• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Fuuuuuuck!!! Really bad news, and so typical now that he's been playing so well.
Hopefully nothing major... *fingers crossed*

Re: Sandro - Legend

True but i would (with my eternal optimist hat on) say that the line on the OS that

The midfielder's recovery schedule will be assessed over the next few days.

Means it is not as serious as a cruciate as he would not need assessment?

[-o<

Poor bloke doesn't look to happy. He was in great form I hope this is only weeks and not months.

Thank GHod Parker is back to full fitness.

Ha!

Just noticed that Sandrobeast is flicking a V sign at the photographer.

Whoever it is..............run. Run for your life. You are not safe. You have provoked the beast.

Sandro wears bandaging so that he doesn't kill you too quickly.

He has stitches in his skin because it's not just his shirt that gets torn to shreds when he's angry.

You think he's too groggy from the op to be a threat......?

Sandrobeast makes anaesthetic go to sleep.

tinkle flaps this is bad :(

If only we had a tenacious midfielder to step in and help with our pressing and tackling in midfield... thank the lord for Scotty.

Thank GHod for Scott Parker, is all I can say.

This won't affect us too badly in the short term, but over the course of the rest of the campaign, we will start missing him badly.

Our plans for another central midfielder had better get bumped up now. Perhaps Holtby coming in early isn't that unlikely after all. We need to get someone AVB trusts, so Huddlestone can be shipped out regardless (as determined by AVB's reluctance to use him) and Livermore can step up to fill in for Parker (who subsequently steps into Sandro's starting role).

Parker
Dembele
Livermore
Holtby

Seems just about manageable.

fudge.

A brick load of bandaging there.

That doesn't look like the aftermath of a minor arthroscopy or some such.

They don't bandage after an ACL - it needs to be kept moving/not allowed to seize up after one of them.

My guess from the scraps of evidence would be more something to do with the kneecap itself?

I'd guess a Meniscal Cartilage Tear. Whatever it is, I don't think we'll see him again this season, at least not until the end of April or May.

They don't bandage after an ACL - it needs to be kept moving/not allowed to seize up after one of them.

My guess from the scraps of evidence would be more something to do with the kneecap itself?

I've no idea what the injury was. But I can't believe that it's a minor operation if his leg is so heavily and extensively bandaged.

I'd guess a Meniscal Cartilage Tear. Whatever it is, I don't think we'll see him again this season, at least not until the end of April or May.

Knowing our luck with injuries, I would agree. Luckily we do have Parker, but I wonder if this means we may well see Holtby arriving in January

Gutted if it is this bad but perhaps we need to get Holtby in now? I don't think Parker and Livermore are a viable long term option.

Just to clarify, Parker in for Sandro and see how Holtby performs.

I'd take that. That's a 6-8 weeker for an amateur, less for a pro.

ACL (6 months) is worse case scenario, but it doesn't seem like one of those.

Patella fracture (3-4 months) or Cartilage (6 weeks) seem more likely.

If Sandro is definitely out for a while, it is obviously fairly dreadful use.

Before he was injured, we were walking a tightrope in regards to our midfield, now I'm not even sure how you'd describe what we're doing. I've always stuck up for Livermore on here and do rate him, but him and Huddlestone just aren't good enough back ups and will affect our results severly for the worse if we rely on either them.

I do think Verts will see a fair amount of time in midfield

Terrible news on his season's form but have to remember that Parker was first choice for us last season and we finished 4th. He was exceptional killing everything in midfield but Harry ran him into the ground. Hopefully as he's only just come back that won't happen this season! Parker and Dembele is still a great midfield but we have had such horrendous luck with injuries this season almost as bad as Saudi Sportswashing Machine- it's amazing we're still up there in the top 4!

Back