• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

They are a far older team, and Ranerie more experienced. They played many less matches. Yes they can only play one way - which is to defend deep and compete to keep the opposition away from their goal all game. Then when they disrupt the opposition they pounce with genuine incision. All credit to Ranerie (or how ever you spell that clams name!) its the only way they could have won the PL.
If it ain't broke...

Considering the way that Liverpool slipped up in 2013/14 (despite also having the benefit of no European distractions and playing just the 5 cup games too) I must, begrudgingly, give Leicester their dues for not bottling it.

If it ain't broke...

Considering the way that Liverpool slipped up in 2013/14 (despite also having the benefit of no European distractions and playing just the 5 cup games too) I must, begrudgingly, give Leicester their dues for not bottling it.

Agreed. Their first two goals yesterday were real gifts which helped steady their nerves. Our goal tonight was an OG. Had we got the second we'd have grown, but at 1-0 we did bottle it. This Spurs side bounce back though. We'll come out firing and look to win all remaining games.

Well I guess what we need now is to hold on to second place. Hopefully we won't be too deflated and are able to salvage 6+ points from the last three games, 4 points will be enough to secure it with our GD though.
Worries over Dier (more worried about this one) and Alli though might mean we have to really scrap to come through the next three weeks.

Spurs (69): Chelsea (A), Soton (H), Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A)
Arsenal (64): Norwich (H), Emirates Marketing Project (A), Villa (H)
Emirates Marketing Project (64): Soton (A) four days before their second leg vs Madrid, Arsenal (H), Swansea (A)
UTD (59): Leicester (H), Norwich (A), West Ham (A), Bournemouth (H)

Personally, I can't see Emirates Marketing Project closing on us. I can see them fielding an understrength side at Southampton and dropping points. If they beat Arsenal then they will finish on 70, if not then 67.
Arsenal have certainly got 6 points in the bag, because Norwich and Villa will both capitulate without a fight. If they beat Emirates Marketing Project too then they end with 73 points, but if they lose that game then 70.
UTD should only trouble us if they win all their games and even that sees them reaching 71 points. In all likelihood they will drop points to Leicester and Wham (2 a piece) and end on 67.

Maybe it's time to cheer on Leicester for once and hope they steal a win at Old Trafford, whilst Southampton give Emirates Marketing Project a hiding causing them in turn to turn up against Arsenal.

I had us down to lose against Chelsea and win all other games.

Should we beat Chelsea and the other remaining games we end up with 78 points. If Leicester lose to Utd and Chelsea and draw with Everton they have 77 points..

It's not over yet mofos.

I think it's over now, Leicester won't falter badly enough for us to scrape ahead of them. Historically, teams don't win league titles by having as many poor results at home as we have had, most title winners have very good winning records in their home games. This has been a freak season though.

It sucks that we basically choked in the 2nd half, but let's hope the boys can just regroup and focus on beating Chelsea.

They'll know it's all over now bar the shouting. The danger is that they're so deflated by it that the heads go down, especially if Alli does get banned; we'll see now how good the spirit really is. It's obvious where the failings that really killed the dream were, and it's not down to the events of this evening. Arse: four points categorically dropped; Leicester at home: only minutes away from securing a vital point but couldn't hold on; Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home: how we contrived to lose to them, I'll never understand. Yes, of course, every team can point to spilt milk episodes, but that's a minimum 6 points it really, really galls to be left crying over now. The goal stats, sterling as they are, yet mask the fact we haven't been clinical enough at crucial times in those marginal contests to press home the advantages we worked so hard to carve out. That has to be the aim for next season, to put that business right. Chins up, lads; you've done us all proud, now just keep on going to the end. Allowing yourselves to be overtaken at this stage, especially by the Goons, would be a kick in the balls I fear we might all struggle to recover from.

Last edited:
I think it's over now, Leicester won't falter badly enough for us to scrape ahead of them. Historically, teams don't win league titles by having as many poor results at home as we have had, most title winners have very good winning records in their home games. This has been a freak season though.

