• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

His treatment of Corluka was absurd. A genuine international-class player who could've been vital for us at times last season and he couldn't be kept happy? You have to wonder...

Maybe he was tinkled off that Kyle Walker was being picked ahead of him, I know I would be if I was Corluka.

I dont know why we are still harping on about Harry v AVB (not aimed at you Jurgen mate) but seeing as this is STILL being discussed im gonna stick my oar in.

I think what you said is fairly untrue.

Firstly Harry DID finish top four (he may not have finished above Arse but finished top four) and I dont care who he finished below or above - top four was the aim he achieved it the same way AVB will have achieved it. Arse being poorer is not because of AVBs or Harrys abilities as a Manager.

Secondly AVB was left with a better team with much more clout than Harry had. Harry had a team that was lacking so much confidence, style, team ethic, energy etc. We were fairly brick under Ramos (regardless of the Carling Cup) AVB has started with a team much higher quality in terms players and style and a much more mentally and physically stronger team than when Harry had taken over.

Harry got us top four twice and a fifth place position - it was consistency that he brought with our league placings. AVB need to do the same for a couple of years as far as im concerned. He has started well though in terms of results and the team performances are getting there too

I disagree that Redknapp had more work to do. Redknapp himself said when talking about the qpr job that spurs were comparatively easy job for him as we had good players that were simply under performing. All he had to do was get them organised and motivated. He had Modric and Bale and later VDV. AVB only has one of those 3 and nobody of comparative quality to the other two. Even before VDV that's two genuine world-class players to work with rather than one.

Also he had King.

AVB also was getting a squad that performed like murder for the previous 5 months. Regardless of finishing 4th. Redknapp did a great job but he came into the job with no pressure as expectations were rock bottom. Keeping us up would have represented success whereas failure wouldn't have been his fault as it would have been pu down to the mess he inherited. As it happens he was inheriting a squad with a lot of talent that with a quick couple of additions swiftly made it highly competitive.

AVB however came into a situation that was the opposite. Anything less than a strong top 4 challenge = failure, the team shorn of two of it's best players with several others injured and main transfer deals completed after the season had started meaning he played all pre-season and the first few games with Defoe as the only recognised front man in the squad and Jake Livermore as first-choice midfielder! Plus you've got the fact that the media and half the fan base are in uproar about Harry being sacked and the task of following a very popular and successful manager. Throw into this the fact that the squad had been run into the ground and played like brick for the last 5 months of the previous season including ultimately losing out on CL football and being humiliated in the cup competitions...

Honestly it's complete horsebrick to suggest AVB got an easy number compared to redknapp. Why can't we move on anyway? I loved the job Harry did and would have been happy for him to still be manager. He isn't and I think AVB is doing a great job so far!

I know a fair few Chelsea fans who would rather have Redknapp right now.

How many would that be? I know a fair few myself because my gf's family are all Chelsea as are a couple of workmates and not one of them have requested HR to replace the fat waiter. Not many like Rafa though.

I wonder how Harry feels about doing business with us? Seems to me like a win-win (which is again all he needs!!) for both clubs.
Livermore, Townsend and Smith on loan..maybe Mason?

Anyway, getting back on topic I will bump myself.

His treatment of Corluka was absurd. A genuine international-class player who could've been vital for us at times last season and he couldn't be kept happy? You have to wonder...

I'be always rated Charlie but hindsight is a wonderful thing. You couldn't move for people on here at the beginning of last season who thought that he was too slow and a defensive liability.

Pretty much the only Spurs player I've disliked in years

Fat tub of lard could play a mean triangle with Lennon, but Christ he was a barge

Redknapp doesn't half tinkle me off at times. Now spouting off how he's been offered Sneider. It's fudging embarrassing, really.

Redknapp doesn't half tinkle me off at times. Now spouting off how he's been offered Sneider. It's fudging embarrassing, really.

i dont understand. is it the fact that he is talking at all? or that he is talking about sneijeder....

why is it embarrasing exactly

check out rhe quote

"I was offered him by an agent but I took it with a pinch of salt. It's not going to happen," Redknapp said. "How are we going to get Wesley Sneijder? What chance have you got? He was up there for world footballer of the year once. He's not going to be coming to QPR is he? I wouldn't see that one coming off, you have to be realistic."

i dont understand what the problem is

There is a long list of great players he has tinkled off.

Redknapp hasn't even managed a long list of great players, so surprised by that comment. Also name me a Manager that hasn't tinkled off players? And just because a players ego gets out of shape doesn't mean he was treated badly or is tinkled off with any sort of justification. Just look at Robbie Keane who throws his toys out of his pram and whines to the press within 39 seconds of not being picked....

By the time AVB is in his 60's, if he has a career that long, he'll have tinkled off a fair few too. Just look at Chelsea. All Managers have player fall outs and most of them on a very regular basis.

Probably true to be fair, and in this sense it is unfair to criticize him I suppose. Fair enough, point taken.

i dont understand. is it the fact that he is talking at all? or that he is talking about sneijeder....

why is it embarrasing exactly

check out rhe quote

"I was offered him by an agent but I took it with a pinch of salt. It's not going to happen," Redknapp said. "How are we going to get Wesley Sneijder? What chance have you got? He was up there for world footballer of the year once. He's not going to be coming to QPR is he? I wouldn't see that one coming off, you have to be realistic."

i dont understand what the problem is

It's embarrassing the amount of brick he comes out with. Why even mention Sneider there's no point! I'm in the 'I wanted Redknapp to stay' camp by the way but he really does love the sound of his own voice and I find it embarrassingly cringeworthy.

It's embarrassing the amount of brick he comes out with. Why even mention Sneider there's no point! I'm in the 'I wanted Redknapp to stay' camp by the way but he really does love the sound of his own voice and I find it embarrassingly cringeworthy.

Some of the things he's said I think have been uncalled for.

This is not one of them. Have to remember than him and other PL managers do tons of press conferences and interviews, they have to say something and they have to keep themselves entertained.

Back