• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

QPR 2 - Fulham 1

_64785103_qpr_getty.jpg

Gutted about the result today to be honest. Doesn't do anyone any good, because QPR are going down and I love Martin Jol and would rather see Jol/Fulham do well than Redknapp/QPR.

Gutted about the result today to be honest. Doesn't do anyone any good, because QPR are going down and I love Martin Jol and would rather see Jol/Fulham do well than Redknapp/QPR.

Seriously? Gutted?
I coudln't care less if either of those teams found themselves in league 2 tbh.

Wonder how much money that decision actually cost us, as we would have probably got third. Let's hope that Levy has lived and learned that one and backs AVB in the next two transfer markets.

Agree wholeheartedly that Levy should back AVB in the next two windows and, indeed, should've backed him in August better.

Interesting result today.
Fair play to Redknapp in sticking with the Rat, though I still wonder if he's the man you'll want away oop North in the freezing cold. But he delivered. I still think they can get out of it.

Unfortunately I think they WILL get out of it. Reading are doomed and Wigan no longer benefitting from an easy schedule. QPR will be above Wigan by the end of January.

but you're doing the same thing Steff. Everyone does it but i just added the word "factual" to it tbh.

"increasing divisions with Poyet" = not fact but the way you've worded it seems it's a fact.

"and that Kemsley had tried to foist Harry on Levy before" = not fact but the way you've worded it seems it's a fact.

"Again, it's a style, but it's not a style Levy likes" = not fact but the way you've worded it seems it's a fact.

;)
Just saw this.
No, I'm not doing the same. I know what I know.

Agree wholeheartedly that Levy should back AVB in the next two windows and, indeed, should've backed him in August better.

He wasn't backed in August ? We signed several players and dont have a poor player in the squad. AVB had the backing every other manager has had at Spurs, lets not continue this AVB apologising stuff.

Maybe Levy should back AVB when AVB can get the players playing at something near their best level (lets just forget about matching the over performing we saw under HR). No point giving money to someone who cant get the best out of big players.

For a man with a reputation of having good knowledge of European football (as every foreign manager apparently has) were you not a bit disappointed that we didnt get any decent unknown (or even known) talent from abroad for the first team squad ? Seeing as we spent money on Dembele, Sig, Dempsey etc its obvious the money was there, so next you have to wonder about who the manager asked for (apart from Moutinho who wasnt really interested). Maybe AVB took a break from football during his extended summer break and then caught up on a few MOTD shows during pre-season.

Anyway, its obvious Levy tightens up when he has doubts about the manager. Given our indifferent performances (indifferent is probably putting it politely) I wouldnt get your hopes up about major signings unless we show some seriously good form and consistency (which I hope we do as AVB is a really likeable person). The summer window was probably the most backing AVB will get.

He wasn't backed in August ? We signed several players and dont have a poor player in the squad. AVB had the backing every other manager has had at Spurs, lets not continue this AVB apologising stuff.

Maybe Levy should back AVB when AVB can get the players playing at something near their best level (lets just forget about matching the over performing we saw under HR). No point giving money to someone who cant get the best out of big players.

For a man with a reputation of having good knowledge of European football (as every foreign manager apparently has) were you not a bit disappointed that we didnt get any decent unknown (or even known) talent from abroad for the first team squad ? Seeing as we spent money on Dembele, Sig, Dempsey etc its obvious the money was there, so next you have to wonder about who the manager asked for (apart from Moutinho who wasnt really interested). Maybe AVB took a break from football during his extended summer break and then caught up on a few MOTD shows during pre-season.

Anyway, its obvious Levy tightens up when he has doubts about the manager. Given our indifferent performances (indifferent is probably putting it politely) I wouldnt get your hopes up about major signings unless we show some seriously good form and consistency (which I hope we do as AVB is a really likeable person). The summer window was probably the most backing AVB will get.

I don't agree with the constant calls to back the manager as I believe we'll spend if and when we can and if we don't have the money we don't, but how is it apologising for AVB to want Levy to back him? Results wise we are where we should be and we are IMO getting close to the performance level we should expect given the players we have. We have replaced half the team since last season. We do miss one or two key players to make it tick and our injury situation hasn't helped.

We have two key players missing in defense and another playing out of position, we've been woefully short in CM. Hudd and Livermore aren't good enough for the football we want to play. Because AVB can't get them to perform ABOVE their level he shouldn't be given players of the required quality?

So we spent money to fill some gaping holes in our squad, that doesn't mean we can keep spending till we have all the players we want.

