• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

He wasn't backed in August ? We signed several players and dont have a poor player in the squad. AVB had the backing every other manager has had at Spurs, lets not continue this AVB apologising stuff.

Maybe Levy should back AVB when AVB can get the players playing at something near their best level (lets just forget about matching the over performing we saw under HR). No point giving money to someone who cant get the best out of big players.

For a man with a reputation of having good knowledge of European football (as every foreign manager apparently has) were you not a bit disappointed that we didnt get any decent unknown (or even known) talent from abroad for the first team squad ? Seeing as we spent money on Dembele, Sig, Dempsey etc its obvious the money was there, so next you have to wonder about who the manager asked for (apart from Moutinho who wasnt really interested). Maybe AVB took a break from football during his extended summer break and then caught up on a few MOTD shows during pre-season.

Anyway, its obvious Levy tightens up when he has doubts about the manager. Given our indifferent performances (indifferent is probably putting it politely) I wouldnt get your hopes up about major signings unless we show some seriously good form and consistency (which I hope we do as AVB is a really likeable person). The summer window was probably the most backing AVB will get.

My point specifically revolved around AVB talking up Moutinho the moment he arrived, the player talking up AVB, and it being obvious that this was a player AVB really really wanted. In that sense he should, IMHO, have been delivered the player. Instead he left it too late to sort out a deal which involved multiple ownership, and I personally believe Levy should've started on the deal earlier. I believe, incidentely, that the player WAS interested, very much so, but that his multiple ownership situation made it complicated. Further, he should've concluded the deal for Damiao pre-Olympics when there was an agreement on the table. He dithered until post-Olympics and it didn't happen. I am a huge fan of Levy and everything he has done for us, but he should've concluded these deals.

He wasn't backed in August ? We signed several players and dont have a poor player in the squad. AVB had the backing every other manager has had at Spurs, lets not continue this AVB apologising stuff.

Maybe Levy should back AVB when AVB can get the players playing at something near their best level (lets just forget about matching the over performing we saw under HR). No point giving money to someone who cant get the best out of big players.

For a man with a reputation of having good knowledge of European football (as every foreign manager apparently has) were you not a bit disappointed that we didnt get any decent unknown (or even known) talent from abroad for the first team squad ? Seeing as we spent money on Dembele, Sig, Dempsey etc its obvious the money was there, so next you have to wonder about who the manager asked for (apart from Moutinho who wasnt really interested). Maybe AVB took a break from football during his extended summer break and then caught up on a few MOTD shows during pre-season.

Anyway, its obvious Levy tightens up when he has doubts about the manager. Given our indifferent performances (indifferent is probably putting it politely) I wouldnt get your hopes up about major signings unless we show some seriously good form and consistency (which I hope we do as AVB is a really likeable person). The summer window was probably the most backing AVB will get.
Harsh but fair post. Well said.
However I have probably got more confidence than you in an upturn in AVB's fortunes.

We can't limit ourselves to AVB's targets only. I'm a fan of having a DoF or even our current transfer comittee. Of course everyone involved has to be on board with this form of setup. Negotiations are done by Levy and a couple of others AFAIK, but in the end someone has to make a decision and you have to make compromises. We are not Chelsea or City, we can't cherry pick the players we want without worrying about money.

Exactly. As for AVB "not wanting" individual players-if we sign players that the manager does not want or agree to then the manager should walk.

"It's only Fulham"

"Still a brick manager"

"Saggy faced ****"

Probably some of the witticisms we'll be hearing soon.

Well, your prediction did not come true and they are not witticisms anyway.

As for Harry the miracle he has to perform to get out of the relegation zone is.....win 2 games.

I stand by my prediction that Sunderland and Reading and one other will go down. Here are Sunderlands next 4 games. If Southampton win on 22/12/12 gonna be a tough Xmas period for Tykes.

Sat 22 Dec 2012 SouthamptonvSunderland 15:00
Wed 26 Dec 2012 - Premier League SunderlandvMan City 15:00
Sat 29 Dec 2012 - Premier League SunderlandvTottenham 12:45
Wed 2 Jan 2013 - Premier League LiverpoolvSunderland 19:45

Levy really needs to back off and let the manager choose he signs. We don't want to be like Chelsea where Abramovich picks the players the club sign. He's the chairman so of course he's got the right to veto certain players, but he really shouldn't be suggesting players to AVB. Levy isn't a student of the game, he's a businessman, his dithering in every window proves he doesn't have a great knowledge of the game.

Why not?

As fair as i'm aware the vast majority of Levy's 'suggestions' have done well here.

The problem occurs if they are not in fact suggestions.

