• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OT: What next for Harry?

QPR need a miracle to stay up. They need top six form in the second half of the season to stand a chance and they do not have the players available to do it.

I think that QPR held onto Hughes too long but even if they had got rid of him sooner, there is only so much an incoming manager can do with one, out of form striker, a billion average midfielders and a ropey defence.

I think that there is a fair chance that by the time the window opens they will be trimming the wage bill to prepare for the drop, rather than sign players to help them stray up.

QPR do not need a miracle. They need to improve their playing style and personnel. That is the manager's job. It is a tough ask but it is not an impossible task. Who gave Wigan a chance last term? Didn't Pompey go on great run? What about the boing-boing boys' stay-up season?
I personally don't care whether or not QPR stay up and it would not make HR a bad manager if he fails. He will more than likely bring them straight back up again next season.
Because HR is a good manager.
But he was not good enough for Spurs.

QPR do not need a miracle. They need to improve their playing style and personnel. That is the manager's job. It is a tough ask but it is not an impossible task. Who gave Wigan a chance last term? Didn't Pompey go on great run? What about the boing-boing boys' stay-up season?
I personally don't care whether or not QPR stay up and it would not make HR a bad manager if he fails. He will more than likely bring them straight back up again next season.

How many points do you think they will need to stay up?

It looks like Norwich and West Ham won't be down there and I can't see Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine struggling all season either, so it's really down to 5 teams: QPR, Reading, Southampton, Wigan and Aston Villa. Right now I'd say Reading are certain to go down and Villa will probably be safe. Then it's two from QPR, Soton and Wigan. 35 points should do it, but we'll know a lot more in a month or so.

It looks like Norwich and West Ham won't be down there and I can't see Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine struggling all season either, so it's really down to 5 teams: QPR, Reading, Southampton, Wigan and Aston Villa. Right now I'd say Reading are certain to go down and Villa will probably be safe. Then it's two from QPR, Soton and Wigan. 35 points should do it, but we'll know a lot more in a month or so.

Wigan absolutely will not be relegated. Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be in the mix.

Wigan absolutely will not be relegated. Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be in the mix.

Wigan's points last year was an overachievement and they will be down there this year. Tomorrow's game between Sunderland and Reading could be a real turning point for the team that wins, will probably be a draw though. I will shamelessly plug my stats blog again (will be completely up to date after tomorrow's game). Look the away form of the teams, it says a lot about their actual quality.

As much as i love there manager and i would have happily had him here in the summer i think this could be the year wigan finally drop, they have ridden there luck for a few years and seem to really miss a striker. I hope they stay up because of there style of play and there manager but i have seen it before where a team stays up a few years but then drops.

Would like to see come up Crystal Palace, Charlton and Brighton i know it would mean a couple more derbies for us but i quite like those clubs and would love to see the first two back in the prem and brighton get the chance. If brighton came up they would go straight back down again unless they spent a lot of money.

Wigan's points last year was an overachievement and they will be down there this year. Tomorrow's game between Sunderland and Reading could be a real turning point for the team that wins, will probably be a draw though. I will shamelessly plug my stats blog again (will be completely up to date after tomorrow's game). Look the away form of the teams, it says a lot about their actual quality.

I would bet on both of those teams going down and one other. Got a hunch that Southampton will stay up but would not put a penny on it.

Who knows? The relegation zone is unpredictable. One, two or even three sides could go on a run as bad as QPR's.

OK. Well let's try another approach. QPR's fixtures between now and January are

QPR V Fulham
Saudi Sportswashing Machine V QPR
QPR V West Brom
QPR V Liverpool

How many points do you see them getting from that and how far from adrift from 17th do you think they could be?

As much as i love there manager and i would have happily had him here in the summer i think this could be the year wigan finally drop, they have ridden there luck for a few years and seem to really miss a striker. I hope they stay up because of there style of play and there manager but i have seen it before where a team stays up a few years but then drops.

Would like to see come up Crystal Palace, Charlton and Brighton i know it would mean a couple more derbies for us but i quite like those clubs and would love to see the first two back in the prem and brighton get the chance. If brighton came up they would go straight back down again unless they spent a lot of money.

