• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I was listening to Five Live earlier whilst pruning (hacking at) my apple orchard (5 trees is an orchard, right?).

All the pundits agreed that Leicester winning the title would be the biggest upset in the history of sport, i.e. no individual or team has ever won something as big as the Premier League when starting with odds of 5000-1.

They are probably right... it is like Dagenham winning the FA Cup or Ernie the Eel winning the Olympic swimming, it just doesn't happen.

That is why everyone is saying "I hope they do it". It is nothing to do with Spurs or the Goons or anyone else, it is just that 5000-1 odds against winners are incredibly rare.

Does anyone else think Huth might get a suspension for pulling Fellainis hair and trying to choke him??

Reason I raise it is because Fellainis gonna get a ban for the elbow but surely then they have to look at he choke hold and hair pull

I was listening to Five Live earlier whilst pruning (hacking at) my apple orchard (5 trees is an orchard, right?).

All the pundits agreed that Leicester winning the title would be the biggest upset in the history of sport, i.e. no individual or team has ever won something as big as the Premier League when starting with odds of 5000-1.

They are probably right... it is like Dagenham winning the FA Cup or Ernie the Eel winning the Olympic swimming, it just doesn't happen.

That is why everyone is saying "I hope they do it". It is nothing to do with Spurs or the Goons or anyone else, it is just that 5000-1 odds against winners are incredibly rare.
I think that the USA beating the Soivet Union at the Olympics was bigger. But of course the 'narrative' about Leicester will trump that. And no-one will point to the racist gang-bang that lead to the sacking of Pearson and the hiring of Ranieri as a factor. I am joining the bitter party until mid-June when my frustration (and pride at how glorious our club is) subsides.

What games in those 1 nils has anyone said teams rolled over for them???

Leicester were incredibly lucky in a lot of them but I'm not aware of any accusation of rolling over in those???

I have no idea. But if they're not talking about those 1 nils then they don't have very much to speak about.

Leicester won comfortably against Swansea but their last win by 3 goals was back in January against Sunderland so if you're saying that teams have been rolling over for Leicester all season and then can only come up with two games in the season where it's happened then it seems to me that people are clutching at straws.

This probably belongs in the 'Struggle for 4th' thread (mods, please move it if that is the case), but here we go.

I happen to think that our 3 Monday games in a row at this point in the season is unfair and puts extra pressure on us. For example, if we had played before Leicester at least once and won it would, in my opinion, have put extra pressure on them for their next game. Pressure that I believe would grow as they had to wait the one or two days after our game to play.

I know some of us have debated this before (and like most things there are divergent opinions), but has there ever been a season when the league has been this close when ONE TEAM, and one team only, has been made to play after the leaders three times in a row? I am guessing it's Sky deciding the schedule but I am curious if there has ever been this kind of scheduling before.

COYS!!!!

If this Soton match stays like this we need 1pt to secure 3rd.
City beat Arsenal both on 70pts max
A draw City 68 max Arsenal 71 max
Arsenal win We finish 3rd but need 4pts for 2nd

I have no idea. But if they're not talking about those 1 nils then they don't have very much to speak about.

Leicester won comfortably against Swansea but their last win by 3 goals was back in January against Sunderland so if you're saying that teams have been rolling over for Leicester all season and then can only come up with two games in the season where it's happened then it seems to me that people are clutching at straws.

Again if you look at my comments I was referring in particukar to Swansea as a prime example

Such a shame, the day we want to be playing last we dont. Would have been great to know that result before we play Soton
Yea but honestly I'd much rather us secure title/second/third by winning our games rather than relying on others not winning theirs. We should be looking to finish the season in style. Set a marker now for next season.

Back