It sucks that we basically choked in the 2nd half, but let's hope the boys can just regroup and focus on beating Chelsea.

Leicester need to beat Everton just to match the lowest number of home wins by a title winning team since the top division got reduced from 42 to 38 teams.

Such a pity we drew so many games at WHL this season and (as mud shark says) those galling defeats at the hands of Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine!

Home W/D/L(GD) records: champions v Spurs

2016: 11/6/1(+15) v 10/6/2(+21)
2015: 15/4/0(+27) v 10/3/6(+7)
2014: 17/1/1(+50) v 11/3/5(+7)
2013: 16/0/3(+26) v 11/5/3(+11)
2012: 18/1/0(+43) v 13/3/3(+22)
2011: 18/1/0(+37) v 9/9/1(+11)
2010: 17/1/1(+54) v 14/2/3(+28)
2009: 16/2/1(+30) v 10/5/4(+11)
2008: 17/1/1(+40) v 8/5/6(+12)
2007: 15/2/2(+34) v 12/3/4(+12)
2006: 18/1/0(+38) v 12/5/2(+15)
2005: 14/5/0(+25) v 9/5/5(+14)
2004: 15/4/0(+26) v 9/4/6(+6)
2003: 16/2/1(+30) v 9/4/6(+1)
2002: 12/4/3(+17) v 10/4/5(+8)
2001: 15/2/2(+37) v 11/6/2(+15)
2000: 15/4/0(+43) v 10/3/6(+14)
1999: 14/4/1(+27) v 7/7/5(+2)
1998: 15/2/2(+33) v 7/8/4(+1)
1997: 12/5/2(+21) v 8/4/7(+2)
1996: 15/4/0(+27) v 9/5/5(+7)

Last edited:
the expectations on this young side next season will be crushing...

don't think so, next season will be

- Pep tossfest @City
- Manure & Cheat$ki spending like Charlie Sheen in a brothel
- Pool with Klopp & Wenger with the Scum having the usual preseason hype
- Leicester with the true stifling pressure of defending title +CL participation (could see a few embarrassments in store)

I think we will be under the radar again (like most of this season), the only concern I see is with our own fans having stupid expectations, and the impact that has on atmosphere at games.

as galling as today was, I'd rather lose now than on the last day and have pic after pic of our fans in tears and the press rubbing it in, i can see us securing 2nd with a game to spare, who would have imagined that in August.

Woke up this morning with a feeling in my stomach I haven't had for 20 years. Was the last time I was dumped by a female and felt properly crushed. Not looking forward to telling my boy the score when he wakes

don't think so, next season will be

- Pep tossfest @City
- Manure & Cheat$ki spending like Charlie Sheen in a brothel
- Pool with Klopp & Wenger with the Scum having the usual preseason hype
- Leicester with the true stifling pressure of defending title +CL participation (could see a few embarrassments in store)

I think we will be under the radar again (like most of this season), the only concern I see is with our own fans having stupid expectations, and the impact that has on atmosphere at games.

this is what i had in mind..

Is no one else even slightly concerned about the So'ton game?? They're a much better side than WBA and won't be any easier to break down. Mane and Long can def cause problems with their movement and if Dier is missing still I fear we will struggle.

Never truly thought we could catch Leicester with so few games left. But why am I now looking ominously over my shoulder at 3rd / 4th again???
Defeat to Chelsea and two draws is far from impossible.

Is no one else even slightly concerned about the So'ton game?? They're a much better side than WBA and won't be any easier to break down. Mane and Long can def cause problems with their movement and if Dier is missing still I fear we will struggle.

Never truly thought we could catch Leicester with so few games left. But why am I now looking ominously over my shoulder at 3rd / 4th again???
Defeat to Chelsea and two draws is far from impossible.

There'll be less pressure against soton. They don't play pulis-ball, so we'll be fine.

Back