• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Absolutely.

It would be lekker if Lewis was an Abramovich-lite even but he ain't so until he sells we just have to accept (and criticise) what we have but just think there is a bigger perspective of where we could have been instead.

From what I remember he played a 4231 at the Saints? Rodriquez on the left-wing?

Rodriguez played upfront with Lambert and Lambert, Osvaldo and Rodriguez played upfront together at times.

No way is or was Rodriguez a winger. He might have drifted out there at times but he was mostly central.

Lallana had a free role.

No way is or was Rodriguez a winger. He might have drifted out there at times but he was mostly central.
Transfermarkt disagrees

As does Whoscored

And these images:

2014%2F4%2FJayRod.jpg

Heatmap-Attacking.png

Last edited:
That's not a winger though is it, the biggest heat-map is central, just outside the penalty box to the left of centre. Points to him playing as the left-sided forward in a two or three if you ask me!

That's not a winger though is it, the biggest heat-map is central, just outside the penalty box to the left of centre. Points to him playing as the left-sided forward in a two or three if you ask me!

As does 15 goals but only 3 assists. Definately a striker.

And here's his defensive heat map:

Heatmap-Defending-1.png

You'll struggle to find a more perfect example of a wide forward.

Unless you're a 4-4-2 fanatic, people will use winger/wide forward interchangeably. Let's not get hung up on that again.

Rodriguez used to be striker, but Poch preferred using him as a LWF, typically the inverted type

So to summarise, no one knows what is going on behind the scenes or if we are even interested in signing him. Therefore no one has the licence to whinge....

Anyone can whinge as much as they like.

But if their whinging is based on unsubstantiated claims, they cannot demand that others don't call them out on it.

That's fair enough, surely?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 'We don't know' what is happening, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. After the window closes and we're left with a Stambouli and a Fazio (as we were last season), 'we don't know' if Poch wanted them as first choice or not, so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic. Then, when those same players are sold on after a single unproductive season with nary a second look by Poch, well, 'we don't know' why Poch sold them so we can't comment on it, and anyone who does so must be pounced upon as an unbeliever and a heretic.

And when the 'proof' you seek is provided by former managers queuing up to denounce the club's behind-the-scenes activity in the press? 'Oh, well they're obviously lying to make themselves look better'. And that can be believed 100% despite still not knowing what went on behind the scenes.

Curious thing, hypocrisy. Sigh.

No one has said that you or anyone else can't whinge to your heart's content. If that's what you want to do, go ahead and knock yourself out. No hypocrisy on my part.

But don't expect everyone else just to take your whinging as gospel and refrain from commenting on it or demanding some evidence.

Not the point. If, like jimmyb, one is willing to rag people on this forum for holding opinions without 'knowing what goes on' behind the scenes, but is perfectly willing to disbelieve what evidence is provided without knowing what goes on behind the scenes, then one's a tad hypocritcial, plain and simple. That's all. Little to do with Levy or Berahino (who, for what it's worth, I think will sign before the window closes).

I'm sick of some people acting sanctimonious and holier-than-thou with people who support the same damn team they do, even going to the extent of relentlessly haranguing those people for daring to be upset by a loss. At the start of what's supposed to be a good season, that's revolting to witness.

Arf!

And you presume to accuse others of hypocrisy? Priceless!

And what evidence is it, exactly, that you think I "disbelieve". I'm intrigued.

Taking a step back and thinking about this, I still have a very hard time imagining West Brom selling him for anything less than 25 million pounds. It's just not worth it to them. They need to survive to assure themselves that 2016-2017 EPL TV money, which is going to be 100+ million pounds, so keeping Berahino for another year and selling him on for a little less than what they'd get from us now would make more sense to me than selling him to us at 15 million and buying Rondon with no EPL experience as his replacement. Pulis isn't afraid to spend and West Brom did engage in about 17 million pounds net spending, so they could buy Rondon, sell Ideye, and probably be around that mark again with a much better, deeper squad. Now, if you start talking about an offer in the 25-30 million pound range, where you can hedge your bets a bet financially, then it probably makes sense to sell.

I think if we're not prepared to go above 15 million, it'll be a very difficult deal to do, unless Berahino really agitates for the move (all indications from Pulis are he's be very professional thus far). I like Berahino though, especially for his shooting ability with his right foot, which is an asset against teams that park the bus.

Doesn't he only have 2 years remaining on his contract? In which case, if WBA hang on to him for a further season, his value will be more than a "little less" next summer. With a mere year remaining on his contract, his value will be no more than £10m, I'd have thought. I would also guess that he will start acting up if WBA refuse him his move this summer. And we all know how that usually ends.

I think a bid of £18-20m will do it.

Back