• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: Sandro - Legend

Terrible news on his season's form but have to remember that Parker was first choice for us last season and we finished 4th. He was exceptional killing everything in midfield but Harry ran him into the ground. Hopefully as he's only just come back that won't happen this season! Parker and Dembele is still a great midfield but we have had such horrendous luck with injuries this season almost as bad as Saudi Sportswashing Machine- it's amazing we're still up there in the top 4!

He had Modric next to him though.

I like Parker but the biggest disappointment with the Sandro news is the fact that it's splitting up the Sandro/Dembele partnership. I'm not saying it's Parkers fault as I thought Mbia did a good job on Dembele at QPR but Parker/Dembele really didn't look good against QPR. I mean they played together for what, 65 odd minutes? and it was one of Dembeles worst games for us.

Parker was our POTY last season and made captain by England as well - after spending a while on the sidelines Im sure he is itching to get back on the picth and show the manager what he can do. as long as he can stay fit then i think he will do us a fantastic job whilst Sandro is injured and we shouldn't feel his absence that much

I've no idea what the injury was. But I can't believe that it's a minor operation if his leg is so heavily and extensively bandaged.

Just the difference between NHS and genuine patient care IMHO.

Don't think many are doubting Parker's eagerness, it's more what happens if he gets injured. With FA cup Europa league and PL games coming up it's looking like it might be a bit too much a bit too soon for him to be relied on.

Terrible news... Typical, probably our best performer so far.

Just when him and Dembele were looking stronger and stronger.

Parker can do a very good job but he just aint as sharp as Sandro. Sandro was a beast this season. Thats our luck...

He had Modric next to him though.

I like Parker but the biggest disappointment with the Sandro news is the fact that it's splitting up the Sandro/Dembele partnership. I'm not saying it's Parkers fault as I thought Mbia did a good job on Dembele at QPR but Parker/Dembele really didn't look good against QPR. I mean they played together for what, 65 odd minutes? and it was one of Dembeles worst games for us.

I agree partly, but it was also the best defensive performance we've come up against this season. We will not meet such a hard-working midfield again for quite a while.

Parker and Dembele don't look comfortable covering for each other quite yet, but that's only natural. Given time, I expect that will change as they learn each other's tendencies and movement on and off the ball. What's important, though (at least in terms of our current setup), is that Parker understands what made Sandro so effective, i.e his bullish refusal to give up on a tackle. Parker tends to pressure the opponent for a limited time and then drop off to cover a passing avenue. It's the 'cerebral' thing to do. However, I feel Dembele already does that job quite well, which is why Sandro flying into tackles (which his skill allowed him to win) didn't overly affect our shape our solidity. Can Parker adapt to do what Sandro did, or will we see a different tactical approach? That will be the genuinely interesting question, imo.

Terrible news on his season's form but have to remember that Parker was first choice for us last season and we finished 4th. He was exceptional killing everything in midfield but Harry ran him into the ground. Hopefully as he's only just come back that won't happen this season! Parker and Dembele is still a great midfield but we have had such horrendous luck with injuries this season almost as bad as Saudi Sportswashing Machine- it's amazing we're still up there in the top 4!

Parker was quality against QPR, he's up for the physical battle however he just doesn't have the muscle of Sandro to compete with other beasts that we are seeing more regularly in the premier league. He would struggle to keep up or outfight the likes of Yaya and Fellaini purely because he's not as big or quick as them. We could always have Dembele doing the dirty work and sign a creative CM?

If we don't bring Holtby in this January and instead choose to rely on Parker keeping fit for the rest of the season then we're utter macarons who have no right to complain if Parker gets injured too.

Parker was quality against QPR, he's up for the physical battle however he just doesn't have the muscle of Sandro to compete with other beasts that we are seeing more regularly in the premier league. He would struggle to keep up or outfight the likes of Yaya and Fellaini purely because he's not as big or quick as them. We could always have Dembele doing the dirty work and sign a creative CM?

I think it is more than just a physical issue. What sets Sandro apart is the way he reads the game. You don't make that many interceptions in a season without reading play. He also has excellent ball control and is extremely comfortable on the ball. Parker is a great replacement, but he doesn't have the cutting edge and quality Sandro has.

If we don't bring Holtby in this January and instead choose to rely on Parker keeping fit for the rest of the season then we're utter macarons who have no right to complain if Parker gets injured too.

It would be madness to hope Scotties stays fit for the rest of the season. Worth paying a few bucks to get Holtby in now.

Does this mean we go for Moussa Sissoko now? That's what I read on Twitter from a good source.

A few years ago he looked neck-a-neck with Sandro. These days he's more on a par with Livermore. Capoue carries him in that midfield.

I think it is more than just a physical issue. What sets Sandro apart is the way he reads the game. You don't make that many interceptions in a season without reading play. He also has excellent ball control and is extremely comfortable on the ball. Parker is a great replacement, but he doesn't have the cutting edge and quality Sandro has.
I agree, I was parker's biggest critic last season but he has stepped it up in his decision making and does less of those silly turns and one two passes with the centrebacks. Sandro will always have that Gerrard like ability to drive and play a decent attacking pass, so our play does become less fluent.
Moussa needs to step up to the plate and drive us forward.

Back