• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

We need 3 strikers

I don't think either Defoe or Adebayor will be too happy sitting on the bench as 2ndd choice all season and absolutely no chance they'll accept being 3rd choice. If we sign Soldado and we are intending on sticking with 1 striker up front, one will have to be moved on and we'll have to bring in someone who is willing to be 3rd choice (ie probably a younger player)

So 20m net spend? exactly what Brainclipse said too. Nothing close to the 50m you think we're able to do now.

that's what i thought we would spend not what i thought we could

;)

edit : in fairness it was a pretty pointless quote as it's not really that relevant to the debate about whether or not i was saying back then that i think we can spend big money - just didn't want to return empty handed...

Do you reckon with Chadli on board and his flexibility, we could get away with two?

Seems like a good idea to me. If we keep Dempsey that's another option for the striker role if we get desperate.

Keeping 3 or more established strikers happy playing a system with a lone striker is very difficult even for the biggest clubs around.

We need 3 strikers

Keep Dempsey. Or buy Bernard and use Chadli. Or buy a prospect.

Defoe will kick off big time if he's third choice for one place. He'll bring in £5-6m, and the rest of the window will be about us recouping on players like him, Parker, Hudd etc.

We need two #9s.. hopefully Pato will be next and then ask Real to loan that kid striker Morata who would be a solid 3rd choice. Then get rid of Adebayor.

8a0CYci.jpg

Er...wake me up before you go go?

Keep Dempsey. Or buy Bernard and use Chadli. Or buy a prospect.

Defoe will kick off big time if he's third choice for one place. He'll bring in £5-6m, and the rest of the window will be about us recouping on players like him, Parker, Hudd etc.

Jesus mate, know you don't like JD, but £5-6m? I'd be very surprised if we couldn't get £10m for him

Spurspanyol ‏@spurspanyol 1m

@Spooky23 It's not me, it's Cadena Ser. They are very reliable with very close links to the club. I've not once put #ITK. ;-)

The fact that the board are meeting tomorrow to discuss it shows that Salvo is more or less happy with the deal.

I don't think it will be 26M€ upfront. Just that we WILL pay 26M€ over say.. the next 2/3 years. Initial payment will be around 18M

It seems like we've done all we can now. I have a feeling this deal could be signed and sealed tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Are people trusting this interpretation of the situation?

It's amazing how much depth we have when you take into considering where players can be put:

Dempsey can play left, right or centre.
Bale can play left, right or centre.
Lennon can play left or right
Townsend can play left or right
Chadli can play left right or centre
Holtby can play left right or centre
Sigurdsson can play left right centre

Just give them Adebayor for EUR10m and take Soldado for EUR26m

EUR16 net spend and we get that lazy clown shoe out of our beloved club

Just give them Adebayor for EUR10m and take Soldado for EUR26m

EUR16 net spend and we get that lazy clown shoe out of our beloved club

As great as that sounds you do realise the club we are negotiating with have to actually want Ade?

Well Rebic and the Benfica pair Oliveira and Rodrigo are the main ones we've been linked with.

Personally though, considering how good our defence and midfield are now, I just can't see us going into the season without an elite CF. It would be like having an 18" **** with erectile disfunction.

We've got 6 weeks of the window left to work solidly on that one task now.

LOL

I think we have an elite CF..if we can get eliter let's do it.

Dempsey can play left, right or centre.
Bale can play left, right or centre.
Lennon can play left or right
Townsend can play left or right
Chadli can play left right or centre
Holtby can play left right or centre
Sigurdsson can play left right centre

That's a terrible song.

Jesus mate, know you don't like JD, but £5-6m? I'd be very surprised if we couldn't get £10m for him

He's nearly 31. A year younger than Villa. Even with English-player premium, there's no way Defoe will go for much more than Villa did.

Greg Stobart @gstobart

bob a

That was a phone in pocket accidental tweet, not a coded message about Soldado haha

fudge it man, £20m... ain't our money... well sort of. Anyway speculate to accumulate. We could win the dam league if we push this through.

Back