. It was so obviously fixed that it was actually hilarious to watch.

Emirates Marketing Project dont have the players to be coached to the level Pep wants, they have 4/5 for sure but Toure is busted as is Kompany and pretty much the back 4.

Yeh he will get the backing but this whole Emirates Marketing Project + Pep = untouchable.........no I don't buy it
I totally agree. I don't buy the Pep hype. What has he actually done? Bar the dip in form Barca has now, they massively improved once he left, and Bayern have gone backwards since he came. He plays turgid slow football ala LVG, and I don't think it works very well anywhere, unless you have a vastly superior team, like he has in the German league. Add to that city's ageing squad. No way they'll win the title. Same goes for Cheatski. Aging squad with a new manager with zero PL experience.

Sent fra min D5803 via Tapatalk

Facts: Whatever you may think, and whether or not you think they play pretty football, Leicester is a big story, even internationally. (Even if we manage to overtake them). That is plain to all but bitter Spurs supporters.

If we are runners up, no one except Spurs fans will remember or care. It will have a been a wonderful season exceeding all expectations, and we will have been pipped at the wire by a Cinderella story. Second place (assuming we hang on) isn't a story for the history books.

What is a story, which has been widely written about and acknowledged, is the foundation that this club has built. The training ground, the new stadium, the core of young, largely English players, and a young and talented and committed manager. But the next several chapters of that story are blank and remain to be written.
I'm back home in Greece watching last night's game at a local restaurant, wearing my Spurs shirt and some yocal sees me and goes "go Leicester!"

Me: "so how long have you been supporting Leicester?"
Him: "since January" (!!!!)
Me: "so you'll be rooting for them in a couple of years when they're back in the Championship?"
Him: "I don't know mate. Depends on who has a chance for the PL title next year."

nuff said...

If the league contrive to find a way to shaft us out of the top four with a points deduction, I will go into full on Illuminati mode.

I can see it being one of those where they decide it after the last round of games and take just enough from us to get Man UTD back into fourth.

I'm back home in Greece watching last night's game at a local restaurant, wearing my Spurs shirt and some yocal sees me and goes "go Leicester!"

Me: "so how long have you been supporting Leicester?"
Him: "since January" (!!!!)
Me: "so you'll be rooting for them in a couple of years when they're back in the Championship?"
Him: "I don't know mate. Depends on who has a chance for the PL title next year."

nuff said...
On Monday morning I saw a 7 or 8 year old boy bedecked in a Leicester scarf and hat on Henley High Street. Bless him, he is in for decades of misery.

If the league contrive to find a way to shaft us out of the top four with a points deduction, I will go into full on Illuminati mode.

I can see it being one of those where they decide it after the last round of games and take just enough from us to get Man UTD back into fourth.

Surely any decision like that has to be made this week?

Can't see a points deduction. It reminded me of the United vs Goons games of the past.

Can't recall us having previous this season for failing to control our players.

Was the last points deduction for that sort of thing pre premier league era. Plus surely we would fight it in court and if we win could cost the FA a fortune in legal fight.

Points deduction would open up a can of worms never to be closed.
The FA will try and draw a curtain over the refs performances this season, which have been abject beyond belief.
Bans running into the start of next season at worst.

There's no chance that we'll get a points deduction for this

Points deduction would open up a can of worms never to be closed.
The FA will try and draw a curtain over the refs performances this season, which have been abject beyond belief.
Bans running into the start of next season at worst.

Yep, points deduction would be utter madness. The protests would be unbelievable, Levy would make sure that the FA would regret such a decision for years. Imagine if we lost out on CL because of it, Levy takes it to the courts and wins the case next year - what then? There are simply no way the FA would risk starting a spectacle like that now. Even they aren't stupid enough for that.

I'm sure it'll be a fine and a ban for Dembele, and that'll be it. Then the FA can say they took action and hide behind that when the accusations start flying.

Read some speculation in the media of a 10 game ban for Dembele, by the way. I think that's way over the top. Four, five games maximum, IMO. And plenty of time to appeal before the start of next season - could be reduced to 2-3 games, possibly.

Yep, points deduction would be utter madness. The protests would be unbelievable, Levy would make sure that the FA would regret such a decision for years. Imagine if we lost out on CL because of it, Levy takes it to the courts and wins the case next year - what then? There are simply no way the FA would risk starting a spectacle like that now. Even they aren't stupid enough for that.

I'm sure it'll be a fine and a ban for Dembele, and that'll be it. Then the FA can say they took action and hide behind that when the accusations start flying.

Read some speculation in the media of a 10 game ban for Dembele, by the way. I think that's way over the top. Four, five games maximum, IMO. And plenty of time to appeal before the start of next season - could be reduced to 2-3 games, possibly.
If it's 10 games then see you court, no way that's a 10 game ban. And once that is set then all hell breaks loose.
I also expect a strong mandate at the beginning of next season about set pieces.
They can't let that continue, someone is going to get seriously hurt.

I cant see the points deduction thing is worth discussing.

The Dembele ban and the potential for 10 games is more interesting.

While I think Dembele will get banned (and rightly so) I'm not even completely sure that you can make a cast iron case that he intentionally gouged Costa.

It is entirely possible that Dembele was just trying to push him away. The fact that Costa reacted by holding the wrong eye showed that clearly Dembele can't have actually made any contact with Costa's eye.

I'm sure Dembele's defence will be that he wasn't trying to gauge his eyes. The FA will have to ban him irrespective simply because there has been so much in the press about the incident. I expect to see a ban of between 3 to 5 games.

Back