• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Love how this has turned into a thread full of hypotheticals. The latest theories on the top 7 spots brought to you by the power of GG...

If we win on Monday 2nd's ever closer. And even if we finish 3rd, that'll be the highest we've finished in my life time and certainly nothing to be ashamed off.

Part of me wishes Leicester had just won it today. It's this constant hope I can't deal with, it's almost cruel.

My latest daydreaming involves Huth getting a ban for pulling hair and with drinkwater suspended. The incoming players don't communicate very well and they let in goals against everton. Abramovich can't stand the thought of the trophy being paraded round the bridge so tells the team to park the bus.

Spurs go on to win all three remaining games.

(It's the spurs going on to win the remaining games thing that is perhaps the most unlikely part of the whole scenario)

I was hoping for a Leicester loss but part of me did prefer a Leicester win to a draw just to get it over with and focus on finishing runner up.

The Monday night games have fudgeed us over i think. completely different atmosphere and feeling than a Saturday / Sunday afternoon. I think if the WBA game was on a Sunday we would have walked it.

Exactly. I can't remember any other team playing on 3 consecutive Mondays. I am sure, no other team would accept it either. But Spurs always want to be nice guys to everyone and so would not complain !

Really disgusted about the media and the so-called neutrals for hyping up Leicester as if they are from Mars and have just started to play football ! They won the Football League Championship with 102 points in 2014. So, they know how to win the league. They should not have struggled in the PL last season in the first place. They have a long history, being established in 1884, finished in 2nd place in Div.1 in 1929, won 3 League Cups and finished as FA Cup runners-up 4 times in their history. So, they are one of the biggest underachievers rather than newcomers to football. So, it is not really a miracle if they win the league !

The real miracle is the world's most cursed team in the last 30 years fighting for the league title with only 1 striker and no defensive midfielder ! It is up to Pochettino to answer why we only have 1 striker and no defensive midfielder. But we deserve some respect for making do with what we have to stay in the title race this far !

It's honestly perfection around how everyone is pushing plucky old Leicester...

There are no neutrals in this situation. There are spurs fans and everyone else pretty much

Been saying this for a long time mate. Of course the rest of Europe loves them, because if they win it, they stand for stone-age football and actually serve to regress the global attitude towards our style of play.

if we weren't #2 i would be rooting for them too.

Strangely enough, for some reason, I was supporting Coventry against star-studded Spurs in the 1987 FA Cup final like the rest of the world ! Now, can never accept another minor team winning a trophy even if they are not competing with us. It is hard to accept another team coming from nowhere to win when we can't ! Would just prefer the big teams like ManCity or Chelsea winning it like usual.

I wouldn't be, not playing like that. I want the best footballing team to win. They've but anything but.
At the end of the it's about entertainment, they don't even get close.
Playing on a tight budget, daring football management like giving players an additional day off every week (and trusting they will remain fit) , and playing players to their strengths (especially with a couple of misfits there like huth) . They deserve it, even if it will all collapse very soon.

All very entertaining to me.

That said we don't do too badly ourselves with kids and a very young manager. I would have been happy with top 4 with our lot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Fapatalk

And they don't even tell us why we have to play so many Mondays.

That's because don't think we ever asked them ! Why didn't Pochettino or the players made a big fuss over it ? Seems very strange we are forced to play on 3 consecutive Mondays at a crucial part of the season. One of my match ritual is watching us play live but i missed the WBA match as I overslept ! Who can blame you when the match comes at a fecking 3am in this part of the world ! Don't think anyone likes the Monday night (or Tuesday morning) matches !

Wimbledon FA Cup victory will always go down as a huge underdog achievement. Weren't they non league at the time?

nah, they had finished 6th in the league the season before, they got promoted out of non league about 15 years before that, it was a meteoric rise no doubt but the story was all about the dippers (surprising hey) losing rather than who beat them

nah, they had finished 6th in the league the season before, they got promoted out of non league about 15 years before that, it was a meteoric rise no doubt but the story was all about the dippers (surprising hey) losing rather than who beat them

I think Coventry winning the FA Cup in 1987, beating Spurs in the Final was also a major upset that time. It is their only trophy in their history and they have never come close to winning any since then.

It's honestly perfection around how everyone is pushing plucky old Leicester...

