• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

i hope people understand why redknapp tried to get the likes of keane, defoe, bellamy, parker,sandro, and barton and gallas even ...all within a short space of time

fudging hell, when you put those names in line thats an ugly transfer list

I should re-phrase this, you're right.

He DIDN'T want to sign those three in the same window because of the ages and wages involved versus where Harry was perceived to be going 12 months on. He had to be twisted to sign parker. I'm glad he was. An important signing last season for sure! There is also an argument for saying that a Bellamy might've made the diff for third and thus allowed u to get the money to sign whoever else. But Levy has always been against squads with too many older high-wagers, and Friedel, Bellamy, Gallas, Parker was considered too much, especially given the Ledley situation.

wait, harry didnt want to sign parker? so why did he sign him then? old man on big wages....it certainly wouldnt have been levy's choice

This thread is hilarious. Not one person has moved from their original position about old 'Arry.
I will ask 2 questions.
Do we want a great manager at Spurs?
Is one trophy in 65 years an indication of a great manager?

As for what next for Harry..well a win would be nice..?!

wait, harry didnt want to sign parker? so why did he sign him then? old man on big wages....it certainly wouldnt have been levy's choice

No no mate, LEVY didn't want to sign all three in the same window (sorry for the non-clarification)...Harry wanted them all and Diarra about 4 times over (I believe his salary was 90-100 PER WEEK!!!!!)...

why the continued fascination over redknapp? everyone can have their own opinion of him. more importantly who cares now that its all about AVB?

why the continued fascination over redknapp? everyone can have their own opinion of him. more importantly who cares now that its all about AVB?

Exactly.

And I don't expect anyone to be changing their mind much at this point.

West London derby tomorrow/today. Lots of Spurs connections. Jol, Redknapp, Bond, Jordan, Taarabt, Nelsen, Kelly, Davies, Berbatov, Luke Young, Cerny, Zamora. Quite a few won't be involved of course.

Do we want a great manager at Spurs? Doesn't every Spurs fan want this? We ain't big enough to get a Mourinho or Guardiola so Redknapp or AVB is the best we can realistically hope to get.

Is one trophy in 65 years an indication of a great manager? Unless he started managing as a toddler, he ain't been managing for that long mate.

So the last 16 games have no relevance, despite including the 10/11 game awful run that people keep talking about? Interesting.

The last 16 games is something you have brought in to the equation to support your views, trying to counter the argument that we 'collapsed' by comparing it with this season.

We collapsed over a 10-11 game period, which is what people are refering to. 6 games either side where we played well obviously distort that but doesn't change the fact we did fall apart for 10 games

why the continued fascination over redknapp? everyone

Because many are unable to move on from the fact he was eliminated from the club for 'all the good that he does, the miracle worker', while others were against AVB's appoitment from
day one and have suddenly become new-born Arry disciples in order to throw mud at the former.

The last 16 games is something you have brought in to the equation to support your views, trying to counter the argument that we 'collapsed' by comparing it with this season.

We collapsed over a 10-11 game period, which is what people are refering to. 6 games either side where we played well obviously distort that but doesn't change the fact we did fall apart for 10 games

Excellent post

No no mate, LEVY didn't want to sign all three in the same window (sorry for the non-clarification)...Harry wanted them all and Diarra about 4 times over (I believe his salary was 90-100 PER WEEK!!!!!)...

Wonder how much money that decision actually cost us, as we would have probably got third. Let's hope that Levy has lived and learned that one and backs AVB in the next two transfer markets.

I don't think we fell apart over 10 games to be honest. Norwich at home was awful, Arsenal away was poor but was a derby and anything can happen in those. Other than that, we played OK to well. Strangely we played better during that so called collapse than we have done for periods of this season where we have picked up maximum points. But that's the way football works sometimes which is why 10, or even 16 games isn't really a yardstick for any sort of sane opinion on football. 38 games is what counts during a season, not 5, not 10, not 16, not 37. Only 38.

It's a Redknapp thread. Why are you here?

I'm personally fascinated by any ex-Spurs connection and what they're doing now, and how they performing if still in the game. I am especially loving Chrissie Hughton's Norwich this season!

As for what next for Harry..well a win would be nice..?!

QPR 2 - Fulham 1

_64785103_qpr_getty.jpg

Back