• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Well it was exciting whilst it lasted. Although it's not won until it's in their hands.
We did play some lovely stuff first half though.

I am more worried about blowing up and not securing 2nd spot when it was there for the taking.

Really need to get a point at least next Monday. A favour off Southampton next Sunday wouldnt go amiss either.

Amusing as it would be to see them win at Old Toilet, Manure will grind out a 1-0 win. Leicester will lift the trophy at home unless Martinez has been sacked. John Terry and pals will have to stand guard of honour in the last round.

We finish 4th, City and Liverpool win the European cups?

Well we certainly might have a better idea this time tomorrow.

Two results go our way and we could almost fall into 2nd.

Southampton beat Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday
Emirates Marketing Project beat Arsenal the week after.

At the end of the day, avoiding defeat at Chelsea is vital. Dont really want to have to win on the last day to secure 2nd, rather have the chance to do it at the Lane in a fortnight

We're not in *that* bad a spot - like I said, three points from our last three games will guarantee a top three place, and four points should guarantee second. One win and two losses or one win, one draw, one loss.

That Soton game is where our most likely win will come from, so we really need to pull something out of the fire there. And if the players and manager don't want to suffer the ignominy of finishing behind Arsenal again after all that's gone on this season, they will also need a draw from either the Chelsea or Saudi Sportswashing Machine games.

It's in our hands. We won't fail. I never entertained hopes of the title, but I can say with confidence that this bunch of lads and this manager are too good and too driven to let the unthinkable happen.

I am more worried about blowing up and not securing 2nd spot when it was there for the taking.

Really need to get a point at least next Monday. A favour off Southampton next Sunday wouldnt go amiss either.
This... Mind The Gap... Say no to lasagne...

76 Leicester
69 Tottenham
64 Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal

So one win and Leicester are crowned PL champs? Two draws and a loss anyone!? :) Leicester deserve it all in all. A whole team built for not far off what we bought Lamela for. Its the stuff of Football Manager simulator dreams.

We're not in *that* bad a spot - like I said, three points from our last three games will guarantee a top three place, and four points should guarantee second. One win and two losses or one win, one draw, one loss.

That Soton game is where our most likely win will come from, so we really need to pull something out of the fire there. And if the players and manager don't want to suffer the ignominy of finishing behind Arsenal again after all that's gone on this season, they will also need a draw from either the Chelsea or Saudi Sportswashing Machine games.

It's in our hands. We won't fail. I never entertained hopes of the title, but I can say with confidence that this bunch of lads and this manager are too good and too driven to let the unthinkable happen.

If we dont finish above them this season, I will never believe we ever can again. Looking at their fixtures they are nailed on 2 home wins, but looking at their recent form City should win that other match.
At least we got a point nearer that particular tonight. I would love to secure that 2nd spot at home before the City-Arsenal. It would make a fitting finale to our home league campaign

So one win and Leicester are crowned PL champs? Two draws and a loss anyone!? :) Leicester deserve it all in all. A whole team built for not far off what we bought Lamela for. Its the stuff of Football Manager simulator dreams.
Indeed... for a side that plays agricultural route-one football, they are extremely good at putting those bottom half teams to the sword...

P:19 W:15 D:4 L:0

Which is one of the hallmarks of a title winning team, compared to our record...

P:19 W:13 D:5 L:1

Fine margins, which I'm sure Pochettino already has a plan of action for next season!

Indeed... for a side that plays agricultural route-one football, they are extremely good at putting those bottom half teams to the sword...

P:19 W:15 D:4 L:0

Which is one of the hallmarks of a title winning team, compared to our record...

P:19 W:13 D:5 L:1

Fine margins, which I'm sure Pochettino already has a plan of action for next season!

They are a far older team, and Ranerie more experienced. They played many less matches. Yes they can only play one way - which is to defend deep and compete to keep the opposition away from their goal all game. Then when they disrupt the opposition they pounce with genuine incision. All credit to Ranerie (or how ever you spell that clams name!) its the only way they could have won the PL.

They've won, I congratulate them

It's not a case of deserved though, deserved doesn't exist, it's not arbitrary, it's not down to interpretation, it's down to facts, it's accumulated points in games and across the season, I don't want to see any talk of moral victory or being "the better team", the only metric that matters is the league table

it would have been absolutely bloody miraculously brilliant for us to have won the league, but being in the champions league is the most important thing

Back