• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

I find thisinteresting.

You are a great advocate of AVB, usually citing there have been major changes to our team and that he can't be judged until he has the players he wants and it will take time to implement a style. Basically you give him a free pass at the moment because he nees time. As it happens I agree with you 100%.

However when it comes to Redknapp and QPR, Redknapp is expected to turn it around immediately and if he doesn't, he fails?

Nope.
As usual, you get it wrong. But that's de rigor. You've doubtless done it before in another life, and I'm sure you'll do it again (that is IF we believe in reincarnation...)

Redknapp is smart and has absolutely covered both ends here. He has set the situation up to get paid handsomely regardless of the outcome. It is my personal belief that he would not have taken the job on unless he felt there was a good chance of keeping them up. But he has already set his public stall, saying it would be next to impossible to keep them up.

The other thing with regards to this quote of mine, is that you have selected it without any regard (or comment) on the many other comments I have made in this thread. Typical really. And you rebuke others for similar behavior.

I will be honest. I find the whole QPR situation fascinating. I called it early on (like a few others) and it has come to pass. If he keeps them up, I am intrigued to see how he does it and what the spin will be (or, indeed, what tools he has to raid from other familiar toolboxes to get it done). If they go down, oh well, it was expected right? Basically, harry has been brought in on a wing and a prayer; AVB has been brought in and is expected to maintain standards and improve on them despite key players not being at the club anymore. They are very different tasks, each requiring their own specific skills. I hope both men achieve what they have set out to do. My question really is what Harry has set out to achieve with QPR?

Redknapp is smart and has absolutely covered both ends here. He has set the situation up to get paid handsomely regardless of the outcome.

Spot on - he can never lose

- if they go down - 4 points from 12 games, blah, blah, blah, impossible, - he walks away innocent

- if they stay up - 4 points from 12 games, it was impossible, miracle worker, triffic effort - takes all the credit

It's amazing isn't it?

I mean as soon as you remotely criticise anything related to AVB it always the same thing..

* Ah well he needs time to implement his preferred system.
* Ah well he needs time to sign the players he wants (he's at least had the chance to bring players in).

The same EXACT people are now criticising Redknapp AFTER 3 GAMES . They've already worked out what he's doing wrong and everything. Where are those excuses about him needing time to implement his system and sign players? ah that's right they've conveniantly been forgotten.

You know, you're right. Harry needs more time to implement his system, because the situation at QPR is so identical to the one AVB walked into at our club.

If you'd like I'll break it down for you in detail, but the bottom line is Harry has been brought in to do a job, a very hard job I grant you, but a very specific one; rally the troops, get 'em luvvin' life an' footie again and up 'n' at 'em!!!!! He's getting there, it just didn't appear particularly effective when I saw the second-half on the match at the weekend. To be fair, I still think he will manage to do it; his start with us wasn't spectacular when he was brought in to 'do a job' and it wasn't until he'd had a January feast with his old chinas that we saw noticeable improvement/climb away from trouble. So it's very possible he can get them out, I was just saying I thought they looked clueless at the weekend.

But please, do me a favor, don't even try to compare the job AVB was given with the job Harry was given at QPR.

And there are still some fans who can not get over the messiah being sacked :-"

Unfortunately, given the fact that what was a very enjoyable discussion about QPR, Harry and what might happen has now been hijacked by the usual suspects, I see no other option but to heartily agree with this comment. You are 100% right. There are some who simply cannot accept it and never will. A great shame.

But please, do me a favor, don't even try to compare the job AVB was given with the job Harry was given at QPR.

AVB has been (hopefully) brought it to oversee a long-term project which can take take as long as a decade (to be fully implemented in every aspect within the club).

Arry is there to avoid relegation and take it from there - he's the 'fixer'

AVB has been (hopefully) brought it to oversee a long-term project which can take take as long as a decade (to be fully implemented in every aspect within the club).

Arry is there to avoid relegation and take it from there - he's the 'fixer'

Unfortunately this is simply not recognized it appears.

One thing stood out - 'defending' him against what exactly?

I can't believe some would be prepared to brick on our very own manager who has a 100x tougher job to implement in order to protect the Innocent One and be proven right in the long term

He made a few wrong choices and is gone for good - (eliminated as a threat if you wish) - never coming back. Never.

Last edited:
Nope.
As usual, you get it wrong. But that's de rigor. You've doubtless done it before in another life, and I'm sure you'll do it again (that is IF we believe in reincarnation...)