Whose idea is it to keep amalgamating threads? There only three non stickied threads threads on the front page younger than August. It's crap.

Er..

So being successful the majority of the times he has bought players, means he should not do it.

Okay... 8-[

Be specific. Which players were HIS and his suggestions alone?

His dithering in the transfer window tells me that he doesn't know football enough. We are a team trying to finish in the top 4. Every point counts as we found out last season and you simply can't give your rivals a head start like we do by not getting deals done early enough. If you get the players in before the season starts, they can hopefully hit the ground running and they have time to adjust to the league and/or country.

Getting this back on topic, I have to say I giggled at onlyme's remark about 'the miracle'...let's be honest, he's absolutely right, and let's be even more honest, Harry knows doesn't he?

Somewhere in West London, he's got someone buffing a halo for May...

Well, your prediction did not come true and they are not witticisms anyway.

As for Harry the miracle he has to perform to get out of the relegation zone is.....win 2 games.

I stand by my prediction that Sunderland and Reading and one other will go down. Here are Sunderlands next 4 games. If Southampton win on 22/12/12 gonna be a tough Xmas period for Tykes.

Sat 22 Dec 2012 SouthamptonvSunderland 15:00
Wed 26 Dec 2012 - Premier League SunderlandvMan City 15:00
Sat 29 Dec 2012 - Premier League SunderlandvTottenham 12:45
Wed 2 Jan 2013 - Premier League LiverpoolvSunderland 19:45

I see what you're doing. If he get them out of trouble, it's not an achivement, if he doesn't get them out, it's a failure.

Be specific. Which players were HIS and his suggestions alone?

His dithering in the transfer window tells me that he doesn't know football enough. We are a team trying to finish in the top 4. Every point counts as we found out last season and you simply can't give your rivals a head start like we do by not getting deals done early enough. If you get the players in before the season starts, they can hopefully hit the ground running and they have time to adjust to the league and/or country.

I agree that it would be best to get transfers done early. Unfortunately there are usually more then just one side to transfers.

Just because i can.

Vertonghen definitely wasn't an AVB signing, he was at the lane for our last game of the season.

Lloris probably wasn't either tbh, why would AVB take so long to install him as first choice for league games if he was an AVB signing?

Two players you say were Levy signings, both are looking to be very astute purchases. Tell me some 'Levy' purchases that have failed miserably?

Honestly? It gets bandied around on here but i don't think any of the players were his and his suggestion alone. The club has a team of scouts. Those scouts go and scout players. It's then a discussion of our transfer committee that decideds whether or not they would be a good fit for us. A committee that contains levy, who is chairman which makes sense, AVB, who is manager which makes sense, Sherwood, who i have no idea what his job is, and probably others.

I agree that it would be best to get transfers done early. Unfortunately there are usually more then just one side to transfers.

Just because i can.

Two players you say were Levy signings, both are looking to be very astute purchases. Tell me some 'Levy' purchases that have failed miserably?

Honestly? It gets bandied around on here but i don't think any of the players were his and his suggestion alone. The club has a team of scouts. Those scouts go and scout players. It's then a discussion of our transfer committee that decideds whether or not they would be a good fit for us. A committee that contains levy, who is chairman which makes sense, AVB, who is manager which makes sense, Sherwood, who i have no idea what his job is, and probably others.

I didn't say they were Levy signings. As you say, there's a good chance that he is involved in the discussion as to which players we buy, but ultimately, it should be down to the manager, that's my view anyway.

I didn't say they were Levy signings. As you say, there's a good chance that he is involved in the discussion as to which players we buy, but ultimately, it should be down to the manager, that's my view anyway.

If the managers were to be here long term and not just thrown out these days on a bit of a whim then i would agree with you.

As the game is now i'd say it's sort of safer to have the overriding control in the hands of someone who is bound to the club longer term.

But it's fair enough if you don't think the overriding control should be given to Levy.

Levy reportedly has a number of advisors, Sherwood and Pleat to name two. He doesn't come up with names on his own. I would like to know more though about the process behind the lists of targets and how they determine their worth etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rly-transfer-window-wait-Spurs-cast-offs.html

I heard he was not allowed to slag off tottenham as part of his pay off. Reading between the lines though i think he is itching to, happen to agree with redknapp on this, also wonder if some talks have started already something like jenas, bentley and gomes for 10m, you know what levy is like.

He's right about getting things done early. If fudges me off that we take so long to get deals done and apparently everyone can see it apart from Levy.

Harry mouthing off. Levy will be brewing. Reading between the lines, Harry wanted one of our players, Levy has not played ball. Harry being a cun1. Still, if Harry is right, we now know that everyone at spurs is on less than 65k pw.

Back