• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

How long has he been out for now? If we get a decent offer from Saudi then I’d take it personally. Had multiple spells on the sidelines last season.
Since early May I think, he missed our last 3 games and has missed pre-season so far, so nearing 3 months of it’s the same issue (hamstring).

Can’t see him going now, especially to Saudi.

The intriguing thing about Clive Allen is that he wasn’t the fastest strongest tallest trickiest or able to blast it or score curlers or freekicks or anything special over his whole career, but we set up chances for him one year and he stuck them away so tidily.

E.g. Lankshear or Donley or Solanke or Johnson or whomever may not be the best at anything on paper but might just score a load of chances
Yep. Always felt that Clive was something of a one trick pony, but that one trick was also very deadly. He never worried about being closely marked in and around the box because on receiving the ball he could in one swift movement swivel and turn his opponent then instantly fire into the corner before anyone knew what was happening. Helped that he had the likes of GHod, Chrissie Waddle, Tony Galvin and Steve Hodge to ply him with chances of course.

Never seen any striker work that one so often or so effectively since. Maybe because these days they'd still have two/three more defenders to beat first.

IF and it's still a big if, he goes, we absolutely have to sign a centre forward of proven quality. I'm not convinced by Solanke. He's had one good season, apart from that his numbers have been fairly unimpressive. Don't know who else is attainable though.

Solanke will be our main CF target I'd have thought, wouldn't expect a bigger target to emerge off the back of Richarlson moving on (if he does)

IF and it's still a big if, he goes, we absolutely have to sign a centre forward of proven quality. I'm not convinced by Solanke. He's had one good season, apart from that his numbers have been fairly unimpressive. Don't know who else is attainable though.

Even if we don't sell Richy I think we need someone so I would be surprised if it was just a one out one in approach if he does move on.

A totally brick 1st season but then a much better season whilst being disrupted by injuries, I still don't see us moving him on but if he goes and Sokanke comes in it seems like a lot of effort to remain around the same level of quality.

We need more strength in depth not to just remain where we are. It's not easy as fees are a bit nuts, I'd have been happy with Fulkrieg as an experienced option to mix it up off the bench but apparently a 31 year old who isn't a world star by any means sets you back 30+ million...

I don't see us bringing in 2 strikers if we move him on.

Kulusevski and probably Lankshear will cover with someone else on the RW coming in.

I'd love Richarlison and Solanke. I don't think just swapping them is enough. If we could get £80m for Richie, then I'd like to sign someone like Jonathan David along with Solanke.

I'd love Richarlison and Solanke. I don't think just swapping them is enough. If we could get £80m for Richie, then I'd like to sign someone like Jonathan David along with Solanke.
I doubt we will get more for richy than we paid
but I do agree we need more than one option there
David and solanke would be default be an upgrade on just richy
Keeping richy and solanke again would be great for options
I think it will be solanke/new striker and new winger type and we sell richy
That’s just my opinion

Back