• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Must admit Soldado has kind of crept beneath my radar. Don't really know much about him (other than the stats, which are pretty damn good in truth, but they can sometimes be deceiving). With the president of Valencia himself saying we've made a bid and "aren't far off" their valuation, it does look like this is more than ITK flimflam and paper talk. So even though I admit I don't know much about the guy, I'm trusting that AVB and Baldini probably do. So if the deal goes through... Paulinho, Chadli and Soldado... pretty good summer so far.

Exciting times to be a Spurs fan.

This guy is the nuts. I would have liked Villa and had no objections to Benteke (except the price) but if we can get this over the line he will be an absolute superb signing.

For whose benifit though? It would be a strange thing to agree on for either of them if they didn't both have something to genuinely gain.

From Marca..

What Valencia wants is a striker similar to Soldado, who was signed for €10 million from Getafe in 2010. Someone like PSG player, Kevin Gameiro. The problem is that Sevilla is already at an advanced stage in their negotiations to sign the Frenchman.

Portugal's Helder Postiga could be a second option to strengthen the attack, along with Ruben Rochina who plays for Wigan.

gulp!

For whose benifit though? It would be a strange thing to agree on for either of them if they didn't both have something to genuinely gain.

Valencia making sure that the press gets the news out to make sure that other clubs that might show an interest gets to know that we're in negotiations with Valencia so that they can swoop in with a bid if they want to?

---------------------------------

Baldini: Yeah, I'll be over in a couple of hours. I'll book a car from the airport and meet you in your office.
Valencia rep: No mate, don't worry. We'll send a car to pick you up. See you later.

Later, in the car:
Baldini: This isn't the way to the Mestalla?
Driver: Not to worry mister Baldini sir, the boss man will meet you at top hotel in city, perfect place.

Later in the hotel:

Baldini: What's up? A hotel? That's a bit... odd...
Valencia rep: Yeah, I was feeling hungry, just seemed like a better idea to have the meeting here so I could have some paella, tapas, cheese, ham and sangria.
Baldini: Your food choices are awfully stereotypical, but alright.
Waiter: Here you go sirs, I have your reserved table right here by this big old window. Perfect place.
Baldini: Is there someone in the bushes out there?

So levy can say at least he tried when we start this season with a strikeforce of Defoe and Adepaymemore.

Valencia making sure that the press gets the news out to make sure that other clubs that might show an interest gets to know that we're in negotiations with Valencia so that they can swoop in with a bid if they want to?

---------------------------------

Baldini: Yeah, I'll be over in a couple of hours. I'll book a car from the airport and meet you in your office.
Valencia rep: No mate, don't worry. We'll send a car to pick you up. See you later.

Later, in the car:
Baldini: This isn't the way to the Mestalla?
Driver: Not to worry mister Baldini sir, the boss man will meet you at top hotel in city, perfect place.

Later in the hotel:

Baldini: What's up? A hotel? That's a bit... odd...
Valencia rep: Yeah, I was feeling hungry, just seemed like a better idea to have the meeting here so I could have some paella, tapas, cheese, ham and sangria.
Baldini: Your food choices are awfully stereotypical, but alright.
Waiter: Here you go sirs, I have your reserved table right here by this big old window. Perfect place.
Baldini: Is there someone in the bushes out there
?
LOL

I like

[video=youtube;qb3YfYVJoJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qb3YfYVJoJY[/video]

We all know YouTube can make Carlton Cole look like Messi if the edits are done right, but that's a pretty damn impressive compilation. Officially excited now.

Incidentally; anyone know what the music is? Second time I've heard the track recently but not managed to find out what it is.

EDIT: Used Soundhound... turns out it's 'Sail' by AWOLNATION in case anyone else is wondering.

Last edited:
well lets see what tomorrow brings.......would be massively impressed if we get this one over the line..... was massively gutted over benteke but you cant argue with 60 goals in three seasons as a striker.......im am waiting to be shocked.......this could be our statement of the window......

GHod damn papers I should know better than to get this excited....... but if the guy can replicate his scoring from la liga to epl .........fudge me .......exciting times.....

