• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

"We, the Presidents of the EU member states: the Republic of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, the Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Poland, the Slovak Republic, and the Republic of Slovenia strongly believe that Ukraine deserves receiving an immediate EU accession perspective," the letter said."

Accession means (in this instance) joining. Does it not?

And "perspective" means?

Russia is and has never been a democracy. Today it is a kleptocracy. Basically the Russian mafia run the place.

Well described in this fun read:

524002._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

I think you have missed the point or adjusted it to suit your needs. It has been common across many different platforms for years that if someone mentions Hitler then people and usually people with opposition views will seek to shut them down. Not particularly against it. But that is how it has been for a very long time.

If so, ludicrous. The ONLY way we avoid Hitlers is to learn from how he came to be.

If so, ludicrous. The ONLY way we avoid Hitlers is to learn from how he came to be.

Most people agree with this.

The point about Godwin's law is perfectly aligned with that.

It's more a comment on the general level of discourse, particularly online.

Comparisons to Hitler when it isn't warranted isn't learning from history. It's using a part of history as a rhetorical device and sometimes antithetical to learning from history.

But of course "Godwin's law", like all types of discourse gets misused and abused.

I agree and outside of established sex venues the is no need for man to dominate man. Yet I am always disappointed that men and women in the case of Thatcher still want to. My loathing of authority is the cornerstone and foundation to all my political beliefs.

How do I bet on a Russian civil war? I think it’s nailed on. Mass desertions of troops, Kyiv-friendly FSB agents providing tips about the location of Chechen forces to Ukrainian bombers, oligarchs unable to go on holiday . . . This is 1917, not 1939.

Ukraine’s fudged and Kyiv likely gets levelled, but this ends badly for the troll farms and state-backed cyber extortion groups. Russia, in the words of that venerable statesman Gavin Williamson, looks very likely to shut up and go away. Alexei Navalny in charge, with at least a decade to go before he starts sending Boxer to the abbatoir and changing the words to Beasts of England.

it is funny, but not helpful

also, maybe not best to draw attention to the fact of why they were fighting the Russians there…
The Finns have fought the Russians multiple times, for different reasons. But you're right, Last time the cause wasn't glorious.

How do I bet on a Russian civil war? I think it’s nailed on. Mass desertions of troops, Kyiv-friendly FSB agents providing tips about the location of Chechen forces to Ukrainian bombers, oligarchs unable to go on holiday . . . This is 1917, not 1939.

Ukraine’s fudged and Kyiv likely gets levelled, but this ends badly for the troll farms and state-backed cyber extortion groups. Russia, in the words of that venerable statesman Gavin Williamson, looks very likely to shut up and go away. Alexei Navalny in charge, with at least a decade to go before he starts sending Boxer to the abbatoir and changing the words to hunks of burning love of England.

Yep think it is most likely that he gets taken down from within.

Back