Why would Levy hire AVB if he had doubts over him? Given that he had enough faith in him to hire him I see no reason why that should have changed. If anything, some of our lesser performances should be reason to add a player or two to maintain our challenge for the top 4.

Back to the usual Levy signings versus manager signings. According to one journo AVBs target list included Adebayor, Hulk, Moutinho and Leandro. None of Siggy, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey or Lloris were AVBs targets.

Back to the usual Levy signings versus manager signings. According to one journo AVBs target list included Adebayor, Hulk, Moutinho and Leandro. None of Siggy, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey or Lloris were AVBs targets.

Maybe they weren't his suggestions, but I would be surprised if he didn't agree to them. He couldn't really expect us to go out and sign the likes of Willian, Moutinho and Leandro. That's at least £75 million just for those three.

Vertonghen definitely wasn't an AVB signing, he was at the lane for our last game of the season.

Lloris probably wasn't either tbh, why would AVB take so long to install him as first choice for league games if he was an AVB signing?

Maybe they weren't his suggestions, but I would be surprised if he didn't agree to them. He couldn't really expect us to go out and sign the likes of Willian, Moutinho and Leandro. That's at least £75 million just for those three.

Levy really needs to back off and let the manager choose he signs. We don't want to be like Chelsea where Abramovich picks the players the club sign. He's the chairman so of course he's got the right to veto certain players, but he really shouldn't be suggesting players to AVB. Levy isn't a student of the game, he's a businessman, his dithering in every window proves he doesn't have a great knowledge of the game.

Levy really needs to back off and let the manager choose he signs. We don't want to be like Chelsea where Abramovich picks the players the club sign. He's the chairman so of course he's got the right to veto certain players, but he really shouldn't be suggesting players to AVB. Levy isn't a student of the game, he's a businessman, his dithering in every window proves he doesn't have a great knowledge of the game.

We can't limit ourselves to AVB's targets only. I'm a fan of having a DoF or even our current transfer comittee. Of course everyone involved has to be on board with this form of setup. Negotiations are done by Levy and a couple of others AFAIK, but in the end someone has to make a decision and you have to make compromises. We are not Chelsea or City, we can't cherry pick the players we want without worrying about money.

We can't limit ourselves to AVB's targets only. I'm a fan of having a DoF or even our current transfer comittee. Of course everyone involved has to be on board with this form of setup. Negotiations are done by Levy and a couple of others AFAIK, but in the end someone has to make a decision and you have to make compromises. We are not Chelsea or City, we can't cherry pick the players we want without worrying about money.

Why can't we? Do we not have scouts who suggest targets to AVB?

I am strongly against a DOF structure but that's another story. And can I ask why you are a fan of such a model when we have had the same system in place in the past and it has led to conflict between DOF and manager?

Again, Levy is not a football man, he's a businessman. Let him deal with the negotiations and the money side of the deal and leave the rest to AVB.

Why can't we? Do we not have scouts who suggest targets to AVB?

I am strongly against a DOF structure but that's another story. And can I ask why you are a fan of such a model when we have had the same system in place in the past and it has led to conflict between DOF and manager?

Again, Levy is not a football man, he's a businessman. Let him deal with the negotiations and the money side of the deal and leave the rest to AVB.

Most of all because I believe the manager should concentrate on coaching the first team. The DoF handles scouts, contracts and the overall setup of the footballing side of the club. We had a conflict with Santini as he wasn't what Arnesen wanted. The Jol/Comolli thing has been done to death, but I don't think it was all down to one man. There are so many clubs out there where this system works excellently. In some ways the DoF is a glorified head scout, but in the end it should be a joint decision which players to pursue and then we just have to see where negotiations take us. It's a role that requires more than just being an ex-player though.

Most of all because I believe the manager should concentrate on coaching the first team. The DoF handles scouts, contracts and the overall setup of the footballing side of the club. We had a conflict with Santini as he wasn't what Arnesen wanted. The Jol/Comolli thing has been done to death, but I don't think it was all down to one man. There are so many clubs out there where this system works excellently. In some ways the DoF is a glorified head scout, but in the end it should be a joint decision which players to pursue and then we just have to see where negotiations take us. It's a role that requires more than just being an ex-player though.

Fair enough. We just have different philosophies I suppose.

I agree, in theory, with this and I believe AVB does too, which is why he's here. But he earmarked one player, Moutinho, and I feel Levy should've delivered him despite the multiple ownership issues surrounding the player. I think AVB is a realist.

Back