• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

my definition of controlling a game is going 2 goals or more up and then retaining possesion...ole football....Norwich is all I can think off.......1-0 up is not control for me......

people have different definitions of control!!!

Im beginning to think we were too easily satisfied.

=D>

GB and Jordy for starters! :)

regardless of who was in charge. if it was AVB then most of the AVB haters would want him out for not going to OT and "running around abit". A win at Old Trafford is a win at Old Trafford, couldnt give a **** how we did it. It's the human nature of some Spurs fans for some reason who are clinging on to past glories.

regardless of who was in charge. if it was AVB then most of the AVB haters would want him out for not going to OT and "running around abit". A win at Old Trafford is a win at Old Trafford, couldnt give a **** how we did it. It's the human nature of some Spurs fans for some reason who are clinging on to past glories.

Don't remember too many shouts of "AVB out" after our win at OT last season.

Now that is something Spurs fans will never be.

Is that true though???? judging by the union & republic civil war we are enjoying on this forum at the moment...

some were satisfied with our peformances under AVB...others were not.......I was going along not enamoured but hopeful things would get better in time......obviously the tonkings robbed my belief and left me feeling numb.

But yeah....in terms of controlling a game....I hardly think you can say you are controlling a game unless you have at least a two goal advantage.......an impressive peformance is nothing without the goals......you can say we were in the ascendancy but you cant say control.......which leaves us with just Norwich at home....

so says me anyway.....argument ended thank you and goodnight...

we weren't "boring" then though.

had my mates round for that man utd game......dished out some coke cans from the fridge.......

when verts scored I went absolutley mental grabbing my mates arm and shaking it uncontrollably........

needless to say my other half was not impressed when coke preceeded to spray all over the laminate floor and **** everywhere!!!!!!

alas that was an exciting game......I can still see Rio's face when bale left him for dead!!!!!

that second half was the worst 45 mins of my life....bar dempseys goal.

had my mates round for that man utd game......dished out some coke cans from the fridge.......

when verts scored I went absolutley mental grabbing my mates arm and shaking it uncontrollably........

needless to say my other half was not impressed when coke preceeded to spray all over the laminate floor and **** everywhere!!!!!!

alas that was an exciting game......I can still see Rio's face when bale left him for dead!!!!!

that second half was the worst 45 mins of my life....bar dempseys goal.

i turned it off with 15 minutes to go. Didn't even know we got lucky with RVP missing a sitter until about a week a go when i rewatched the match :lol:

i turned it off with 15 minutes to go. Didn't even know we got lucky with RVP missing a sitter until about a week a go when i rewatched the match :lol:

I couldn't watch the last 5 minis. It was too tense. But you just can't describe the feeling how excited and happy it was once the game finished. Will always rate AVB highly for that memorable win. Thanks AVB !

-------------------Lloris---------------------
Naughton-----Dawson-----Chiriches------Rose
-----------Eriksen----------Capoue-----------
Lennon--------------------------Lamela------
---------Adebayor----------Soldado----------

With no Walker it is imperative we play a winger on the right. Naughton is simply not good enough going forward even on the right. Hopefully Lennon is fit, otherwise we should play Chadli there. With Ade and Soldado up front it would be criminal not to hit Stoke with plenty of crosses from at least one wing, and I don't want to rely on Rose again. Lennon prefers a bit of a shorter cross from the byline/ close to the penalty area, and often looks to cut it back which will be useful against a Stoke side who I assume will be strong in the air (who will actually play!?), Soldado should have too much guile for them if given decent service.

Naughton is a decent passer of the ball, while Eriksen on the right would be well positioned to release Lennon early with straight balls towards the corner flag. Ade would be willing to drop in and create space for Lennon to make more central runs in the channel between CB and LB, and could hold it up and lay it off to both Naughton and Eriksen to pick these passes.

I would have liked to see Lamela on the right, but due to the above we should play him on the left. I don't think he has looked as good there, but if we give him some license to roam, pick up space and find passes, he will hopefully flourish with the movement of Soldado ahead of him. He looked confident when he came on against West Brom, and Rose overlapping with Capoue sitting behind covering the either/both of them might work well as a unit in conjunction with Soldado down the left.

Personally I think Dawson and Chiriches have been dreadful recently, but Dawson's aerial prowess will be useful, and we must continue with Chiriches for continuity, a lack of alternatives, but mostly to continue his adaptation to this league. He has a lot of good attributes but needs to get used to the pace and quick decision-making required in the PL. He also compliments Dawson and on form this would be a very solid CB pairing, with Dawson able to push up into space left behind if Eriksen advances, while Chiriches can use his relative pace to cover Rose, with Capoue dropping in.

Really we should have more than enough for an under-strength Stoke side, even if we are under-strength ourselves. But of course it will never be that simple...

I have a feeling this is going to go well.

4-0
Ade
Soldado x2
Lamela

Sherwood haters still hating.

.............................Lloris
......Walker....Dawson.....Chiriches......Rose
.............................Capoue
.........Lennon..........Eriksen........Lamela
...................Soldado.....Adebayor

If that team comes out on the front foot, high tempo, we'll win.
Home against Stoke and we must win to remain in touch with 4th.
COYS

Not sure what to expect in this match. Looking at the way we struggled against WBA, it seems like the team not yet settled under Sherwood. I think the lack of experience means Sherwood will need more time to build settled team. But we have a good record against Stoke in recent years. And Stoke have the worst away record in the league this season, winning 1, drawing 2 and losing 6 matches. On paper, it looks like an easy win for us. But we have struggled badly at home so far this season. This will be a good time to improve on our home record. Just hope we will do just enough to get the win here.

Unfortunately, we are badly lacking in goals from everyone. Soldado supposed to be our main striker but he has not impressed since signing for us. It seems like he has to rely on penalties to score for us in the league. And it looks like we have to rely on the unpredictable Adebayor again to get us the goals in this match. Just hope Adebayor of the Southampton match will turn up for this match, not the usual lazy one. Wish we can call upon Defoe but for some reason he seems to be missing nowadays. It will be disappointing if Defoe leaves to other club next month without scoring a league goal this season.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Our midfield looks so unsettled nowadays due to injuries and loss of form. And with Sherwood insisting not to play any defensive midfielders, we look very vulnerable in midifled. Wish Sandro is fit now and force Sherwood to play him. Without Sandro, we lack a leader in midfield too pull the midfield together. Wish Sherwood brings in Capoue in Sandro's place. Eriksen did well to score from the freekick against WBA. Hope that has given more confidence to him. Wish Lennon is fit and starts. Sigurdsson should be dropped as he has been ver poor lately. Hope Lamela starts in his place and make an impact in this match.

Our defence have not kept a clean sheet in the last 7 matches. It will be great if we can keep one here. But withtout Vertonghen, it looks almost impossible to keep a clean sheet. Players like Chiriches and Dawson really need to step up their game and avoid any silly mistakes. But you have to worry more about the form of Lloris. He seems to be make many mistakes since his head injury. And he doesn't looks assured when dealing with crosses now. Hope he gets back his old form and help us keep a clean sheet.

I think we badly need to win this match to stay in the top 4 race. After losing valuable points against WBA, we cannot afford to lose more points against another struggling team. It will be great if we can play well and get a big win. But will accept a simple win with us keeping a clean sheet.

Any official team news yet ?

Really don't know how many players are injured now as we seldom get to hear about it nowadays. Hope we will turn up and get that much needed win in this match.

too right :lol:

we could beat Man Utd 0-1 at OT with 10 men parked in our area and scoring on the counter and people will probably want Sherwood out.

We could do the treble and people would still want Sherwood out ..

Back