• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Putin & Russia

Biden may come across as dithering but he has been very effective. Maybe for a different thread.
At home he's taken some easy wins.

In the big stuff that matters, like Ukraine, he's been worse than useless. First he accidentally lets slip that a smaller incursion would be ignored, then he tells Putin he can do whatever the fudge he wants for a month.

At home he's taken some easy wins.

In the big stuff that matters, like Ukraine, he's been worse than useless. First he accidentally lets slip that a smaller incursion would be ignored, then he tells Putin he can do whatever the fudge he wants for a month.
I couldn't disagree more with all of that.

I couldn't disagree more with all of that.
So he didn't tell everyone to wait a month to see what sanctions did? He didn't accidentally say that the US wouldn't react to a "minor" incursion into Ukraine?

Because he definitely did both of those things, I've seen video of him making those sounds with his mouth.

He can read out words from an autocue when the crisis is overwhelming enough for the idiot Number 10 spads to cede control to expert speechwriters in the FCDO. That doesn’t make the shifty narcissistic clam a statesman.

He's done well in the House too.
Probably because he isn't trying to navigate his way around his pack of lies, so he isn't the target.

He is hideous in general. But so was Churchill..... except for in very specific circumstances.
That's probably why he is doing well - he is "playing" Churchill in his mind.

Oh and fudge Germany btw. They should be ashamed of themselves and their membership of both NATO and the G7 should be seriously under consideration over this.

They have Ukrainian blood all over their greedy hands.

Oh and fudge Germany btw. They should be ashamed of themselves and their membership of both NATO and the G7 should be seriously under consideration over this.

They have Ukrainian blood all over their greedy hands.
I couldn’t believe it when I read this a short while ago, WTAF!!

Posted at 17:5417:54
Germany lifts block on sending weapons to Ukraine
Damian McGuiness

BBC News in Berlin

Germany has dropped its block on the delivery of German-made lethal weapons to Ukraine via third countries.

The move means the Netherlands will be able to send German 400 rocket-propelled grenade launchers to Ukraine.

It marks a major shift in German policy and could allow an increase of European military assistance to Ukraine as many weapons in Europe are at least partly German-manufactured, which means Berlin has a say on their use and export.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has repeatedly referred to this policy in recent weeks when refusing to deliver lethal weapons to Ukraine.

I couldn’t believe it when I read this a short while ago, WTAF!!

Posted at 17:5417:54
Germany lifts block on sending weapons to Ukraine
Damian McGuiness

BBC News in Berlin

Germany has dropped its block on the delivery of German-made lethal weapons to Ukraine via third countries.

The move means the Netherlands will be able to send German 400 rocket-propelled grenade launchers to Ukraine.

It marks a major shift in German policy and could allow an increase of European military assistance to Ukraine as many weapons in Europe are at least partly German-manufactured, which means Berlin has a say on their use and export.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has repeatedly referred to this policy in recent weeks when refusing to deliver lethal weapons to Ukraine.
Yep.

Not just refusing to send their own weapons but blocking others from sending weapons that had any German parts in them. To top it all off they blocked the RAF from flying over German airspace to deliver weapons to Ukraine.

So he didn't tell everyone to wait a month to see what sanctions did? He didn't accidentally say that the US wouldn't react to a "minor" incursion into Ukraine?

Because he definitely did both of those things, I've seen video of him making those sounds with his mouth.
So Biden saying sanctions won't work overnight is his big mistake? Hardly contentious at all. I'm sorry these examples are fox news barrel-scraping criticisms. Back in the real world he has ramped up NATO presence in Eastern allies, given millions in additional military aid to Ukraine and sanctioned the fudge out of Putinsphere. Herding all Nato cats in more or less the one direction is a minor miracle according to nat sec commentators. It has not been perfect by any means but considering the fluidity of the situation he's done fine.

Imagine the scenario if Trump had been reelected. At this juncture we'd all be either vaporised or trying to learn Russian on Duolingo.

Last edited:
So Biden saying sanctions won't work overnight is his big mistake? Hardly contentious at all. I'm sorry these examples are fox news barrel-scraping criticisms. Back in the real world he has ramped up NATO presence in Eastern allies, given millions in additional military aid to Ukraine and sanctioned the fudge out of Putinsphere. Herding all Nato cats in more or less the one direction is a minor miracle according to nat sec commentators. It has not been perfect but any means but considering the fluidity of the situation he's done fine.

Imagine the scenario if Trump had been reelected. At this juncture we'd all be either vaporised or trying to learn Russian on Duolingo.
Biden said to see where the sanctions were getting us in a month. Ukraine doesn't have a month. He's dithering.

Putin wouldn't have invaded with Trump in charge as he's too unpredictable. The right result for the wrong reasons.

I sincerely doubt Harris would be dithering like this, she appears capable of making decisions.

Abramovich one step ahead putting chelsea in hands of a charity. If there is one thing more dodge than Russia it is how people abuse charitable status in the UK. Seem to be plenty of charity vehicles for rich people to keep various concerns safe and undertaxed.

Biden said to see where the sanctions were getting us in a month. Ukraine doesn't have a month. He's dithering.

Putin wouldn't have invaded with Trump in charge as he's too unpredictable. The right result for the wrong reasons.

I sincerely doubt Harris would be dithering like this, she appears capable of making decisions.
I read the whole exchange and in context it sounds fine. It is a nothing burger. It barely got a mention at all in the WaPo.

Putin would have invaded at some point and with his asset in charge and it would have been far easier.
"This is genius," Trump said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine ... Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful."

Trump had openly stated his desire to pull the US out of NATO. He had already reduced troop numbers in Europe and had pulled out of the Open Skies agreement (after he lost the election!). The invasion timeline might have changed but I doubt Putin's desire to take Ukraine would have.

I read the whole exchange and in context it sounds fine. It is a nothing burger. It barely got a mention at all in the WaPo.

Putin would have invaded at some point and with his asset in charge and it would have been far easier.
"This is genius," Trump said. "Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine ... Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful."

Trump had openly stated his desire to pull the US out of NATO. He had already reduced troop numbers in Europe and had pulled out of the Open Skies agreement (after he lost the election!). The invasion timeline might have changed but I doubt Putin's desire to take Ukraine would have.
Why all the comparisons to Trump?

If Biden's best measure of success is "better than Trump" then he's worse than I thought.

Back