I would not mind those three. Think of the money we save on hotels and travelling costs especially if Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine go down.

QPR V Fulham
QPR V West Brom
QPR V Liverpool

How many points do you see them getting from that and how far from adrift from 17th do you think they could be?

Dunno...how many do you think?

QPR V Fulham
QPR V West Brom
QPR V Liverpool

I can see them winning against Fulham, which should give them enough impetus to go on and get three points against an atrocious Saudi Sportswashing Machine and an out-of-form West Brom. Liverpool are the only really testing team in these four at the moment.So as onlyme pointed out, the outcome of that London derby will determine their fate.

I agree. It will be difficult, but it wouldn't be a miracle if they stayed up. Much more a miracle that Wigan survived last season than anything QPR do this season (bar qualifying for the Champions League I suppose)

I do think some people are just expecting Redknapp to arrive and that's it, they're saved. I don't believe that for a second, still a lot of work to be done and they have a squad that can't be easy to work with.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

The bookies normally gets it fairly close to right, Reading, QPR, Southampton, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland, Norwich, Saudi Sportswashing Machine being their order.

I can see them winning against Fulham, which should give them enough impetus to go on and get three points against an atrocious Saudi Sportswashing Machine and an out-of-form West Brom. Liverpool are the only really testing team in these four at the moment.So as onlyme pointed out, the outcome of that London derby will determine their fate.

Fulham looked good last night I thought. Hangeland back, Berba being classy, well organized hard working side. Think it will be a tough one for them. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away is never going to be easy - especially when you have at most one win so far in the season.

I find thisinteresting.

You are a great advocate of AVB, usually citing there have been major changes to our team and that he can't be judged until he has the players he wants and it will take time to implement a style. Basically you give him a free pass at the moment because he nees time. As it happens I agree with you 100%.

However when it comes to Redknapp and QPR, Redknapp is expected to turn it around immediately and if he doesn't, he fails?

It's amazing isn't it?

I mean as soon as you remotely criticise anything related to AVB it always the same thing..

* Ah well he needs time to implement his preferred system.
* Ah well he needs time to sign the players he wants (he's at least had the chance to bring players in).

The same EXACT people are now criticising Redknapp AFTER 3 GAMES . They've already worked out what he's doing wrong and everything. Where are those excuses about him needing time to implement his system and sign players? ah that's right they've conveniantly been forgotten.

It's amazing isn't it?

I mean as soon as you remotely criticise anything related to AVB it always the same thing..

* Ah well he needs time to implement his preferred system.
* Ah well he needs time to sign the players he wants (he's at least had the chance to bring players in).

The same EXACT people are now criticising Redknapp AFTER 3 GAMES . They've already worked out what he's doing wrong and everything. Where are those excuses about him needing time to implement his system and sign players? ah that's right they've conveniantly been forgotten.

And he has a FAR WORSE group of players to choose from who are also low on morale.

I know we've lost key players from last season, but if you listen to some Spurs fans it's like AVB has taken over a struggling midtable side who have no chance at all of finishing 4th. I think we will come up just short btw and prob get 5th so I'm not setting unrealistic goals for him. But you can bet your life that the same staunch AVB posters who say NOW that we have a great shot of getting 4th will still be making excuses for him if CL qualification is not the end result of our season.

And he has a FAR WORSE group of players to choose from who are also low on morale.

I know we've lost key players from last season, but if you listen to some Spurs fans it's like AVB has taken over a struggling midtable side who have no chance at all of finishing 4th. I think we will come up just short btw and prob get 5th so I'm not setting unrealistic goals for him. But you can bet your life that the same staunch AVB posters who say NOW that we have a great shot of getting 4th will still be making excuses for him if CL qualification is not the end result of our season.

QPR are doomed, I said that earlier before Redknapp even took charge and I stick by it.

As for Spurs, I would say we have a great chance of getting top four. Yes we are weaker than last year, but our 4th place rivals are comparitively a lot weaker than they were last year. So we may have gone backwards, but they've gone further backwards! My biggest concern is the amount of games we've lost so far this season already. 22 games to go for us and I don't think we can afford to lose more than four (five at a very push) to be top four. Considering we've lost 6 in the first 16, that is going to be a hell of a turnaround.

Back