• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

Do you wish he was still our manager? Yes or no?

No.
Come on, nobody wants him back.
And as somebody said in a previous post if you ask any other supporter of any other club that is fighting for the top none of them ever want Harry. Right now he is at his level.

No.
Come on, nobody wants him back.
And as somebody said in a previous post if you ask any other supporter of any other club that is fighting for the top none of them ever want Harry. Right now he is at his level.

Trust me when I say this question wasn't aimed at...you??????????????? :-k

I wonder how Harry feels about doing business with us? Seems to me like a win-win (which is again all he needs!!) for both clubs.
Livermore, Townsend and Smith on loan..maybe Mason?

[video=youtube;ctWS52IA_JY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ctWS52IA_JY#t=8s[/video][/QUOTE]

I think Harry is a good manager and, apart from the last few months of last season there is no denying he did very well for us. It is clearly not a given that AVB will do as well (I hope he does and I must say I like him a lot more). My main issues with HR were more to do with his personality. I don't think this video proves anything. Frank Lampard did go to the top and obviously Scott Canon was never heard of again. But then Redknapp always seemed to have his favourites who he would support (Peter Crouch)and give playing time to and those he didn't like (Darren Bent, taraabt) who he would let go, imo, too early. Lampard was very fortunate to have been given the opportunities he was given which contributed to his success. If you are Scot Canon at Brentford is it not likely to be harder to make it than in the first team at West Ham with Harry's support? Hardly a fair comparison. Knowing Harry's personality it is likely that he gave Lampard his opportunity not just on his ability but also because he was related.

In Lampard's case there was probably something personal.

I think it is fair to say that 'Arry has his favourites but they are not set in stone. Kranjcar seemed one of the favourites for a while, never the first choice starter, but nearly always involved. Hutton and Corluka went through periods where the were favoured to the exclusion of rotation and then both went out of favour. Perhaps this is just a consequence for having a strong preference for a first XI, rather than a rotated squad of 14-16.

favourites or not, his spell at THFC exceeded all expecatations until the final months.
you couldn't sack harry for his performance; more for his conduct

This made me have a brief wtf moment followed by a lol.

Its the Mancini/Balotelli story
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20908006

Mainly Mancini's words and comments from the journalist. Then from out of nowhere...
QPR boss Harry Redknapp said he thought Balotelli's problems with Mancini and Jose Mourinho, who managed the forward at Inter Milan, pointed to an individual who needed to change his ways.
"It can't be easy to deal with him," said Redknapp. "It must be difficult for Roberto to deal with him. You only have to see the way he is.
:lol:

Don't disagree with any of that. If AVB gets us top 4 and finishes above Arsenal, it will top anything Redknapp achieved.

I dont know why we are still harping on about Harry v AVB (not aimed at you Jurgen mate) but seeing as this is STILL being discussed im gonna stick my oar in.

I think what you said is fairly untrue.

Firstly Harry DID finish top four (he may not have finished above Arse but finished top four) and I dont care who he finished below or above - top four was the aim he achieved it the same way AVB will have achieved it. Arse being poorer is not because of AVBs or Harrys abilities as a Manager.

Secondly AVB was left with a better team with much more clout than Harry had. Harry had a team that was lacking so much confidence, style, team ethic, energy etc. We were fairly brick under Ramos (regardless of the Carling Cup) AVB has started with a team much higher quality in terms players and style and a much more mentally and physically stronger team than when Harry had taken over.

Harry got us top four twice and a fifth place position - it was consistency that he brought with our league placings. AVB need to do the same for a couple of years as far as im concerned. He has started well though in terms of results and the team performances are getting there too

I dont know why we are still harping on about Harry v AVB (not aimed at you Jurgen mate) but seeing as this is STILL being discussed im gonna stick my oar in.

I think what you said is fairly untrue.

Firstly Harry DID finish top four (he may not have finished above Arse but finished top four) and I dont care who he finished below or above - top four was the aim he achieved it the same way AVB will have achieved it. Arse being poorer is not because of AVBs or Harrys abilities as a Manager.

Secondly AVB was left with a better team with much more clout than Harry had. Harry had a team that was lacking so much confidence, style, team ethic, energy etc. We were fairly brick under Ramos (regardless of the Carling Cup) AVB has started with a team much higher quality in terms players and style and a much more mentally and physically stronger team than when Harry had taken over.

