• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I know Chelsea players have said they'd rather Leicester win it than us, but have any actually alluded to throwing the game?

They can field the team all with youngsters and reserved players. And nobody (except us) can complain about it. Evaluation for next season, gaining experience, niggling injuries, mental exhaustion, saving first team players for the Euros, and etc.

They can field the team all with youngsters and reserved players. And nobody (except us) can complain about it. Evaluation for next season, gaining experience, niggling injuries, mental exhaustion, saving first team players for the Euros, and etc.
Starting next weekend, hopefully.

With respect I think it is very unlikely they would get away with fielding an under strength team in such an important game. It would look too obvious. We must not let ourselves get carried away with conspiracy theories. Well at least until after the game.

Judging by how the "star players" view us and season-long mentality issues, would an XI made up of hungry youngsters actually put up a better fight to Leicester? Tbh I'll settle for taking it to the last day right now.

I am left hoping for a Utd win and that perhaps Everton sack Martinez before the end of the season and Big Duncan Ferguson takes charge and gets them motivated to perhaps get a point.

Oh and we HAVE to beat Chelsea.

Really thought Swansea can take atleast a point against Leicester. Never thought they will do gown this easily. Maybe all the non-Spurs players feel it is their duty to help Leicester win the league title ! But we cannot blame others when we didn't help ourselves. When you lose to your direct rivals at home, you have no right to blame other teams when they lose to them as well ! Now we can only rely on miracles to help our league title fight !

Firstly we have to make sure we win tonight.
Next I think its time for Pochettino to start introducing the mind games but instead of focusing on Leicester direct them towards Chelsea.

So much material there - firstly you can get the lads up for it with those comments from Fabgregas/Hazard in the last week. Secondly he could mention that those same players might want to watch out for some robust tackles in the game - after all they wouldn't want to miss the upcoming Euro's would they? And if we can take it to the last day very simply call out all of those comments coming out of Stamford Bridge about wanting Leicester to win it - read them aloud at the press conference prior to the game. That would put enormous media pressure on Chelsea to produce a performance because there would be such focus. They've boxed themselves into a corner - now is the time to exploit it...just keep the powder dry for another week...

Bookies have Chelsea as slight favourites against Leicester (32/25 C win, 62/25 draw, 49/20 L win).
I wonder how dramatically the coefficients will change if Leicester still needs 1-3 points to secure title after MD 37.

If we do take it to the last day, it will have been a marvellous achievement, and one to be proud.

I have a big portion of humble pie waiting in the fridge to eat tonight if we get the win we need. Pochettino wasn't my first choice and I wasnt impressed with his appointment, but tonight he stands on the verge of achieving our highest ever Premiership finish, and I am more than happy to hold up my hands and admit I got it totally wrong.
And I will be proud to sing his name at the Soton game

If we do take it to the last day, it will have been a marvellous achievement, and one to be proud.

I have a big portion of humble pie waiting in the fridge to eat tonight if we get the win we need. Pochettino wasn't my first choice and I wasnt impressed with his appointment, but tonight he stands on the verge of achieving our highest ever Premiership finish, and I am more than happy to hold up my hands and admit I got it totally wrong.
And I will be proud to sing his name at the Soton game

Its that word again.

I hate to say it but I can't see Man U getting anything against Leicester. Their physical presence at set pieces will cause havoc against a fairly light weight Man U defence. With the soft free kicks Leicester win then it's open season.
It seems like a lost cause now, everything and everyone is conspiring to help Leicester win the league. Yesterday just summed it up, Williams gifts a goal with a clear hand ball to boot for the first. He stands what 6'4 yet when "jumps" for the second he's 3"9. Half the Swansea team didn't turn up, and sky seemed to deliberately not focus on anything happening in the box at set pieces.
Also can't believe that was only Huths 8 yellow card of the season.
I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it.

If we don't win it, I'd rather lose it by 5 points than 2 or three. The ifs and buts would be unbearable if we only miss out by a few points.

Chelsea players are playing for their futures under a new manager. Hiddink will not want to sign off with a defeat. No doubt they will be out to stop us next week but they will not "throw" the game vs Leicester. We need to beat them next week. If Leicester lose at old Trafford and we win at the bridge ( and tomorrow of course) we will win the title IMO.
Terry isn't. How many players need to throw it in order to lose a match?

I suspect the answer is one.

Phil Jagielka has been ruled out for the rest of the season.

With Mori still suspended, Everton will now have to play a makeshift centrehalf next to Stones at Leicester next week.

Its all going Leicesters way. :(

Back