Redknapp is smart and has absolutely covered both ends here. He has set the situation up to get paid handsomely regardless of the outcome. It is my personal belief that he would not have taken the job on unless he felt there was a good chance of keeping them up. But he has already set his public stall, saying it would be next to impossible to keep them up.

The other thing with regards to this quote of mine, is that you have selected it without any regard (or comment) on the many other comments I have made in this thread. Typical really. And you rebuke others for similar behavior.

I will be honest. I find the whole QPR situation fascinating. I called it early on (like a few others) and it has come to pass. If he keeps them up, I am intrigued to see how he does it and what the spin will be (or, indeed, what tools he has to raid from other familiar toolboxes to get it done). If they go down, oh well, it was expected right? Basically, harry has been brought in on a wing and a prayer; AVB has been brought in and is expected to maintain standards and improve on them despite key players not being at the club anymore. They are very different tasks, each requiring their own specific skills. I hope both men achieve what they have set out to do. My question really is what Harry has set out to achieve with QPR?

you mean that deceitful mastermind that is Harry redknapp actually thought up this masterplan to downplay the task at hand to the media so if indeed he does achieve his objective he'll be seen as a genius? man i have't seen that since.............................NEAR ENOUGH EVERY OTHER MANAGER THAT TAKES OVER A STRUGGLING CLUB.

The guy is just so smart..setting his public stall to make tasks seem impossible...he does it all the time..well except for the time where he said we'd win the league...but yeh other than that he just keeps doing it.

You know, you're right. Harry needs more time to implement his system, because the situation at QPR is so identical to the one AVB walked into at our club.

If you'd like I'll break it down for you in detail, but the bottom line is Harry has been brought in to do a job, a very hard job I grant you, but a very specific one; rally the troops, get 'em luvvin' life an' footie again and up 'n' at 'em!!!!! He's getting there, it just didn't appear particularly effective when I saw the second-half on the match at the weekend. To be fair, I still think he will manage to do it; his start with us wasn't spectacular when he was brought in to 'do a job' and it wasn't until he'd had a January feast with his old chinas that we saw noticeable improvement/climb away from trouble. So it's very possible he can get them out, I was just saying I thought they looked clueless at the weekend.

You don't get it i don't think. you seem to think because their objectives are different we can't judge them based on what their individual goals are. it's not pick and mix like some like to play (ok AVB gets time to implement his system and sign his players but Arry gets judged straight away based on his goal being immediate survival).

No that's not how it works. He's gone into a demoralised squad that haven't won 1 game...not one. You like to ignore these facts and still lay judgement (And in the same breath critcise those that judge AVB to early). You look at the bigger picture and over ananlyse all the time when it's something you're in favour of (avb...Lloris) but you take a very simple approach when it's something you're not a fan of. It's clear as day but as i said you're opinion is one the majority holds so it's excused.

you mean that deceitful mastermind that is Harry redknapp actually thought up this masterplan to downplay the task at hand to the media so if indeed he does achieve his objective he'll be seen as a genius? man i have't seen that since.............................NEAR ENOUGH EVERY OTHER MANAGER THAT TAKES OVER A STRUGGLING CLUB.

The guy is just so smart..setting his public stall to make tasks seem impossible...he does it all the time..well except for the time where he said we'd win the league...but yeh other than that he just keeps doing it.

:ross:
He spent far FAR more time saying we wouldn't. He DOWNPLAYED EXPECTATIONS. His last word on it was that we could win the title 'within two seasons' last summer. After he'd realized he wasn't going to the England job, and when he realized that he suddenly wanted to stick around a while.

Read through his quotes over the years, if I could be bothered I'd give you a collection but if you're interested, look them up yourself. Based on what I've read from him in the many MANY years I've followed football, yes, I believe he is a man of shrewd margins.

SOME see that as the sign of a clever man you know...the fact I don't certainly doesn't make it any LESS a possibility.

You don't get it i don't think. you seem to think because their objectives are different we can't judge them based on what their individual goals are. it's not pick and mix like some like to play (ok AVB gets time to implement his system and sign his players but Arry gets judged straight away based on his goal being immediate survival).

No that's not how it works. He's gone into a demoralised squad that haven't won 1 game...not one. You like to ignore these facts and still lay judgement (And in the same breath critcise those that judge AVB to early). You look at the bigger picture and over ananlyse all the time when it's something you're in favour of (avb...Lloris) but you take a very simple approach when it's something you're not a fan of. It's clear as day but as i said you're opinion is one the majority holds so it's excused.