Harry got us top four twice and a fifth place position - it was consistency that he brought with our league placings. AVB need to do the same for a couple of years as far as im concerned. He has started well though in terms of results and the team performances are getting there too

I agree with a lot of what you say here but.... In his first season when those factors you rightly mention are taken into account HR finished mid table. So a fairer comparison with AVB this season should be from HR's second season when he had had a chance to put his mark on the team. I also think you are underestimating the psychological effect of finishing above Arsenal that no Spurs manager has done since Wenger has been manager? That in itself will be a tremendous achievement and which would earn AVB deserved plaudits.

I agree with a lot of what you say here but.... In his first season when those factors you rightly mention are taken into account HR finished mid table. So a fairer comparison with AVB this season should be from HR's second season when he had had a chance to put his mark on the team. I also think you are underestimating the psychological effect of finishing above Arsenal that no Spurs manager has done since Wenger has been manager? That in itself will be a tremendous achievement and which would earn AVB deserved plaudits.

I think the whole 'psychological' effect is vastly overrated. Now whilst it would be awesome, specifically for a spurs fan, I doubt players like Dempsey, Lloris, Siggy, Dembele etc will be affected too much. Yeah it will be great for them too but not sure of a 'psychological' effect. It would earn AVB plaudits from the fans and most probably the Board and Levy but will it really affect the players too much? Im sure the motivation is top four not finishing above Arse.

HR in his first FULL season got us top four and that remained consistent throughout the three years i.e. battling it out for fourth continuously and we are doing so this season (as far as the first half of the season has gone anyways) HR in the second season still got us from mid table mediocrity to fourth whilst AVB is, believe it or not, starting with a top four team (we finished last season top four) although some will argue that the entire spine is new which it is and we have done well thus far to play on without Modric, King and VDV.

I have never spoken to a single supporter of any of the other top clubs who wanted HR as their manager. Do you want him back?
What top club do you think Harry is capable of improving?

I know a fair few Chelsea fans who would rather have Redknapp right now.

I have never spoken to a single supporter of any of the other top clubs who wanted HR as their manager. Do you want him back?
What top club do you think Harry is capable of improving?

Do I want him back? Well that would mean sacking AVB who is doing a good job so obviously I wouldn't want that. But let's say hypothetically that a bigger club came in for AVB and we were without a manager, I would want Redknapp to come back, but I don't think him and Levy could co exist.

Were a top club, well were one of the top 6 or 7 biggest clubs in the country, and he improved us. I think he'd do a decent job at any other top club you care to name.

i just think people act irrational when they are talking about people they dont like

at his level? top comment

I think it can become this when there is an equal flood of fealty from others mate.
But personally, I cannot be any clearer about my thoughts on him, what he did for us and what he didn't do for us.
And the opinions at least stand the scrutiny of 'agree to disagree' although I know Golfball thinks I blatantly lie about Harry, but that's just one postee.

In Lampard's case there was probably something personal.

I think it is fair to say that 'Arry has his favourites but they are not set in stone. Kranjcar seemed one of the favourites for a while, never the first choice starter, but nearly always involved. Hutton and Corluka went through periods where the were favoured to the exclusion of rotation and then both went out of favour. Perhaps this is just a consequence for having a strong preference for a first XI, rather than a rotated squad of 14-16.

His treatment of Corluka was absurd. A genuine international-class player who could've been vital for us at times last season and he couldn't be kept happy? You have to wonder...

I think the whole 'psychological' effect is vastly overrated. Now whilst it would be awesome, specifically for a spurs fan, I doubt players like Dempsey, Lloris, Siggy, Dembele etc will be affected too much. Yeah it will be great for them too but not sure of a 'psychological' effect. It would earn AVB plaudits from the fans and most probably the Board and Levy but will it really affect the players too much? Im sure the motivation is top four not finishing above Arse.

HR in his first FULL season got us top four and that remained consistent throughout the three years i.e. battling it out for fourth continuously and we are doing so this season (as far as the first half of the season has gone anyways) HR in the second season still got us from mid table mediocrity to fourth whilst AVB is, believe it or not, starting with a top four team (we finished last season top four) although some will argue that the entire spine is new which it is and we have done well thus far to play on without Modric, King and VDV.

But it's more mate. He's only just had Parker available, no Kaboul, he's not had Benny all season (though this might be about to become a moot point sadly) and Ade was signed late/hurt/missing games for the red card. Dembele was hurt early on and missed a fair old stretch. It's not just the three you mentioned.

I believe that Harry is excellent at coming in and doing a short-term "power" job, but for long-term success, no. It's why I always maintained he would keep QPR up (and he will buy players, don't worry!) it's why he kept us up and frankly, it's why I think he would've been a great England manager. That job requires a certain focus and a certain time-frame. He would've done very well in the international set-up, and I would actually put money on him become Eire's manager when Trapattoni retires as it would be the PERFECT fit.

Back