There are no neutrals in this situation. There are spurs fans and everyone else pretty much

I'm totally fed up of every sports bulletin on tv or radio being all about when (not if) Leicester win the league yesterday/tonight, how Ranieri will miss it as he flies back from Italy (because it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose tonight), how the champagne is on ice for tonight (literally just heard that one now on tv) etc. I know it is to be expected but because of our situation everything is striking much more of a grinding chord with me than it probably would if we were lower down the table.
As for everyone wanting Leicester - I think there will be as much, if not more, joy in some quarters at us 'losing' it (even though it has never been ours to lose) as there will be for Leicester if they do win it.

I'm totally fed up of every sports bulletin on tv or radio being all about when (not if) Leicester win the league yesterday/tonight, how Ranieri will miss it as he flies back from Italy (because it's a foregone conclusion that we will lose tonight), how the champagne is on ice for tonight (literally just heard that one now on tv) etc. I know it is to be expected but because of our situation everything is striking much more of a grinding chord with me than it probably would if we were lower down the table.
As for everyone wanting Leicester - I think there will be as much, if not more, joy in some quarters at us 'losing' it (even though it has never been ours to lose) as there will be for Leicester if they do win it.

Gonna be interesting to see how they deal now with Drinkwater and Huth suspended

And I agree. After west Brom all I heard was it was us losing it... We have never been top all season and despite having the youngest, most inexperienced side, are the only ones having a go. We deserve massive credit for that

Gonna be interesting to see how they deal now with Drinkwater and Huth suspended

And I agree. After west Brom all I heard was it was us losing it... We have never been top all season and despite having the youngest, most inexperienced side, are the only ones having a go. We deserve massive credit for that
Not much chance of that happening, everybody hates us

Huth suspended? I'll believe that when I see it.
As per a comment left under the match report in the Leicester Mercury :
robe4x | May 02 2016, 1:37AM
I think any footballer should have their hair predominately out of the way during a football match. I think it must be very unpleasant for most players to have to deal with a face full of Fellaini's hair at every close encounter. This may sound like a joke, but I am half serious. I would imagine that Huth just got his hand stuck in amongst it and was trying to pull his hand out with inevitable consequences. Now a smash in the face with an arm is straightforward violent conduct. Keep your hair and arms under control :)

No doubt the FA will take a similarly understanding view.

(And of course, Huth himself does always manage to keep his arms under control).

Huth suspended? I'll believe that when I see it.
As per a comment left under the match report in the Leicester Mercury :
robe4x | May 02 2016, 1:37AM
I think any footballer should have their hair predominately out of the way during a football match. I think it must be very unpleasant for most players to have to deal with a face full of Fellaini's hair at every close encounter. This may sound like a joke, but I am half serious. I would imagine that Huth just got his hand stuck in amongst it and was trying to pull his hand out with inevitable consequences. Now a smash in the face with an arm is straightforward violent conduct. Keep your hair and arms under control :)

No doubt the FA will take a similarly understanding view.

(And of course, Huth himself does always manage to keep his arms under control).

It's scary how it's being glossed over as a sideline
He throttled him and pulled his hair - behaviour you can't get away with in mma

Huth has loads and loads of previous and United will not be scared to use that on any personal hearing as part of their case (LVG) has pretty much done it already

It's what annoyed me this season. We haven't had one moment of anyone highlighting the "negative" side of some teams games as its more positive to have a new team at the top

Yet I've seen article highlighting out art of fouling in certain positions and sharing the cards... We haven't had a player sent off yet which is oust sings given the dynamic nature of the way we play for example

I was hoping for a Leicester loss but part of me did prefer a Leicester win to a draw just to get it over with and focus on finishing runner up.
You do realize we can still focus on finishing runners up by focusing on winning the title. It would be where we would end up if our title bid isn't successful.

Absolutely bizarre that people in here were wanting Southampton to win that game.
We are playing them next.
If they have drew or lost that they would have had nothing to play for.
Now they are in a battle for European places.

WBA had nothing to play for, didn't stop them turning up did it?
Southampton have more against us than WBA.
Also, it adds more pressure on them, with them having something to play for now.

Last edited:
Exactly. I can't remember any other team playing on 3 consecutive Mondays. I am sure, no other team would accept it either. But Spurs always want to be nice guys to everyone and so would not complain !

We don't have anyone to complain to. When fixtures are scheduled is decided by the TV companies.

Back