Well mate, I don't think you get it.
You can judge them however you want, it's all good with me. I choose to view situations in their respective contexts.
It's funny that you accuse me of a whole bunch of stuff but then state that it is an opinion 'the majority' holds.

Whatever. Seriously. Rather than walk down the same old tired road, do you want to try and get back to talking football in this thread? I'd be interested to know which QPR line-up you think would best serve Harry right now (something a few of us were quite happily discussing a few pages back before, well, you know...)

By the way, rather than do it myself, could I kindly request that you take down one of your double-posts? One slagging of me is quite enough mate!!! :lol:;)

(trust me I know double-posts are easy to do, I do them all the time and catch myself so no worries)

Well mate, I don't think you get it.
You can judge them however you want, it's all good with me. I choose to view situations in their respective contexts.
It's funny that you accuse me of a whole bunch of stuff but then state that it is an opinion 'the majority' holds.

Whatever. Seriously. Rather than walk down the same old tired road, do you want to try and get back to talking football in this thread? I'd be interested to know which QPR line-up you think would best serve Harry right now (something a few of us were quite happily discussing a few pages back before, well, you know...)

I accuse you because that's exactly what you do.

With AVB it's "he needs more time, more signings, etc etc" and with Arry it's making judgements from the off and already working out what he's doing wrong with no talk about what he has going against him and all the talk on how he's trying to swerve everyone.

With Friedel it's "ah well you know he's getting old and he can't make those saves anymore..it's not his fault etc etc" but with Lloris it's "motd really should have got a goalie to analyse it, he's running back and has to to anticipate whilst turning 90 degrees and the cb moves forward which in turn makes it impossible for him to see and the sun was shinning on him at that time and his wife was in labour but it suddenly started snowing when he dived etc etc". You can not simply say he should have done better but you find every reason under the sun to excuse him.

Billyiddo said that people don't judge things based on just performance and i actually understand it now. Personally i will ALWAYS judge based on individual performance no matter if said player is one of my favourites.

Arry is more than likely a con artist with a foul personality and lies through his teeth. you think i don't see that? you think the people that defend his managerial record with us don't see he's dishonest? but you're going on as if it's some sort of master plan when he downplays things...i mean how exactly is that him being smart? we all see what he's doing so who is he fooling?

I can't answer your question because tbh i haven't seen QPR much so don't really know what sort of line up they should start. They should start Granero though i agree but i'll give him more than 3 games before properly analysing things.

I accuse you because that's exactly what you do.

With AVB it's "he needs more time, more signings, etc etc" and with Arry it's making judgements from the off and already working out what he's doing wrong with no talk about what he has going against him and all the talk on how he's trying to swerve everyone.

With Friedel it's "ah well you know he's getting old and he can't make those saves anymore..it's not his fault etc etc" but with Lloris it's "motd really should have got a goalie to analyse it, he's running back and has to to anticipate whilst turning 90 degrees and the cb moves forward which in turn makes it impossible for him to see and the sun was shinning on him at that time and his wife was in labour but it suddenly started snowing when he dived etc etc". You can not simply say he should have done better but you find every reason under the sun to excuse him.

Billyiddo said that people don't judge things based on just performance and i actually understand it now. Personally i will ALWAYS judge based on individual performance no matter if said player is one of my favourites.

Arry is more than likely a con artist with a foul personality and lies through his teeth. you think i don't see that? you think the people that defend his managerial record with us don't see he's dishonest? but you're going on as if it's some sort of master plan when he downplays things...i mean how exactly is that him being smart? we all see what he's doing so who is he fooling?

I can't answer your question because tbh i haven't seen QPR much so don't really know what sort of line up they should start. They should start Granero though i agree but i'll give him more than 3 games before properly analysing things.

You accuse me because let's face it, we simply butt heads on this forum all the time, and rather than pick up numerous other posters, you will always take aim at me, and I will return fire on you. It's sad really, but there we go, what can be done? Someone tries to stop.

At the risk of 'giving in' I'm just going to walk away. I am very, very comfortable with what I've said and the opinions I hold. I'm also comfortable with the things I say which you don't either see or highlight. You clearly believe me to be a hypocrite on many matters, which I can live with. I know what I am. It's all good.
COYS

The bias on this forum is actually so amusing! Same posters though, always with the double standards I am realising. Harry was smart taking the job because it's a no lose situation, and no doubt if he had turned the job down it was because he was a coward or some brick like that.

Every opportunity to take that dig at him. Anyone would think he did a bad job for us or sold us down the river. He got us top five three successive seasons, built on a decent team and turned us into top four challengers and left us stronger than he found us. I for one am very grateful.

Back