• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham vs. Stoke

And what did you expect? Us to become world beaters overnight?

I expect us to control a game against West Brom at home. We weren't exciting at home under AVB but at least we had some sort of control over ****e teams.

Didn't he say that for West Brom game too?

I've said it before but rarely have I seen a Brazilian settle here in their first season. A good comparison is Ramires, awful when he came and now one of the best midfielders in the league.

I've said it before but rarely have I seen a Brazilian settle here in their first season. A good comparison is Ramires, awful when he came and now one of the best midfielders in the league.

no

Yeah, I posted it in the match thread so maybe he's not that clued up or he can't differentiate between playing and starting.

Or maybe he was fed duff info?

Or maybe he's tired of people pestering him?

By his brother?

Have you seen his twitter? He answers hundreds of questions a day. Technically he wasn't actually wrong as he was asked whether Erik's playing and he answered yes, so didn't specifically say he would start.

Lots of teams made 5 or 6 changes today due to injuries, tired players and suspensions over the busy Xmas period

I expect if TS makes changes people will leap on it and say that means TS hates X or loves Y or is an idiot.

I think Sherwood might go with Fredericks on the right.

Can Rose play 90 minutes again so soon and should he with ManU in mind? Wasn't there talk about Fryers being a Sherwood signing? Suspect he might feature here.

Stoke's central midfield is very much hack and slash. Might see Palacios back for this as they have players suspended. We need a stronger presence there, namely Capoue if both of Dembele and Sandro are injured.

Make sure Ade is properly fired up or don't bother playing him. Crosses probably won't be of much use, though rumours are suggesting ShawX (that's what the Stoke fans call him :rolleyes:) might not play. Maybe Lamela or Paulinho playing off Soldado would be better.

Can Rose play 90 minutes again so soon and should he with ManU in mind? Wasn't there talk about Fryers being a Sherwood signing? Suspect he might feature here.

Stoke's central midfield is very much hack and slash. Might see Palacios back for this as they have players suspended. We need a stronger presence there, namely Capoue if both of Dembele and Sandro are injured.

Make sure Ade is properly fired up or don't bother playing him. Crosses probably won't be of much use, though rumours are suggesting ShawX (that's what the Stoke fans call him :rolleyes:) might not play. Maybe Lamela or Paulinho playing off Soldado would be better.

Hadn't thought about that. PG we don't put Naughton on the left.

I don't think he needs to be fired up for this game. I want him to play within himself as he did against WBA and save all the fired up stuff for the next 2 games.

Last edited:

This. And test him on his understanding of the offside rule.

PLAYER NOTES

- Michael Dawson is set to become our only ever-present in the Premier League this season as Kyle Walker misses out through suspension. Like Kyle, Michael has started all 18 PL matches so far.

- Mousa Dembele has featured in 27 of our 29 matches in all competitions this season.

- A number of players have yet to face the Potters - Vlad Chiriches, Etienne Capoue, Nacer Chadli, Christian Eriksen, Lewis Holtby, Erik Lamela and Paulinho.

- However, Roberto Soldado has faced Stoke - he came off the bench in both legs as Valencia beat the Potters 1-0 home and away in the Europa League in February, 2012.

LEAGUE v STOKE

- We are unbeaten in our last three PL meetings against Stoke (1 win, 2 draws).

- We have only lost one of our last seven PL meetings against the Potters (won 4, drawn 2).

- There has only been one 0-0 PL draw in our 10 PL meetings - at the Lane in December, 2012. This is our only goalless draw in the last 24 league meetings against Stoke dating back to October, 1977.

- We have scored in six of the last seven PL meetings and in eight of the 10 PL clashes overall.

HOME LEAGUE v STOKE

- We are unbeaten in our last three home PL meetings against Stoke (1 win, 2 draws).

- We’ve drawn our last two home PL meetings.

HEAD TO HEAD

Our biggest league win against Stoke is a five-goal margin, last achieved in a 6-1 victory at Stoke's former Victoria Ground home in the old Division One on September 15, 1951.

Our biggest league win at the Lane is by a five-goal margin achieved by the 'Push And Run' title-winners, a 6-1 win in Division One on October 21, 1950.

The highest aggregate scoreline is seven goals - last occuring in a 4-3 win at the Lane in Division One, October 7, 1972.

HAT-TRICKS v STOKE

Only two players have scored hat-tricks against Stoke in our history, both at the Lane.

- Frank Osbourne at the Lane, a 3-1 win in the old Division Two, October, 1929.

- Steve Archibald at the Lane, a 4-1 win in the old Division One, May, 1983.

Back