We all know YouTube can make Carlton Cole look like Messi if the edits are done right, but that's a pretty damn impressive compilation. Officially excited now.

Incidentally; anyone know what the music is? Second time I've heard the track recently but not managed to find out what it is.

EDIT: Used Soundhound... turns out it's 'Sail' by AWOLNATION in case anyone else is wondering.

It says it right there in the video description.

About the music.

At several points he sings "I blame it on my ADD, baby" or something like that.

At first I heard it as "I blame it on my AVB, baby". Let's hope it's not a bad omen ;)

this would be time for baldini to prove his mettle.
i'm not sure valencia can offer the same financial benefits as the mighty spur, but i can imagine that they create an auction to get the most money out of a player of soldado's quality.

well lets see what tomorrow brings.......would be massively impressed if we get this one over the line..... was massively gutted over benteke but you cant argue with 60 goals in three seasons as a striker.......im am waiting to be shocked.......this could be our statement of the window......

GHod damn papers I should know better than to get this excited....... but if the guy can replicate his scoring from la liga to epl .........fudge me .......exciting times.....

I for one would hate to see your eternal optimism and giddiness on here be thwarted once again in our attempts to secure that elusive striker.

Do it for Nigeyman Levy!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/23/tottenham-roberto-soldado-valencia

Tottenham 'not far' from sealing deal for Valencia's Roberto Soldado

Tottenham Hotspur last night moved close to a deal to sign the Valencia striker Roberto Soldado. The Valencia president, Amadeo Salvo, admitted that the London club are "not far" from meeting the €30m (£26m) asking price which matches Soldado's official buy-out clause. Valencia would accept that figure as an agreement rather than an imposition, saving Spurs from having to pay tax on the fee.

Tottenham's director of football, Franco Baldini, travelled to Valencia on Monday morning, where he was met by Soldado's agent Alberto Toldrá. He then held meetings with Salvo in the afternoon, during which Spurs are understood to have improved their original bid of €24m.

The 28-year-old, who had previously admitted he would like to play in the Premier League and has been on the verge of leaving Valencia before, notably to Marseilles, has agreed terms in principle. He would earn around £3m a year.

On Monday morning the Valencia manager Miroslav Djukic had said: "I think Roberto is going to stay with us, although you can't rule anything out. I don't think anyone will pay the buy-out clause.

"From the start we've said that Soldado isn't for sale and that the only way he could go is that someone comes in, pays the clause and the player accepts to go."

But Baldini's visit puts a different complexion on the situation. Spurs will resist paying €30m and their chairman, Daniel Levy, has a reputation as a tough negotiator, prepared for talks to become drawn out in pursuit of the right price, while Valencia's financial crisis means that they have to sell. Soldado would follow David Silva, Juan Mata and David Villa in leaving the club.

If Spurs meet the buy-out clause, Valencia will be able to present the transfer as something that they were unable to prevent. Even if Spurs do not meet the official €30m valuation, the Spanish club believe that a deal is virtually inevitable now.

Sources in Spain suggest that there has been interest from Liverpool, too, but that only Spurs have made a formal offer. Valencia have a board meeting on Tuesday, at which they could officially approve the transfer if an agreement is reached.

"There has been contact during which Valencia have communicated [to Spurs] that we want the €30m," Salvo said. "Tottenham's mission is to get the player at the best possible price and Valencia's [mission] is to get those €30m.

"There's not much margin [for negotiation] now. For the deal to be closed, two things have to happen: for the lad to want to go and for the price that Valencia demand to be met. Then the board would study it."

Soldado began his career at Real Madrid and has scored 82 goals in 141 games for Valencia, having hit over 17 league goals a season for each of the last three years. He is a Spain international, with six goals in 11 appearances. But, although he was included in the squad for the Confederations Cup, he is by no means guaranteed a place at next summer's World Cup.

Soldado would become Tottenham's second major summer signing after the Brazil midfielder Paulinho. It would also be significant for them to hold on to Gareth Bale. "The manager has come out and said he's staying and that's great news," the defender Michael Dawson told Sky Sports News. "To do what Gaz did last year was sensational – some of the goals he scored and the points he won for us."

Back