• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Speaking of Niko, wasn't there some rumour yesterday of Harry trying to get him in from Dynamo Kiev??

Strange one if that happens

I wouldn't be shocked. Kranjcar is a decent player and Harry always rated him. Kranjcar didn't work out at Spurs because Bale emerged, but at QPR they don't have a Bale on the left.....

I wouldn't be shocked. Kranjcar is a decent player and Harry always rated him. Kranjcar didn't work out at Spurs because Bale emerged, but at QPR they don't have a Bale on the left.....

The guy that stuck him on the bench and never played him?

Yeah.. sure Harry rated him..

I think he signed him twice? Both for us and for Pompey.

I think Redknapp rated him, but knew that he wasn't quite top 4 material, or at least not as good as Bale or VdV.

There were similar comments about Reknapp not rating Taarabt, but turns out there was no real problem between them.

I think he signed him twice? Both for us and for Pompey.

I think Redknapp rated him, but knew that he wasn't quite top 4 material, or at least not as good as Bale or VdV.

There were similar comments about Reknapp not rating Taarabt, but turns out there was no real problem between them.

Was easily good enough, was just never match fit due to the lack of rotation policy.

Already done it twice, i think he'll have learned imo.

Was easily good enough, was just never match fit due to the lack of rotation policy.

Already done it twice, i think he'll have learned imo.

I can agree with the first part to some extent. While he wasn't close to Bale, he could have been a useful player to have in the squad if he had been getting games more regularly.

What do you mean by done it twice and learned? Didn't he play very regularly and did well for Pompey?

I don't think he will sign him, with Taarabt already there I'm not sure if they need another player who struggles to get back.

What did you want him to do? Bale was and is better. Agreed would have been nice to see more of Kranjcar, but how many games realistically would you have liked him to start/come off the bench?

What did you want him to do? Bale was and is better. Agreed would have been nice to see more of Kranjcar, but how many games realistically would you have liked him to start/come off the bench?

Why is the fact bale is better on the left relevant?

I would have played him behind the striker when VDV was injured, because he always impressed more from AM than from the LW imo.

Why is the fact bale is better on the left relevant?

I would have played him behind the striker when VDV was injured, because he always impressed more from AM than from the LW imo.

Why play someone who's naturally good in VDV's role when you can rearrange the entire first team to cover one injury?

As much as Vertonghen plays in the same position as Bae.

Look Krancjar was a good player and I was a little sad to see him leave, but lets not make him out to be something he's not like he's some world class player that big, bad Harry upset and has gone on to do great things.

Look Krancjar was a good player and I was a little sad to see him leave, but lets not make him out to be something he's not like he's some world class player that big, bad Harry upset and has gone on to do great things.

I've not said anywhere that he is world class.

I'm not quite sure where you are getting that from. :eek:

Just that he was a player we could have gotten far more of than we did, which was down to the manager.

I've not said anywhere that he is world class.

I'm not quite sure where you are getting that from. :eek:

Just that he was a player we could have gotten far more of than we did, which was down to the manager.

I accept we could have used him more, but he was never going to play regularly, which is ultimately what he wanted as we had better players than him. I also accept that Redknapp got things wrong. But he got more things right on the whole than wrong, but I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for saying that.

I accept we could have used him more, but he was never going to play regularly, which is ultimately what he wanted as we had better players than him. I also accept that Redknapp got things wrong. But he got more things right on the whole than wrong, but I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for saying that.

Nah you're right, he got more things right than he got wrong.

It's just that people focus more on what he did wrong because they would have done stuff differently. Whilst things he got right people would keep the same, so there's less room for discussion.

Fairly often for both Croatia and Portsmouth.

Did a good job there as sub for us once or twice too.

But he was always going to go eventually as we had better players than him and fair play to him because I admire players that want to play rather than being happy sitting on the bench for a top 4-6 club and collect their money.

Back